Angioprotectors: what is it? Preparations
Each patient, who is prescribed medication, is interested in: angioprotectors - what it is and what they are for. This group of drugs that have a positive effect on the blood vessels and promote normal blood microcirculation.
Preparations of angioprotectors and microcirculation correctors normalize blood supply, dilate blood vessels, restore flow in the bloodstream, normalize metabolism, increase tone.
The mechanism of action of this group of medicines is aimed at:
- suppression of mediators of the inflammatory process;
- restoration of vascular wall permeability;
- decreased production of hyaluronic acid;
- improvement in blood composition;
- decrease in blood viscosity;
- decrease in adherence of blood cells to vascular walls.
Angioprotectors are drugs that have a wide range of effects on vascular pathology. This is a large group of medicines.
To whom are assigned
In the treatment of vascular pathologies, patients are asked questions: angioprotectors - what is it, why are they prescribed? First of all, it is necessary to find out which pathologies they are prescribed.
Preparations of the angioprotective group are prescribed for the following diseases:
- varicose veins;
- venous insufficiency;
- hemorrhoid therapy;
- treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Indications for prescribing the drug are also:
- vascular disease caused by diabetes mellitus or rheumatism;
- formation of atherosclerotic plaques;
- states in which it is necessary to improve cerebral circulation, IHD.
The preparations of other pharmaceutical groups possess angioprotective action; for example, acetylsalicylic acid can dilute blood. Also this action has ascorbic acid, glucocorticoids, etc. But the group itself is represented only by means that have a selective effect of angioprotective nature.
Division of angioprotectants into groups
The type of action can be divided into groups of all angioprotectors. Preparations of the first will include medicines, the action of which is directed to the treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids. In the second you can include medications that affect the veins. In the third - funds designed to treat microcirculation disorders in small vessels.
Knowing, angioprotectors - what it is, you can choose a drug for the treatment of microcirculation disorders. It is important to understand that the remedy should be taken only after consultation with the attending physician.
Angioprotectors, listed below, have a wide range of action.
- "Diovenor 600".This medicine has a positive effect in the following pathologies: stagnation of blood, violation of permeability of capillaries, veins. The drug is prescribed for chronic venous insufficiency, the appearance of heaviness in the legs, hemorrhoids.
- Pentoxifylline. The drug is available in the form of tablets and a solution for injection. The doctor prescribes the drug in the event that there is a risk of hemorrhage.
- "Pirikarbat".It is prescribed for severe skin damage.
- "Rutozid."The agent for the treatment of local varicose, is available in the form of a gel.
- "Tanakan".The drug is able to improve cerebral circulation, normalize microcirculation. This medication is prescribed in cases of impaired coordination of movement, dizziness, arteriopathy.
- "Angiovit".Replenishes the lack of B vitamins in the body. It is used in complex therapy for IHD, cerebral circulation disorders.
- "Venarus".It is prescribed with the widening of the veins of the lower extremities, with convulsions, ulcers, hemorrhoids.
- Mexidol. Injection. It is prescribed for disorders of cerebral circulation, encephalopathy, peritonitis, inflammations of soft tissues.
- Detralex. Prepart is prescribed for pathologies of veins. It helps to normalize blood circulation in the lower extremities, make the walls of the vessels elastic, restore their tone. Effective in the treatment of varicose veins, ulcers, convulsions.
- Heparin ointment, suppositories, injections are the most famous angioprotectors. What is this for the means and how to apply them correctly, do not everyone know. Ointment, for example, has a local effect on the problem areas, dissolving bruises, seals after intramuscular injections.
This is not the whole list of angioprotectants. The doctor selects the drug group, depending on the place of injury, the severity of the ailment.