Instructions for use "Pulmeks Baby".Drug analogues
Young children are more likely than others to catch colds and respiratory tract ailments. Unfortunately, not always babies can be treated with the same drugs as adults. Therefore, pharmaceutical companies began to produce special products intended for small patients.
Most often, with diseases of the respiratory tract, pediatricians prescribe children a drug such as "Pulmeks Baby".Analogues, contraindications and the way of its application will be presented below.
Composition, description, packaging, form
Pulmex Baby, the analogue of which is sold in all pharmacies, goes on sale as a homogeneous white ointment that has a specific aroma of essential oils. You can buy this product in aluminum tubes of 40 g or 20 g.
The composition of the medicinal ointment for children includes such active components as leaf-eucalyptus leaf oil, rosemary oil and Peruvian balsam. In addition, the medication in question contains auxiliary elements in the form of carbomer 974P, sodium hydroxide, water and polysorbate.
Pharmacological action of
Multifunctional is the drug "Pulmeks Baby".Analogues of it are local expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agents. Such properties of the said drug are explained by the presence of essential oils therein.
Specialists claim that this medication does not irritate the skin. It absorbs pretty well in the covers and almost never leaves a trace on the clothes.
Kinetics of the drug
Benzoic acid and sodium benzoate, which are contained in Peruvian balsam, are easily absorbed into the skin. In a small amount, they enter the systemic circulation and are converted into hippuric acid. These components are excreted for several hours( through the kidneys).
As for eucalyptol, it undergoes a hydroxylation reaction and is also excreted through the kidneys, and also through the lungs( through phlegm).
Why is the "Pulmeks Baby" tool necessary? The use of this drug is indicated as a local adjuvant medicine with:
- ARI and cold;
- bronchitis( acute and chronic);
The medication in question should never be prescribed for:
- epilepsy( convulsions) in an anamnesis;
- allergies to the components of the drug;
- age less than 6 months;
- wounds, abrasions and other skin damage at the site of application.
It is also necessary to exercise caution in people with bronchial asthma. It is forbidden to apply ointment to mucous eyes, mouth and nose.
Preparation "Pulmeks Baby": instruction for use
This product is used only externally.
The instructions say that this ointment should be applied a thin layer on a dry and clean skin( a strip of several centimeters).
For children over 3 years and adults, the frequency of this drug is three times a day.
For children from 6 months to 3 years of age, the ointment should be applied twice a day.
The medication is lightly rubbed into the chest of the child, or more precisely - into its upper part. Perform such massage procedures should be until the drug is completely absorbed. Next, the treated area is covered with a warm and dry piece of tissue.
Ointment "Pulmeks Baby"( to replace this tool with an analogue can only be recommended by a doctor) rarely contributes to the emergence of unwanted reactions. In some cases, this drug causes allergies( for example, rashes on the skin, dermatitis, angioedema, redness and itching at the site of application, nausea).
Pulmex Baby preparation:
analogues The ointment that we are considering can be replaced by one of the following preparations.
- "Mukaltin".It is an expectorant that is actively used in diseases of the respiratory tract, including the lungs( bronchitis, tracheitis, pneumonia, etc.).
- Doctor Mom. It is decongestant, bronchodilator( that is, enlarging the lumen of the bronchi), an anti-inflammatory and expectorant. It is prescribed for coughing, which is observed in acute respiratory diseases.
- "Fluidite".It is a drug for adults and children, prescribed for chronic and acute diseases of the respiratory tract, which are accompanied by the formation of a viscous, thick secretion and worsening sputum evacuation.
- «Alteika».This medication treats tracheitis, emphysema, bronchitis, pneumonia and bronchiectasis. In addition, it improves phlegm withdrawal and facilitates its coughing.
- Gedelix. It is an antispasmodic and expectorant. It is indicated for diseases of the respiratory tract, including bronchi, when there is a difficult separation of sputum.
What else can I replace with the drug "Pulmeks Baby"?Analogues( ointment is the only form of this remedy) of this medication can have completely different forms of release. The following medicines have the same mucolytic properties: eucalyptus balm, "Eucabal", "Boromentol", "Bom-Benge", "Kombigripp" and others.
Now you know what you can replace the drug "Pulmeks Baby".Analogues of this remedy were listed above.
According to consumers' reviews, this drug effectively treats diseases of the respiratory tract. After several applications of the ointment, the child noticeably decreases cough, and also displays a bacterial secret.
Also to the merits of this drug include its availability and the ability to replace with similar means.