The pressure is low, the pulse is high: what to do at home? What if the pressure is low and the pulse high during pregnancy?
Hypotension accompanied by arrhythmia can provoke various causes. Sometimes this condition is quite dangerous and requires immediate treatment to the doctors. And even if the reasons for such a phenomenon are less serious, the patient needs a thorough examination, on the basis of which the treatment will be developed. So, let's see why the pressure is low, the pulse is high? What to do in this situation?
Why is this condition dangerous?
Some people often face the fact that they have low blood pressure, high pulse. What to do with this pathology? Most patients do not even give such a state of due importance. This approach is completely wrong.
The heart, functioning rhythmically, will last a long time. Thus, the duration of human life depends entirely on how calmly this important body works. After all, only with its normal functioning is the economical flow of all important processes ensured.
If the heart begins to contract in an increased mode, then there is a violation of the supply of all organs with blood. As a result, oxygen starvation occurs. Most strongly, this condition affects the brain. This is why fainting occurs as a result of a heart failure.
In addition, irregular functioning leads to various chronic pathologies. The strongest pulsation in an acute form is capable of provoking a lightning-fast death in a heart attack.
VSD - a common cause of
In most cases, hypotension, accompanied by a rapid pulse, provokes vegetative vascular dystonia.
Patients suffering from this ailment periodically encounter crises that manifest themselves with the following symptoms:
- a sudden feeling of weakness;
- pallor of the skin and mucous membranes;
- decreased pressure and severe tachycardia.
If you know for sure that your condition is provoked by such a disease as VSD, then the treatment consists in observing fairly simple rules.
Remember, if you have low blood pressure, high heart rate, what to do at home:
- The most effective drugs that can normalize tachycardia are: motherwort infusions, valerians, Valocordin drops.
- Benefit will bring special breathing exercises.
In addition, it is important to revise your lifestyle. Adhere to the following recommendations:
- Go in for sports.
- Provide yourself a healthy diet.
- Your body needs a full rest( night sleep should be at least 8 hours).
- Refrain from drinking alcohol and forget about smoking.
- Every day, take a walk.
In most cases, such rules are sufficient to normalize the pressure and eliminate tachycardia.
Sometimes, quite serious reasons are the basis for the patient's low blood pressure, high pulse. What to do in this case, every person should know.
Unpleasant condition can provoke heavy bleeding, which results in hemorrhagic shock.
The main reasons for this phenomenon can be:
- Severe infection, which provoked intoxication of the body.
- Anaphylactic shock. As a result of an allergic reaction, the patient may begin to swell the larynx, which leads to strangulation.
- Getting serious injury. The man is in unbearable pain.
- Cardiogenic shock. The functioning of the heart stops, brain damage is observed. Death may come.
If you see a patient in a state of shock, you need to call a medical team as soon as possible. Only a qualified doctor can help the patient. While the team of doctors arrives, try to conveniently lay the patient and provide him with fresh air.
Women who are preparing to become a mother often face an unpleasant condition when the pressure is low, the pulse is high. What to do with pregnancy, only the doctor will be able to tell.
Most often, this phenomenon is associated with a reduced vascular tone and increased blood volume in the body. Since the condition is provoked by the physiological process, in most cases, medical treatment is not used. However, a woman must necessarily consult on this issue with her gynecologist.
Typically, therapy consists of the following recommendations:
- compliance with the day regimen;
- high-grade enhanced rest;
- proper nutrition;
- walks in the fresh air.
Sources of an unpleasant condition can become medications. Most often, such symptoms are provoked by the following medicines:
- Calcium channel blockers.
- Drugs prescribed for hypertension( in case of improperly selected dose or overdose).
- Diuretics. As a result of an abundant yield of fluid, a decrease in blood volume is observed.
- Antidepressant medications.
All these drugs are capable of provoking such symptoms, in which the pressure is low, the pulse is high. What should the patient do? It is necessary to consult a doctor. It is extremely important to inform the doctor about the drugs used. After all, in such situations, you need a correction of therapy or a dose of medication.
Other causes of
Sometimes an unpleasant condition can be provoked:
- by the strongest excitement, stress;
- excessive physical exertion( running, rapid lifting, lifting weights).
In addition, the basis of pathological tachycardia may be the body's response to the following factors:
- respiratory failure;
- alcohol intoxication;
- reception of narcotic substances;
- pathology of the heart( embolism, pericarditis).
So, what if, as a result of the load or experience, the pressure is low, the pulse is high? What to do at home?
It is recommended to take a motherwort or valerian tincture and rest for a while. It's best to lie on the bed and relax.
If you suspect more serious reasons, you must first go to the therapist to find out the diagnosis.
It is not enough to know what to do if the pressure is low and the pulse is high. It is important to be able to determine this state. And if the rapid heart rate is easy to diagnose, then it is rather difficult to diagnose a low pressure without a tonometer. An unpleasant condition will help to identify some of the symptoms.
Often the patient has the following clinic:
- The patient clearly senses the heartbeat. He can hear every blow.
- Acute pain occurs in the area of the heart.
- There is a strong dizziness, sometimes reaching a semi-fainting condition.
- Stomach resembles a hard lump.
- The patient experiences severe anxiety, incomprehensible fears.
So, if the patient's blood pressure is low, the pulse is high, what should I do? In case of an acute attack, you need to resort to the following measures:
- Initially, give the patient a lotion of Leonurus or valerian. A good result will be provided by the preparations "Valocordin", "Validol".
- Show the patient how he needs to breathe. In this situation it is recommended to take a deep breath, and then hold your breath. It is necessary as long as possible not to exhale. Such a simple gymnastics will quickly normalize the patient's condition.
- Ask a person to strain the muscles of the press hard. This procedure also contributes to recovery.
- Very useful for this phenomenon broth of dogrose. Benefit will bring honey and black currants.
Now you know if low blood pressure and high heart rate are observed, what to do. First aid will greatly facilitate the patient's condition. However, do not forget that such activities are not a cure. They can only help for a while.
Therefore, if you often encounter an unpleasant condition, be sure to visit a doctor. As a rule, you are examined not only by the therapist, but also by the cardiologist, and endocrinologist. And if necessary, refer to other specialists.