Plantain medium: description, application in folk medicine
Plantain medium - a perennial herbaceous plant. Distributed throughout Europe. It is widely used in folk medicine. What is the plantain middle? Description of the useful properties of plants read in this article.
Appearance and habitat
The plantain root of medium - rod. The stem is simple, without leaves, thin, in height can reach 15-70 cm. The leaves are shaped like an ellipse, sinewy, collected by a rosette rosette. The flowers are small, pale pink. They are collected at the top of the stem with a dense cylindrical spike. Fruit - a box. Blossom plantain medium between May and August.
The plant is widely distributed in Europe, on the territory of Russia and Ukraine is found everywhere. Plantain grows on the shore of lakes, rivers, forests, near roads.
Leaves of plantain contain glycoside aucubine, carbohydrates, enzymes, tannins, phenolic carboxylic acids, alkaloids and phytoncides. In addition, they are saturated with vitamins( C, B and K).All ground parts of the plant contain phenolic carboxylic acids and flavonoids. The composition of seeds of plantain includes fatty oils, saponins, oleic acids, tannic and proteinaceous substances and mucus. The roots are saturated with linoleic acid. Also, they contain cholesterol, campesterol, sitosterol and stigmasterol.
Collecting and harvesting
Plantain medium, the photo of which is presented in the article, is widely used for the treatment of various diseases. To produce medicines, leaves and seeds of the plant are used. Leaves harvested in the flowering period. Dry them in a well-ventilated room until the petioles become brittle. Also, the leaves of the plantain middle are used fresh in the preparation of juice. Seeds are harvested and harvested in autumn. Ready raw materials can be stored in a dry place in a glass container for 3 years.
Pharmacological properties of
Useful properties of plantain medium:
- is antiseptic;
- is bactericidal;
- wound healing;
- is a blood-cleansing;
- sleeping pills;
- strengthens the secretory function of the stomach;
- normalizes cholesterol metabolism;
- is an analgesic;
- has antiulcer effect.
Application in medicine
- Fresh leaves accelerate the process of wound healing, therefore they are applied to cuts, burns, abscesses and boils.
- Plantain juice is used to treat skin eruptions( acne, dermatitis).
- Dry, ground leaves are used as a powder for bleeding wounds.
- Psyllium ointment accelerates the process of treatment of pustular skin diseases.
- Broths and tinctures of plantain medium - an effective blood cleanser. They are used for hives, atherosclerosis, scurvy and fever.
- Plantain has a beneficial effect on the work of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract and urogenital system. Broths of plants are drunk with flatulence, diarrhea, gastritis, kidney disease, inflammation of the bladder.
- Juice and infusions of the plantain medium rinse the mouth with stomatitis, inflammation of the gums.
- Decoction of the plant dilutes sputum and accelerates the process of its excretion, therefore it is used in the treatment of diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
Take 1 tbsp.l.dried leaves of plantain, pour them 200 ml of boiling water and leave for 2 hours. This infusion is used for kidney disease and urinary incontinence. It can also be used to treat cracks in the skin and calluses.
Decoction of plantain
2 tbsp.l.dry leaves of plantain medium pour 200 ml of boiling water and cook in a water bath for half an hour. Take the medicine before meals 3 times a day for 50 g. This decoction is used as an expectorant for coughing, bronchitis, flu, colds. External medicine can be used in the form of compresses for inflammation of the eyelids. In addition, the decoction of the plantain is drunk with cancer during chemotherapy to protect healthy organs from harmful radiation.
Grind fresh plant leaves, mix them with honey in a 1: 1 ratio and leave in a cool place for 10 days. After this, drain the formed syrup. The remedy is used for catarrhal diseases to strengthen immunity.
Application in cosmetology
Plantain medium application finds not only in folk medicine, but also in cosmetology. The plant has anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and toning effect, therefore it is used for the care of the skin of the face, hands and body. Tincture of plantain is included in many cosmetic products( creams, lotions, tonics, etc.).It is important to note that this plant is suitable for all skin types. Plantain quickly removes inflammation, clears from acne and rash. Juice from the plant is used to cleanse dry skin. He perfectly moisturizes and nourishes it. For sensitive skin apply masks based on plantain. They carefully cleanse, nourish and tone. Girls whose skin is prone to fat, it is recommended to wipe the face with ice from the plantain tincture. In addition, the decoction of the plant is used to moisturize and nourish dry hair.
Plantain medium: contraindications
- Individual plantain intolerance.
- The use of tinctures and decoctions of the plant inside is contraindicated in people with high acidity of the stomach.
- Preparations, which include medium plantain, should not be taken to people with poor blood coagulability.
- Drugs based on this plant are contraindicated in patients who have an increased tendency to form blood clots.