Oxycourt Ointment: instructions, analogues and reviews
Oxycort Ointment is a combined medicinal product that is intended for external use. This agent includes several active components: glucocorticosteroid hydrocortisone and antibiotic oxytetracycline. The name of the drug is formed from the parts of the names of substances that make up its composition.
Forms of release
This drug is usually used to treat skin bacterial infections that are burdened with an allergic component. The product is produced in several forms, which are used exclusively externally:
- "Oxycort" ointment. The instruction says that the drug in this form contains 10 milligrams of hydrocortisone and 30 milligrams of oxytetracycline. A drug is produced in a tube made of metal.
- Aerosol in cans, the volume of which is 55 milliliters. You can buy the drug in any pharmacy. The composition of the aerosol includes 100 milligrams of hydrocortisone and 300 milligrams of oxytetracycline.
It is worth noting that the ointment "Oxicort" and spray are produced in Polish enterprises. In this case, the plants are completely different."Oksikort" ointment is produced by the company "Elfa", and aerosol - Tarkhominsky pharmaceutical enterprise "Polfa".
How Oxycort is used
To understand how this drug works, it is worthwhile to carefully consider each of its components.
In the first place is an antibiotic - oxytetracycline. This component perfectly fights with pathogenic microorganisms, which are the main cause of the development of bacterial infections. The substance of this substance is distributed listeria, clostridia, streptococci and staphylococci. These are Gram-positive bacteria. Also, the antibiotic copes with gram-negative microorganisms, including Neisseria, Salmonella, Shigella, Escherichia coli. Of course, the substance is able to overcome other bacteria, for example, mycoplasma, rickettsia and chlamydia.
The second active component is hydrocortisone. This substance has an anti-inflammatory effect. This allows you to eliminate some of the symptoms of ailment. In this case, the component is able to remove puffiness, which often accompanies various kinds of inflammatory processes. Thanks to this substance Ointment "Oxicort" has an antiallergic effect. It should be noted that hydrocortisone allows to stabilize the state of membranes in cells. The reviews indicate that the substance does not allow lymphocytes and white blood cells to reach the site where the inflammatory process began, and also prevents the release of inflammatory mediators into the intercellular space. As a result, the response of human immunity to the invasion of various pathogenic microorganisms is less pronounced.
When to apply "Oxycort"( ointment)
The instruction to the preparation indicates that it can be used in the development of some infectious diseases that are localized in the layers of skin. Such ailments are often caused by microorganisms that are sensitive to the antibiotic that is part of the ointment. Usually these are streptococcal and staphylococcal infections. Against the background of such diseases, an allergic reaction may occur. The reviews show that the drug is effective enough for:
- Pyoderma - purulent skin infections that occur as a result of streptococcal and staphylococcal activity. It is worth noting that the ointment copes well with one of the varieties of such a disease - impetigo.
- Bullous dermatitis in newborns. In this disease on the baby's skin, blisters are formed that have an erythematous fringe. This phenomenon often occurs with intense local skin friction.
- Exfoliative dermatitis in newborn infants. This disease is a skin infection, which is very difficult. There is a malaise due to the activity of staphylococci. Such a disease most often affects weakened newborns.
- Cautions in children with a history of infection.
- Folliculitis. This disease is an inflammation of the hair bulbs caused by staphylococci.
- Carbunculosis and furunculosis.
- Psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema.
- First and second degree burns.
- Insect bites.
- Frostbite and varicose veins.
"Oxycourt"( ointment): instruction manual
Reviews show that not everyone knows how to properly use this drug. According to the instructions, the composition should be applied only to the affected area of the skin with a thin layer. It is necessary to conduct the procedure up to three times a day. Oksikort ointment, reviews of which are mostly positive, copes well with many diseases. After applying the composition to the affected area, you can apply a neat gauze bandage.
As the reviews show, the course of treatment is from one to two weeks. It depends on the general condition of the patient and the area of the affected area. With regard to children less than six years of age, treatment with this drug should last no longer than one week.
Are there any contraindications?
Like any medicine, ointment "Oxycourt", the use of which allows you to overcome many skin diseases, has contraindications. In some cases this drug is not recommended. Information on contraindications was collected in the process of postmarketing and clinical trials."Oxycort" ointment and spray can not be used with:
- Individual intolerance to one of the components of the preparation is available.
- Non-bacterial viral infections of the skin.
- Fungal lesions of the skin - dermatomycosis.
- Presence of threat of development of skin cancer.
Some limitations of
During pregnancy and lactation, the drug can only be used to treat individual skin areas. However, experts recommend to abandon the ointment. With great care, "Oxycourt" should be used to treat certain skin diseases in children under two years of age.
Analogues of the preparation
"Oxycourt" - ointment combined. These drugs have very few analogues."Oxicort" is no exception. Among other medicines, only one has an identical composition. This is a drug called Gyioxysone. This tool acts in the same way as the ointment "Oxycourt".This drug is produced by many manufacturers.
Also to the analogues of ointment "Oxycorte" can be attributed a few more formulations that contain not only a glucocorticoid, but an antibiotic. Among such preparations: