Tonsillitis chronic - what is it? Symptoms and treatment. How to cure chronic tonsillitis forever?
Almost everyone faced such a problem as sore throat during a cold disease. Tonsils increase, become swollen and red - this is quite normal in this state, but there are cases when their inflammation develops against a background of complete health. In this case, doctors diagnose "tonsillitis chronic."What is this disease?try to understand our article. Some underestimate the seriousness of the problem, but in vain.
The essence of the disease
Everyone in the throat has tonsils that can be affected by the inflammatory process. If the inflammation is almost constant, then they say that there is chronic tonsillitis. ICD 10 includes it, as well as the acute form of the disease, into independent nosological forms that have their own code:
- Code J03.
Assigning diseases to their codes makes it easier to keep statistics and dispensary records of patients.
The development of chronic inflammation occurs under the influence of many forms of microorganisms, which in a healthy person are almost always present. But a number of factors provoke their mass reproduction, which leads to an exacerbation of the disease.
In the throat, a person has a lymph glotoklotochnoe ring, which includes 7 tonsils, but it is the palatines most often become inflamed.
Tonsils belong to the lymphoid organ, which actively provides immunobiological protection of the body. Periodic inflammatory processes lead to the formation of immunity, especially this function is expressed in babies.
Quite often a companion of colds is sore throat, in which case it is said that there is acute tonsillitis. Chronic tonsillitis proceeds slightly softer, does not have such pronounced symptoms, but most often develops through the fault of poorly treated angina.
A mild manifestation of symptoms is not an excuse to delay treatment. Chronic tonsillitis and pharyngitis( an inflammatory process on the pharyngeal mucosa) can lead to serious complications, which will be discussed further.
Why is the disease developing?
Doctors otolaryngologists often argue that almost all the population has chronic tonsillitis. In a sense, one can agree with this, because on tonsils each person has a huge quantity of bacteria, but if the body is completely healthy, then it does not allow to reproduce pathogenic microorganisms, quickly suppresses their growth, but in the presence of an inflammatory process or weakened immunitydoes not work.
Disease of chronic tonsillitis is not formed immediately, it all starts from the acute phase, it can go on into chronic for the following reasons:
- Poorly treated tonsillitis is one of the main causes of the development of chronic tonsillitis. Most of us, as soon as the sore throat subsides, the temperature recedes, stop drinking medicines, antibiotics, and this is a big mistake. Chronic tonsillitis and pharyngitis recede, but they do not give up their positions completely, so they will soon return again.
- Constant pharyngitis, to which many simply do not pay attention and believe that no special treatment is required, will necessarily lead to the development of a chronic form of the disease.
- Non-compliance with oral hygiene and disgusting teeth will necessarily lead to the development of chronic tonsillitis. The constant presence of pathogenic microflora in the oral cavity leads to this.
- Chronic form of rhinitis or periodically exacerbated allergic rhinitis may result in tonsillitis.
- Prolonged disruption of nasal breathing can lead to the development of tonsillitis chronic. That it is connected, for example, with adenoids, many also do not guess. Twisted nasal septum, polyps also can cause that.
As can be seen from the above, quite a lot of reasons can provoke the development of the disease, which must necessarily be treated.
To answer the question of how to cure chronic tonsillitis once and for all, it is necessary to understand that it can manifest itself in different ways. Doctors mark two variants of the development of events:
- Tonsillitis after treatment is a little quiet and it seems that you managed to get rid of it, but it's only necessary to get a little cold or to soak your feet, as it is here.
- In the second variant, the inflammatory process does not stop, it can subside, the patient even feels quite tolerable, goes to work, but the doctor notes that everything is not all right.
Both options require medical intervention to find effective measures to combat this ailment.
In medical circles, two forms of chronic tonsillitis are distinguished:
- Compensated. It is manifested by a slight inflammation of the tonsils, a sore throat, the general condition of the patient is normal. Doctors say in such cases that the tonsils compensate for the inflammation and generally cope with their function.
- Decompensated form of chronic tonsillitis usually manifests itself not only with pain in the throat, angina develops, other organs are involved in the process.
Any form of tonsillitis can lead to infection of the whole body, so do not delay with a visit to the ENT doctor.
Symptomatic of chronic tonsillitis
If there is chronic tonsillitis, then such patients can often complain of an unreasonable sore throat that occurs not only when swallowing, but also during yawning. Painful sensations can appear after eating an ice cream or a cold drink, which is not uncommon in the summer, it turns out that the person himself provokes an exacerbation of tonsillitis.
If chronic tonsillitis occurs, the following symptoms usually appear:
- Frequent throat swelling and swallowing pain.
- There is a feeling that there is a foreign object in the throat.
- The temperature in chronic tonsillitis usually rises nearer to the evening.
- The patient feels fast fatigue.
- Drowsiness occurs.
- Frequent bouts of irritability.
- Appears shortness of breath, heart rhythm may break.
- Appears white coating on tonsils and purulent plugs.
When all these signs appear, patients try to get rid of them as soon as possible, but it is more important to find out the cause that triggered the inflammatory process. This can only be done by a competent specialist who recognizes chronic tonsillitis. How to permanently and without complications get rid of this disease - the question that is asked to ask the doctor
To put the correct diagnosis in the presence of chronic tonsillitis is not easy. The doctor first examines the patient and listens to his complaints. The patient's anamnesis is also studied. Next, the doctor palpates the lymph nodes and examines the tonsils.
This is not the end of the diagnosis, since the symptoms can resemble other diseases. Therefore, the doctor will take for analysis the allocation of lacunae. If the purulent discharge has an unpleasant odor and mucous structure, then, most likely, the patient has tonsillitis chronic. What is it is this disease, you can conclude on the basis of a whole complex of symptoms and symptoms.
To clarify the diagnosis, the doctor will pay attention to the general condition of the patient's body and the available deviations from the norm. If there is a chronic form of tonsillitis, the edges of the palatine arches will be thickened, cicatricial adhesions between the amygdala and the arch are seen. The tonsils themselves have a loosened appearance, in the lacunae are purulent plugs or secretions.
Additional blood tests for antibodies to streptococcus may be required. Only after the diagnosis of "chronic tonsillitis" is confirmed, the doctor can prescribe the necessary treatment.
Therapy of chronic tonsillitis
To get rid of the chronic form of the disease you will have to try hard. Doctors usually recommend a comprehensive treatment, only so you can achieve to ease your tonsillitis chronic symptoms:
- Treatment( photo shows it) local is appointed one of the first. To do this, rinse with medicinal solutions and herbal infusions.
- Washing of lacunae of tonsils. During this procedure, the purulent plugs are washed away. For its carrying out use antibacterial and disinfectant solutions, for example, "Furatsilin", "Miramistin", "Chlorhexidine".
- Antibiotic therapy, which consists in the administration of antibiotics, which are selected taking into account the sensitivity of microflora.
- Removal of tonsils.
The greatest effect is provided only by complex therapy, which is desirable to be carried out twice a year.
Physiotherapy is most effective in the remission period of the disease. The best results are shown by the following methods:
- Laser therapy. Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect on tonsils this method gives excellent results.
- Application of short-wave UV radiation for the throat and oral cavity.
- Ultrasound, which can not only affect the source of infection, destroying the structure of the curd, but also irrigate the tonsils with antibacterial solutions.
- Inhalation with moist steam, but it must be remembered that at high temperatures this procedure is contraindicated. To conduct inhalation, you can use infusions of herbs.
- Phonophoresis of vitamins also gives a good effect.
The combination of physiotherapy with drugs and local therapy gives good results. In another way to get rid of this insidious disease forever will not work.
Sometimes, when asked about how to cure chronic tonsillitis forever, some doctors recommend tonsillectomy, that is, removal of tonsils. But it is worth remembering that one should not rush to get rid of them, this can lead to even more serious consequences. Although there are situations where the removal of tonsils is necessary, usually the indication for the operation is:
- If the disease worsens to 4-5 times a year.
- If the inflammatory process spreads to neighboring tissues.
- There is a danger of infection of blood.
- There are signs of damage to the kidneys or heart muscle.
As a result of surgery, tonsils can be removed completely or only partially, when the doctor dissects the overgrown tissues.
It should be remembered that there are contraindications for tonsillectomy, to which one can include:
- Tuberculosis in the open form.
- Heart defects.
- Jade and some other pathologies.
If the operation is necessary, but there are serious contraindications to its conduct, the patient is recommended a cryogenic method of therapy.
Features of chronic tonsillitis in children
If chronic tonsillitis in a child is detected, treatment should be started immediately. Given the characteristics of the child's body, therapy should be selected carefully, especially for antibacterial drugs.
Conservative treatment of tonsillitis in toddlers should begin with observance of the correct regime of the day and diet. An important factor is the carrying out of hardening procedures.
Parents should, if possible, eliminate all factors that could trigger an exacerbation of the disease. The use of local remedies gives a good effect if done in a timely and regular manner.
Tonsils can be lubricated with "Lugol", and also use colloidal silver. During therapy, doctors often prescribe antiallergic drugs, since an unexpected reaction of the body is possible. Especially it concerns antibiotics, which children should be prescribed carefully.
Physiotherapeutic procedures in children also give good results( laser therapy, electrophoresis, magnetotherapy).
In chronic form of tonsillitis in children, pediatricians often prescribe bacteriophages, therapy with their use is quite effective. But it must be borne in mind that in the acute form of the disease it is better to give preference to antibiotics.
Given that the treatment of tonsillitis is a long process, you can think of therapy with homeopathic medicines. Many parents leave good reviews about the Vokar facility. It should be taken 1 drop per year of life of the child, pre-diluted in water. Multiplicity of admission up to 8 times a day with exacerbation, during remission enough three times.
In the treatment of chronic tonsillitis in children, as well as in adults, it is important to remember that only an integrated approach to therapy can produce the desired effect.
Tonsillitis in pregnant women
It is desirable to treat all existing diseases before pregnancy, but if there are chronic pathologies that make themselves felt in an interesting situation, then therapy should not be postponed. Chronic tonsillitis during pregnancy requires treatment, but only under the strict supervision of a doctor.
Given the interesting position of a woman, a doctor can prescribe such procedures as:
- Treatment of tonsils with antiseptic compounds.
- In the specialist's office, a woman is washed with throat and tonsils with special medicines.
- At home, it is recommended to rinse your throat with infusions of medicinal herbs.
- Sprays and tablets for absorption are prescribed.
A pregnant woman is not allowed to take many medications, so it is very important to observe the regime of the day, proper nutrition, more vitamin preparations. If during pregnancy there is an exacerbation of the disease, it is recommended:
- Often gargle with a solution of salt, soda and a few drops of iodine.
- Do inhalations with medicinal herbs, for example, with sage.
- A warm drink with honey and lemon is recommended.
- For rubbing the tonsils, you can use "Chlorfillipt" or a tincture of propolis.
- You can take the "Paracetamol" pill at an elevated temperature.
During pregnancy, the most important thing when dealing with chronic tonsillitis is not to harm the baby, therefore all means should be selected only by the attending physician.
If it is not very serious about this pathology, tonsillitis can provoke even congenital malformations in the baby, and in serious cases pregnancy fading and miscarriages.
Traditional medicine for the treatment of chronic tonsillitis
If there is chronic tonsillitis, treatment with folk methods gives good results in combination with drug therapy. It should be noted that treatment should be carried out long and regularly. Folk healers are advised to use the following recipes for rinsing:
- Insist 2 tbsp.l.dry yarrow in 200 ml of boiling water. Infusion to use in warm form several times a day.
- Dissolve 3-4 drops of basil oil in a glass of boiled water and rinse with a throat.
- Prepare a mixture of 1 tbsp.spoons of lime flowers, 2 spoons of oak bark, 3 spoons of chamomile, and pour it all with a liter of boiling water. After cooling, add a teaspoon of honey. Rinse three times a day after meals.
You can suggest recipes for lubricating the tonsils:
- Mix aloe and honey juice in equal proportions and lubricate every day for two weeks of tonsils, at 3 and 4 weeks, you can carry out the procedure every other day.
- For processing tonsils, you can use fir oil up to 5 times for 3 days, and you can also drop 1 drop into the nose.
- Kids are perfect for lubricating tonsils mixture of 1 part radish juice and 3 parts honey. Simultaneously, you can take inward broth chamomile, mint, marigold for general strengthening of immunity.
There are a lot of folk recipes to ease the condition during exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis, but we must remember that therapy is usually lengthy.
Complications of chronic tonsillitis
If tonsillitis itself is an unpleasant disease, but generally not dangerous, then in the absence of therapy it can produce quite serious undesirable consequences. Chronic tonsillitis complications is caused by the following:
- Frequent sore throats become a constant companion of a person.
- This disease has a negative effect on the cardiovascular system.
- Gets out the digestive system, too, as the intestinal microflora suffers, the mucous membrane is in an inflamed condition.
- Development of pyelonephritis and other pathologies of the kidneys is not uncommon.
- Asthma attacks may develop.
- With chronic tonsillitis joints begin to suffer, development of rheumatism, arthritis is just around the corner.
- The cause of this ailment is depression.
From all that has been said, it is important to remember that a sufficiently serious diagnosis is "tonsillitis chronic".That this disease necessarily needs timely therapy should not cause any doubt.
Prevent development of the disease can be preventive measures. Among them are the following:
- Healthy lifestyle.
- Physical Exercise in Moderate Quantities.
- Hardening procedures.
- Admission of funds that strengthen the immune system, for example, drugs "Immunal", "Imudon" and others.
If you do not allow chronic tonsillitis to worsen, complications will not be terrible.
The result of all this can be summed up as follows: any disease needs timely treatment. Even a seemingly innocuous disease can lead to serious consequences that will require longer-term therapy. Take care of your health and treat it with a sense of responsibility.