Stool analysis( coprogram) is one of the most reliable ways to detect abnormalities of the functions of the digestive system. With the help of it, many diseases of the intestine, stomach, gallbladder, liver and pancreas are diagnosed.
In order for the total stool analysis to show the correct results, the patient must adhere to some of the delivery rules:
- Approximately one week before the test, all medications that somehow affect the gastrointestinal tract must be discarded.
- If the day before the studies of the intestine and stomach with the help of an X-ray were performed or an enema was made, then the feces should be postponed for 2 days.
- It is not recommended to conduct an analysis in women during menstruation.
- 5 days before delivery, it is necessary to adhere to diets, including dairy products, fruits, eggs, mashed potatoes and refuse products that can cause fermentation in the intestines, beets, fish, meat and alcohol.
- Before collecting the assay, it is necessary to thoroughly wash the genitals and the anus area with a soap solution. Then rinse with boiled water.
- Handing in the analysis of feces( any kind), you can not resort to laxatives or enemas - defecation should be independent.
- Defecation should be performed in a clean and dry container.
- Collecting feces is recommended in the morning of the day when the analysis is assigned. If this is not possible, then yesterday's feces are allowed( but not for all types of analysis), which is not more than 8 hours. At the same time, you need to store it in the refrigerator.
- Cal is recommended to be collected in a special sterile container, and without any urine.
- The amount of stool should be at least 10 grams( about a teaspoon).
- On the container, specify your data, date of birth and time of collection of the analysis.
- It is advisable to deliver the analysis to the laboratory no later than 3 hours after its collection.
Types of analysis of stool .
Analysis for the dysbacteriosis is conducted for the study of intestinal microflora. It shows the ratio of pathogenic, conditionally pathogenic( staphylococci, enterobacteria) microorganisms and "useful".This analysis is prescribed when unstable stools appear, flatulence, intestinal infections, to determine the degree of intestinal biocenosis.
Fecal analysis for enterobiasis is performed to exclude or confirm the presence of pinworm eggs, the first sign of which is intestinal upset and itching near the anus. Often, this analysis is taken to obtain a medical book, during hospitalization, when going to the pool, kindergarten, etc.
Analysis of feces for the egg-test reveals the presence of helminths, which cause a number of diseases called helminthiases. As a rule, in humans, these diseases cause flat and round worms. Assign also for obtaining a medical book, for hospitalization etc.
Analysis for latent blood shows the so-called "hidden" blood, which is visible only under the microscope. It is carried out with suspicion of internal bleeding of the digestive tract.
Finally, the carbohydrate analysis of is performed in children up to a year. Thanks to him, the presence of lactase deficiency( intolerance of milk protein) is revealed, the symptoms of which are: increased gas formation in the intestine of the child, frequent regurgitation, anxiety during breastfeeding, bloating.