Problems with gums: underlying diseases and treatment
A sparkling smile, snow-white teeth attract attention with their beauty. A healthy oral cavity indicates the general health of the body. And the shamans of ancient Sumeria believed that only holders of strong teeth can communicate with spiritual deities.
Problems with gums
The cause of the negative phenomenon will help identify an experienced dentist. He will explain that the diseases of the mouth can be caused by a number of factors:
- Wrong withdrawal. Poor brushing of teeth, occasional use of rinsers and dental floss, inability to handle a toothbrush lead to contamination of the enamel.
- Error in selecting dentifrices. Remember that the paste must contain the necessary components for strengthening and do not contain substances aggressive for the enamel. The bristles of the toothbrush are selected in accordance with the type of care required for the gums and the density of the teeth.
- Germs that enter the body with food.
- Frequent drinking of coffee.
- Weakened immunity provokes the development of diseases of the mouth.
- Unbalanced power supply. Lack of vitamins.
- Taking medication with a side effect of this direction.
Periodontitis and periodontal disease
Such problems with gums as periodontitis and periodontitis are the most common. In addition, they are also very dangerous for humans. The tissue at the base of the tooth is called "periodontium", from which the name of these diseases occurs. In the early stages, their symptoms may be similar. And sometimes it does not manifest at all, because of this, 80% of the population are running the disease. It, by the way, leads to the lowering of the gums, the bare necks and the displacement of teeth. Everything can end with their loss. Parodontitis is accompanied by painful manifestations, purulent deposits at the tooth's neck. It flows like a strong inflammatory process.
At first, an inconspicuous problem with the gums - periodontal disease. In this disease, the patient may not have any complaints. A mild sensation of itching, a periodic sensitivity to hot and cold do not contribute to the appeal to the dentist. But if you do not start treatment on time, the consequences can be too deplorable. Periodontal disease leads to tooth loss.
But that's not all problems with the gums. Do not forget about stomatitis. It arises from the soil entering the mouth of microorganisms, which the immune system perceives as malignant. There is a malaise in the form of abscesses on the oral mucosa, gums. In chronic stages leads to inflammation of the gum tissue, purulent formations. Symptoms disappear within a week without the use of medication. With frequent remissions, you should consult your doctor. The manifestation of stomatitis can cause violations of internal organs, the presence of herpes infection or allergic processes.
A vivid symptom of gingivitis is bleeding gums. At the beginning of the illness, it may not be noticeable in the morning toilet. Only when eating, you can find a slight taste of blood. Problems with the gums appear with an increase in their sensitivity, they become loose. Gingivitis can be caused by disorders of the endocrine system. Often it is accompanied by inflammation of the lymph nodes under the lower jaw or middle ear. Less common cause may be post-traumatic syndrome or medication. Microorganisms lay their life activity on the covers of the oral cavity and accelerate the inflammatory process. There is an unpleasant smell from the mouth, the gum goes down, plaque and stones are formed. The condition of a person is aggravated. The gums become hypersensitive.
Caries and pulpitis in advanced stages destroy the tooth so much that the purulent discharge inflates the gum. Another cause of edema may be a poorly sealed canal into which the infection penetrates with blockage and provokes a sharp abscess. Disturbances due to periodontitis also lead to poor fastening of the tooth to the gum, opening the way to the purulent flux.
Problems with gums: treatment with
The algorithm for treating any dental and gum disease begins with the diagnosis and clinical examination. A detailed anamnesis reveals to the doctor the essence of the disease, identifies the causes and affects the choice of methods for correcting the problem. Examinations that must be carried out: X-rays of the root canals for the detection of holes in the dental bone, blown through the air - it will help to find the damaged areas and indicate the sensitivity of the tooth enamel, examination of a specialist.
For the treatment of most gum diseases, it is necessary to eliminate the cause, which lies in the infection. This happens with the help of medicines and the selection of antiseptic dentifrices. In advanced cases, physiotherapy is required to restore soft gum tissue. With such diseases as flux, the only option is removal of the tooth, which caused the disease. After that, the gum is cut, cleaned of pus, and then filled with a medical product with a restoring effect. To prevent re-opening of the channel, the place is sealed with a seal.
Folk remedies for the prevention of gum disease
Do you have a problem with the gums? What to do? Of course, go to an experienced specialist! But you should remember that gum treatment at home is impossible. After all, the wrong approach will lead not only to complications of the situation, but also to tooth loss. Only prevention is possible. And only a doctor can determine the problems with the gums and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
It is generally accepted that any herbs relieve gingivitis and eliminate pain. But dentists say that infusions of oak bark are bad for the structure of the dental bone, forming microcracks. Simultaneously, quickly relieve the pain and swelling of the gums solution of salt with soda. The first component has antiseptic abilities and fights infections.
Infusions of chamomile, sage, St. John's wort also help get rid of harmful bacteria in the mouth without damaging the tooth. It is necessary to take 3 tbsp.spoon each component, mix and pour hot water. Bring to a boil on a steam bath, let it brew for 40 minutes. Strain, rinse twice a day. A propolis and tar can be rubbed directly into the gum or added to the infusion for rinsing. Also for the rinse you can apply: kefir( its bifidobacteria will help in the fight against harmful microbes), carrot juice( acts as a strengthening agent for the gums), aloe juice diluted with water.
Causes of gum disease in pregnancy
Can gum problems occur during pregnancy? Yes, and it happens very often. Pregnancy is a time for change. Any mother tries to protect her body from harmful external influences. The immune system is weakened. The body, working with a double load, can not fight the inflammatory processes in the mouth. The reasons for which the gum suffer during pregnancy are:
- The lack of vitamins, trace elements.
- Excessive hormonal activity. It leads to a change in pH balance and acidity throughout the body.
- Emotional susceptibility. Stressful situations make all organs vulnerable.
- Eating large amounts of food from the same direction( sweets, pickles, flour products).
- Ineffective care. During the course of pregnancy, women become excessively cautious. Some, having seen the blood on the brush, begin to brush their teeth more carefully, without washing all the remains of food and microbes. Or completely cancel one of the procedures for cleaning the dental bone.
Treatment and prevention of gum disease in pregnancy
Treatment of gum disease during pregnancy is necessary. The medical worker will easily detect violations during the planned inspection and will prescribe the necessary measures. Removing a stone with equipment that does not harm pregnant women, and the use of various antiseptics will help keep the teeth until they can be treated. To prevent gum disease, you need to eat fresh fruits and vegetables of hard varieties( carrots, apples).This contributes not only to the receipt of vitamins, but also produces therapeutic massage of the dermal tooth areas.
Oral diseases of the mouth
The tiny organism of the child in the process of its formation undergoes a number of painful changes. One of the biggest tests for the whole family is teething. The gums become swollen, vulnerable. In addition, babies can suffer from periodontitis, gingivitis, pediatric stomatitis. Diseases are manifested in the same way as in the adult population.
The causes of the appearance of violations can be:
- Hereditary factors.
- Problems with the endocrine system.
- Disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Immune diseases.
- The lack of vitamins necessary for a growing body.
- Physiological malocclusion is one of the causes of gum problems. It should be observed by a specialist.
- Babies often taste the whole world, so unwanted germs enter the mouth.
A signal about the multiplication of bacteria in the mouth becomes the color of the dental bone, bad breath and complaints about the itching of the gums. To prevent problems with gums in children, the following prevention is necessary:
- Compliance with all the rules for cleaning teeth. Children do not scrub their brushes very carefully during the morning toilet. Parents need to be taught to clean all areas of the teeth by directing the bristles down from the base of the gums.
- Preventing the ingress of germs from toys or other objects that can get into your mouth.
- Use of special "chewing" rattles with massage elements during teething. They improve blood circulation in the gums and relieve pain.
- Control of the amount of sweets eaten.
- Check food temperature. Cold or hot food negatively affects the delicate gum tissue.
- Safety precautions to prevent personal injury.
Hygiene products for oral care
Very unpleasant and fraught with the consequences of various problems with the gums( photos of diseases can be seen in any medical guide).To avoid them, remember that you should brush your teeth and rinse your mouth at least twice a day. If possible, it is recommended to do after each meal, as the caries most actively affects the enamel within the first 20 minutes after eating.
Complex care will provide a brush, silk thread for cleaning the gaps between teeth, a toothpick medical. Rinser fights with an unpleasant smell, which is caused by bacteria and products of their vital functions. It will help get rid of unwanted pests in the most inaccessible places.