Fluid in the ear: causes, symptoms, and treatment characteristics
Fluid in the ear is, as a rule, a consequence of diseases or inflammatory processes. Such diseases as influenza, colds, can provoke problems with the organs of hearing. After such ailments, the appearance of fluid in the ear is not ruled out. Often, inflammation of the middle ear is most common.
Water in the ear: why the
appears The simplest reason is the water ingress into the auricle. It causes unpleasant sensations, such as noise in the ear, stuffiness. This happens during bathing, showering, swimming. As you know, the water contains a large number of bacteria.
Therefore, if the fluid is not removed in a timely manner, inflammation of the ear can occur, which is accompanied by itching, hearing loss. The auricle may also be inflamed. Otorhinolaryngologists call this disease "swimmer's ear."
Ways to remove water from the ear
Now consider the methods of removing the liquid:
- Tilt your head in the direction of the ear where the water hit. Then the palm needs to be closed with the auricle. Then it should be pressed and let go. So the water will come out.
- Lie on your side for a few minutes to drain fluid from the ear.
- If simple measures do not help, drip a few drops of boric alcohol into your ear. It promotes the rapid evaporation of water. Lie on your side for 5 minutes with the affected ear to the top.
- The earwax can swell from ingress of water. In this case, use a warm water bottle. Under the influence of heat, the water will evaporate.
- The air stopper prevents the liquid from escaping from the ear. Therefore it is necessary to drip ordinary water into it. After that, you should wait two or three minutes. Then, tilting your head to one side, wait until the water pushes the air plug out. Then the liquid will flow out of the ear.
- Method of removing water for small children. A cotton swab should be inserted gently into your ear for a few seconds. Then the water will be absorbed into the cotton wool.
Catarrhal otitis: how does it manifest
symptoms If fluid is secreted from the ear, what should I look for? Sometimes, otitis can occur without any painful sensation. One of the symptoms of the disease may be the appearance of fluid in the ear. It is important to pay attention to color, smell and how much liquid is released. By these signs it is possible to understand, this catarrhal inflammation or a purulent otitis.
For catarrhal inflammation, a clear liquid flows from the ear. The reason for this may be:
- untreated respiratory diseases;
- has throat diseases such as tonsillitis;
- water caught in the ear;
- ear damage with sharp objects;
- viral infections;
- running cold or cough;
- a general decrease in immunity.
If a clear liquid flows from the ear, a gurgling sensation and noise may also occur. In addition, the ears are not blocked. If you do not start treatment in time, then this disease can go to the stage of chronic or purulent. Then more serious therapy will be needed.
Purulent otitis: as manifested, symptoms
With purulent otitis, a yellow liquid flows from the ear, there is little discharge, but they have an unpleasant smell.
Other symptoms that occur with this disease:
- acute sharp pain in the ears, pain can be felt in the eyes, teeth;
- hearing loss;
- dizziness, headache;
- general weakness in the body;
- feeling of stuffiness in the ears.
Only the doctor can diagnose the diagnosis correctly. At the first manifestations of symptoms it is necessary to consult an otorhinolaryngologist. Here you can not do without putting the tests and careful examination of the auricle. Depending on the disease, treatment can be different. So, if the purulent otitis is diagnosed, in no case can the warm ear be heated. Also, some medicines are contraindicated. With catarrh of the ear can be treated with folk remedies, but, again, after a medical examination.
Otitis: what can not be done
Isolation of clear liquid from the ear, not accompanied by pain, indicates the presence of inflammation.
In this case, it is impossible:
- to warm up a sick ear or put warming compresses, if a purulent process has begun, it is dangerous;
- instill oil or oil mixtures, if the tympanic membrane is damaged, the oil will be inside;
- use camphor alcohol, as it can get burns of the ear canal, and this will complicate the course of the disease;
- insert into the ear foreign objects for the purpose of treatment( candles, leaves of medicinal plants), since this can only worsen the condition.
What can I do with otitis at home
Ear heating is possible only at the initial stage of the disease. You can do a half-alcohol warming compress for one or two hours once a day.
Home remedies for otitis media:
- To reduce pain, lavender oil will help. You need to make a tampon of gauze. Then it should be soaked with oil, carefully inserted into the auricle.
- You can instill the pharmacy tincture of walnuts, calendula.
- It is also allowed to bury and take two tablespoons of inward broth bay leaves three times a day. How to cook it? It is necessary to brew five laurel leaves in a glass of boiling water, let it brew.
- An effective antimicrobial is garlic oil. In two tablespoons of vegetable oil, boil two cloves of garlic, insist for eight hours. Bury three times a day.
- Quilted turunda, moistened in juniper tincture, reduces inflammation.
Medication for otitis media includes the use of antibiotics, antipyretic and analgesics. Also used are drops that eliminate inflammation, antibacterial ointments.
Remember that you need to treat both ears. Infection, located in one, can spread to the second.
Purulent otitis media: drugs for the treatment of
Pus and yellow fluid from the ear indicate purulent otitis. Lack of appropriate treatment can lead to hearing loss. The following consequences are also possible: inflammation of the temporal bone, meningitis. In some particularly severe cases, purulent otitis leads to death.
Depending on how much the inflammatory process has developed, the doctor prescribes treatment. Therapy includes:
- antibiotics - used either orally, or in the form of drops;
- medications, analgesics and lowering temperature;
- hormonal drugs that reduce swelling, contribute to the outflow of fluid from the ear.
After the acute course of the disease is stopped, physiotherapeutic procedures are prescribed. The most effective:
- electrophoresis sessions;
- UHF( ultrahigh-frequency therapy).
It is the combined treatment( medication and physiotherapy) that guarantees full recovery. It is important to remember that untreated purulent otitis can provoke a relapse by switching to a chronic disease.
Traditional recipes with mummies for the treatment of purulent otitis
Along with the use of medicines, ointments and solutions based on mummies are used. Some of them we now consider.
- In a 1:10 ratio, combine the mummy with the rose oil. Bury the mixture twice a day.
- Solution mummy in boiled water. For preparation, dilute two grams of the formulation in 100 milliliters of water. Wet turkey moisten in solution and put into the ear. Such procedures relieve pain and promote rapid healing.
For lavage from pus advised to use a decoction of chamomile.
Turundas, soaked in a mixture of onion and linseed oil in equal proportions, are placed in the ear for exactly two hours.
To accelerate recovery with purulent otitis, it is necessary to include foods containing a large amount of ascorbic acid in food. For example, very useful oranges, lemons and grapefruits.
A small conclusion
Now you know why the liquid flows out of the ear. We hope that this information was useful to you. As you can see, there are a lot of causes for the appearance and flow from the ear. Determine the exact can only a qualified specialist. Correct and timely treatment, medications and procedures prescribed by a doctor, guarantee recovery.