Can I sleep in daylight in one-day lenses? Recommendations of specialists
Many of those who suffer from poor eyesight, sooner or later discover contact lenses. Their advantages over spectacles are obvious: they are invisible to others, they allow you not to hide your eyes, do not interfere. But is it so simple?
Ophthalmologists, giving the patient his first lenses, warn of many problems that may appear due to improper use. After all, non-observance of the conditions of hygiene can lead to infection, and wearing over the prescribed period - to overwork your eyes.
But is it possible to sleep in contact lenses? Opinions of experts on this issue vary, and it's quite difficult for a common man in the street to determine which one is the right one. Some categorically state that it is impossible to sleep in lenses, while others assert that there are nuances. Let us analyze this question.
Features of one-day contact lenses
Until recently, we could not imagine that it would be possible not to think about special containers and solutions. But ophthalmologists took care of the comfort of patients and invented lenses that can be worn in the morning and thrown out in the evening. It's simple, no additional manipulations.
Wearing one-day lenses is especially convenient when traveling. After all, you do not need to bring any additional accessories. In addition, advertising assures us that one-day contact eyesight correction is less visible due to the minimum thickness. This is especially important for those who are shy of their poor vision.
In any case, one-day contact lenses have a number of objective advantages. We will discuss them below.
Advantages of one-day lenses
When thinking about what type of vision correction tool to choose, many begin to list the pros and cons of one and the other. Some of these indicators are objective, others are not. We will only analyze the advantages of one-day contact lenses, which are undeniable:
- Hygiene. No need to store lenses in a container, which also accumulates dirt over time, is an obvious advantage. After all, the main claim of opponents of contact lenses is their unhygienic nature. With the invention of one-day models, this problem was solved.
- Variety. It was a time when finding one-day lenses for a person with a particular disease was a difficulty. Now there are options for people with myopia, hyperopia and other vision problems.
- Savings. Modern one-day models are not much bigger than lenses for a month. Against the background of other advantages, this is an obvious plus. Imagine that the lens was torn or lost - a one-day replacement would cost a mere penny. In addition, happy owners of one-day models do not have to spend money on containers, solutions and other accessories.
- Availability. This paragraph applies to those who live in fairly large cities. Recently, in large shopping centers, special automatic machines for selling one-day contact lenses have appeared. No hikes in specialized stores.
Can I sleep in contact lenses?
This question can not be answered unambiguously. The conditions for wearing these or those lenses should be described on the package. There it is necessary to indicate, after what time they need to be removed, how to care, in which cases to replace.
On the question of whether it is possible to sleep in lenses at night, a definite positive answer is given only for those models that belong to the category of prolonged wearing. Such lenses can be worn without removing, for several days without harm to health. At least, so say the producers. In fact, doctors with doubt apply to long-wearing lenses. No matter how safe they are, they are in any case foreign objects. Therefore, their long presence in the eyes is undesirable. In exceptional cases, for example, when there is no possibility to observe hygiene for a long time, on a trip or while relaxing in nature, you can use long-wearing lenses. But, be that as it may, they still prevent the eye from breathing normally, which is why you can not sleep in the lenses at night.
What about daytime sleep?
Here it goes, of course, not about those who work in the night shift, and in the morning go to bed for 6-7 hours. No, let's talk about the rest, taking no more than 2-3 hours. Can I sleep in the daytime in one-day lenses or any other, especially interesting to girls. If you need to remove them, then you have to remove all makeup, and after sleeping again apply. Too many difficulties.
In fact, nothing terrible will happen if you decide to get some sleep in the lenses. Of course, the moistening of the eyes during sleep is slowed, so when you wake up, you may find that blinking has become more difficult. To solve this problem, you can use special drops for the lens. But they should not be abused: if dryness occurs often, it is best to consult a doctor.
Is it possible to sleep in daytime in one-day lenses?
Often, those who purchase models designed for several hours of wearing, there is not even a special container and solution. So, for them the question arises especially: is it possible to sleep during the day in one-day lenses? Do not get the same new every time you want to rest a little. Ophthalmologists assure: just like lenses for a month, one-day will easily survive several hours of sleep. But you should not abuse this. Take no more than 2 hours for daytime sleep, do not make life difficult for your eyes and lenses by drying them. The correct approach will allow better preservation of vision and not exacerbate existing problems.
How long can I wear a lens without removing it?
The manufacturer must answer this question. On the packaging with lenses should be information on how long they can be worn without removing. If there are no such records, you can address this question to your ophthalmologist. Even if you do not plan to sleep the next day, do not all this time to wear the lens without removing it. Take a break after every 12 hours.
During the day, dust, dirt and bacteria accumulate on their surface. That's why every night you need to carry out the cleaning procedure. Of course, there are special lenses that can not be removed for a long time and even a few days. But ophthalmologists treat them skeptically, noting the high risk of infection. Therefore, before buying such lenses, please consult with your doctor.
Can I wear one-day lenses for more than a day?
No way. These lenses are made of a material that quickly deteriorates. Over time, they begin to lose air more badly, and the natural moistening of the eye decreases significantly. The result is that the cleaning efficiency of the lens surface is reduced by the century, the dust accumulates faster, which means that the risk of infection is maximized.
But what to do in a situation where replacing the lens is not possible, but good vision is needed here and now? Carry your glasses with you. They will help not only in this situation, but also in case the lens is lost or torn.
Myths about contact lenses
- Contact lenses are sources of infections. As we have explained above, such a development of events is possible only with the unfair care of them.
- The lens can fall out and get lost. This happens, but very rarely. Often the cause is increased dryness of the eyes. In all other cases, the lens simply shifts to the side while remaining on the surface of the eye. Find it and return it to the place is no problem.
- Lenses can cause allergies. This statement is not without meaning. In the composition of the lens can really be substances that cause allergies. But the reaction will manifest itself only after a long continuous wearing.
- Lenses will interfere with the eyes. Do not know until you check. There is a category of people who wear lens really causes discomfort. But this is a minority.
Now you do not need the question of whether you can sleep during the day in one-day lenses. Know: everything is good in moderation. Properly take care of them, take care and do not over-exert eyes, visit a doctor regularly and be healthy.