An analysis on the egg-worm is carried out in order to detect parasitic helminth eggs in the stool. They are united in the group of helminthiases, ascariasis, trichinosis, ankylostomosis are distinguished. This analysis is necessary for the establishment and confirmation of some diagnoses. It is also handled by children on admission to kindergartens and pregnant women.
So, the analysis on the egg-stick is assigned:
- if suspected of infection with parasitic worms;
- when conducting a routine examination, for example, to obtain a medical book.
Most often helminths occur in children. Therefore, it is very important that babies attending pre-school institutions pass this analysis on schedule. The most common are flat( Cestoidea, Trematoda) and roundworms( Nematoda, Askarida).
Very often, the question arises as to how to properly pass the analysis of feces to the egg egg. There are certain rules for collection. It is necessary to follow such recommendations:
1. Directly before the collection it is forbidden to use laxatives, including candles, and to make an enema.
2. For defecation, use a prefabricated tray or polyethylene oilcloth. It is impossible to admit to the feces that will be given up for analysis, elements of sewage, urine, secretions, personal hygiene products and so on.
3. Feces collected for analysis are placed in a special container with a lid, and it should occupy not more than one-third of the total volume of the container.
4. If for any reason it is not possible to send the collected material for analysis to the laboratory, then it must be stored at a temperature of no more than + 8 degrees, with an acceptable shelf life of not more than 24 hours.
5. If necessary, several portions of stool are collected during one day from various defecations.
Ovumglust is most often analyzed microscopically. With a detailed examination of stool in the laboratory, specialists can detect not only eggs, but also the worms themselves or parts thereof. To accurately determine the type of parasitic helminth, the detected element is placed between two slides. If you look at it in the light, you can find the helminth womb. It differs depending on the type of worm.
If the test for the egg-yawl gave a positive result, then a further examination is necessary. If there are obvious symptoms of infection, then on the basis of one coprologic study, no diagnosis is made. But a negative result does not always indicate the absence of pathogenic helminths in the body. Eggs and segments of tapeworms do not always come out with feces. Therefore, a simple microscopic examination of the results will not. In this case, necessarily passing additional tests.
The fact that helminths are completely absent in the body should be borne out by the complete absence in the feces of both eggs and elements of worms. You also need to know how much the egg egg test is doing. The period of its validity is small - only 10 days from the receipt. If it is overdue, it is necessary to pass the analysis again.