Kidney cancer: predictions after removal. Diet after surgery
Cancer is a serious disease, from which doctors have not yet found an effective medicine. There is a therapy, which, unfortunately, does not always bring the desired result. Now I want to talk about a disease like kidney cancer: predictions after removal and complications after surgery in these patients.
Disease Initially, it should be noted that kidney cancer is an oncological disease that most often occurs after 40 years. If we talk about gender, it is mainly affects the middle-aged and older men. The exact cause of the disease can not be called for today, however, there are factors that can contribute to its appearance:
- Drinking alcohol, especially beer, as well as smoking.
- Abuse of diuretics, that is, medicinal diuretics.
- Diseases such as hypertension, kidney cysts, or diabetes can also contribute to the development of a tumor.
- To provoke the appearance of a tumor, a kidney injury may occur( in case of a fall or impact).
- And, of course, doctors do not exclude a hereditary factor.
There is no single forecast in this situation. It all depends on how early the disease is found and whether treatment is started on time. Often in this case, surgery is required.
About removal of
If the patient has kidney cancer, the operation is what is most effective in this case. No medication will help to cope with the problem completely. The most effective in this case is nefektomiya. In this procedure, the renal vein and artery are ligated, after which the special part of the kidney is removed. This operation can be of two types:
- Partial nephrectomy, when the tumor itself is small and it is located closer to the upper or lower part of the kidney, which makes it possible not to remove the organ completely, and only to excise the tumor.
- Radical nephrectomy, when only a tumor can not be removed. This may be due to its large size or localization in the renal or inferior vena cava.
It is also worth distinguishing between two types of surgery. Removal of the kidney in cancer can be:
- Traditional, when a small incision is made in the lumbar region.
- Laparoscopic, when the incision is completely tiny, and for intervention, a special technique is used - a laparoscope.
Complications after nephrectomy
If the patient has had kidney cancer, the predictions after removal may be very different. And everything depends on multiple factors, one of which is complications after surgery. What in this case can be?
- Often there is damage to a number of disposed organs or arteries and veins.
- During surgery, healthy kidney tissue can also be damaged.
- A huge problem is bleeding in the postoperative period.
- Among the problems may be pneumothorax, that is, air entering the abdominal cavity, infection of the external wound, postoperative hernia.
All these factors somewhat complicate the process of recovering the patient. However, doctors are now able to cope with them.
Embolization of the artery
When a patient is diagnosed with "kidney cancer", the predictions after removal depend on the method of treatment. So, the method of surgical intervention is not always suitable for the patient, but it is necessary to excise the organ. In this case, they resort to embolization of the artery. This procedure is special in that the patient is made an incision in the groin and using a catheter, the lumen of the renal artery is clogged with a special liquid. As a result, the blood supply of the body does not occur, the kidney dies. Later this organ can be removed from the body of the patient with the help of an operation. This is one of the forms of termination of the functioning of the diseased organ by the method of its killing. The forecast in this case is very optimistic. To aggravate the situation can metastasis, which appear before the removal of the kidney.
Considering how one can get rid of the diagnosis of "kidney cancer", predictions after removing the organ by various methods - that's what's important to tell. So, if a surgical intervention is contraindicated to a patient, removal of the organ can also be performed by cryoablation. In this case, the body introduces special tubes, through which cold is applied, and as a result, the diseased kidney is frozen. After that, the body is thawed, and so several times. As a result of this temperature drop, the tumor dies, and the organ begins to function normally again. The risks of complications with such a procedure are minimal, and the survival rate of patients is quite high.
patients Survival of patients depends on the stage of the disease:
- If in the first stage, when the tumor does not leave the capsule, to begin treatment, the patients' survival is 80-100%.
- In the second stage, when the tumor extends beyond the capsule, the survival rate drops by about 30%.The situation may be complicated by nodes and metastases. In this case, no more than 30% of patients live for another 5 years, and up to 10 years only 5% of patients survive.
- In case of tumor thrombosis of large veins, the survival rate is reduced by approximately 40%.
Postoperative complications of
We further consider a problem such as kidney cancer( predictions after removal).Feedback from relatives of patients indicate that the following factors have a very negative effect on survival:
- Severe postoperative condition of the patient.
- It is most difficult to cope with that kidney cancer when symptoms are already signaling about the disease. Better, ate a tumor is found on ultrasound, and there are no external manifestations yet.
- It is dangerous when the patient's body weight drops by more than 10%.
- The survival rate decreases if the ESR in the blood rises.
Body Removal and Survival
Prognosis after removal of kidney cancer is in most cases positive. However, after such an operation, the patient will have to be careful all the time. You will have to regularly visit a doctor, visit an ultrasound, do an MRI or CT scan to see the body for metastases. Sometimes it is also necessary to constantly observe and other specialists who will "lead" the patient for other diseases that significantly complicate the life of the patient. Often people have to be registered with an endocrinologist, a cardiologist or a rheumatologist.
A special diet is also important after kidney removal. In this case, you will completely abandon salt and salted food. Only in this case, the remaining kidney can be easily worked and perform the function for the second, excised part. It will also be necessary to avoid animal protein.
If the patient has one kidney after the operation, there is a possibility that it will be possible to do without dialysis. In the case of strict compliance with all prescriptions of the doctor, compliance with the rules, the remaining body will be able to function fully. However, in this case, you will also have to permanently abandon certain sports, where there is a load on the lumbar region. Also, when taking various medications, you need to read the instructions carefully, so that the remaining organ does not create an additional burden. Life, of course, will be a bit complicated. However, a person can do a lot of good in this world, having pleased with the presence of relatives and friends.