What does the X-ray of the heart show?
Heart X-ray is a research technique by which it is possible to detect any deviations and diseases that are unattainable to the human eye and other devices. This procedure is incredibly relevant for medicine. It is accessible to all segments of the population, and is also completely painless and incredibly fast. X-rays pass through the human body at the speed of light. Bones pass light slightly, so they will be white in the image, and the heart and other internal organs become darker.
How X-ray works
An X-ray machine is a device that can convert ordinary energy into X-rays. Its power is through the electrical network. In modern X-ray machines there is a power supply and a transformer. They are necessary for continuous operation even when the light is turned off completely.
In a separate room there is an X-ray control panel. It is specifically not located next to the device, so that doctors do not receive radiation doses. The main element for the X-ray of the heart is a special tube that generates radiation. It is located in a dense vessel. On one side is the cathode, and on the other, the anode. After the voltage is in the transformer, it enters the X-ray field. The cathode and the anode are impacted, then they quickly brake. This results in the generation of X-rays. All this happens instantly, at the speed of light. After that, we get an X-ray image of the heart, which is displayed on a special film or on a computer screen.
Currently, doctors do not give a picture on their hands, but it is required to give a detailed description of the X-ray of the heart. The result can be found on the same day, after about half an hour.
Description of the X-ray of the heart
To begin this procedure, it is necessary to undress half. Then you need to stand in front of the device. After that, the doctor is removed to a separate room, from where he will manage the process. The person should be cuddled to the photocell, and then take a deep breath and hold his breath. If this is not done, the result will turn out to be blurry or completely unusable. Also, you can not move and twitch. During the procedure, a person does not feel anything.
If the person who came to X-ray can not move independently, then in this case it is carried out in a horizontal position. In this case, he will be helped by doctors or relatives. Also this method can be used after surgical interventions.
Indications for X-ray
As you know, X-rays of the heart can not be done simply because it can have a negative effect on the chest and body. For its appointment, certain symptoms should be present. These include: pain in the heart or chest, uneven heartbeat, high blood pressure( or vice versa), high fever without good reasons.
What does X-ray show? With his help, you can find various diseases that are even at the initial stages, as well as serious problems. On the X-ray, the focus of inflammation is clearly visible, which is a necessary factor before treatment or surgical intervention. There are cases when by analysis it is not clear what kind of disease a person has, because the symptoms of various diseases are similar.
How to prepare for the X-ray
Special preparation is not needed, but you should take into account some of the nuances. If a person smokes, then do not do this before the picture, because because of cigarettes, the X-ray can show the wrong result, and as a result there will be no problem and no proper treatment is prescribed. It can incur various complications and a threat to life.
Also, remove all ornaments from yourself, as they can damage the irradiation. This also applies to piercings. It is worth removing all the equipment, headphones and other away from yourself.
Radial Anatomy of the Heart
The heart and all its vessels are clearly visible in the picture. For a more accurate result of the X-ray of the heart, two types of projection are made: straight and side. On the direct heart is seen as a darkening of a homogeneous character, which has the shape of an oval. The upper part of the heart is shifted to the left side. Between the vessels and the heart are the notches, which are called the waist. The heart is as if suspended. Its waist and position depends on the height of the diaphragm. The shadow from the bottom of the heart is not determined, as it merges with the chest.
Vessels and cameras in the image form arcs. On the right side, according to the rules, there should be two arcs, and on the left - four. The first arc begins from the aorta department. The second arc is located near the right atrium. They are approximately the same in size. The third and fourth arcs are not always visible in the picture.
Radiation examination of heart functions
An average person who can be considered healthy, the heart makes one stroke per second, that is, in a minute - 60 times. At this moment, a wave of excitation passes through the body, that is, at first it contracts, and then relaxes. In the picture, you can see whether the heart is enlarged on the x-ray or not, whether it beats correctly, whether the aorta and the pulmonary artery are alright.
Radiodiagnosis of heart pathologies
Pathological changes include the detection of changes in size, position and contractile function. You can also see if the heart is enlarged on the x-ray or not.
The volume of the heart is counted on certain lines. But this method is not accurate, as in the calculations the doctor can make an error. Sometimes it happens that the heart moves to the right side. This can occur after injuries and diseases associated with the lungs. A shortcut function is considered by a set of indicators. This can be rhythm, depth, frequency and speed. Also for radiation diagnosis, you can identify various heart diseases.
Here are the main ones:
- Ischemic heart disease. With it there is a violation of trophism and contractility of the myocardium, which appears from a decrease in blood flow. On the x-ray, one can see deformation of the left ventricle cavity, aneurysm thrombosis.
- Defects of the mitral and aortic valves. At the first type there is an increase in the left atrium, displacement of the bronchus and esophagus. Heart failure occurs. In the second type, a more complex definition is noted. With the initial aortic valve defect, it is almost impossible to detect it. After the left ventricle becomes much larger. The rounded tip shifts to the side, emphasizing the waist. The aorta widens, and the right atrium shifts to the side. Because of this, the pressure becomes higher. Later, pulmonary edema may develop.
- The defect of the tricuspid valve. This species is more common than others. With it there is an increase in the right atrium and a swelling of the lower arc of the heart contour. Due to the insufficiency of the tricuspid valve, the right chambers change. Because of this, stagnation of blood circulation occurs.
- Heart defects on the x-ray can reveal an innate character. Usually they are defined even in childhood. They often do not have enough X-rays, but there are exceptions. On it you can see the defect of the septum and the opening of the arterial duct. Usually, in this pathology, the heart is in the form of a circle. Both the atrium and the ventricle can be enlarged in size.
- Pericarditis. In the heart cavity, you can see the accumulated fluid. The shadow becomes bigger. The heart can take a trapezoidal shape. Because of the strong squeezing of the liquid, it eventually decreases in size and becomes a drop.
Contraindications to X-ray
Even with such routine procedures as X-rays, there are certain contraindications. In no case can it be done by pregnant women, as this can lead to pathologies or miscarriage altogether. If a person has chronic or mental ailments, you should also be careful. Do not X-ray, if there are lung diseases that are infectious, since serious complications can occur. Do not need to do it more often than once a year, otherwise strong radiation can be obtained, which will negatively affect the body.