In slushy times - and in autumn, and early spring, and in winter thaws - with an enviable regularity, the population pursues a variety of viral infections. The main task of a person who does not want to spend a lot of money for treatment and get disapproval of his superiors for lack of work, albeit for good reason, becomes the decision on how to not get sick with flu or ARVI.Especially the first, because, as you know, the flu in many cases gives serious complications, the result of which is at least a longer treatment. That is, additional cash injections into medicines and the risk of being out of work due to a too long absence.
It is necessary not only to know how not to get sick with the flu, but also be able to recognize its symptoms on time. Unfortunately, even a professional doctor with experience will not always distinguish this dangerous disease from less severe ones. In most cases, the temperature rises from the very beginning of the flu, and it is by no means low-grade, but above 38. Practically indispensable is headache and myalgia - pain in the muscles. In the people often this condition is denoted by the phrase "bones ache."An additional symptom is the absence of cough and a cold, although in some cases they may already be present as an effect of the influenza state. In any case, even if you are not sure of the diagnosis( and you are sure of it and can not be because you do not have medical education), immediately start taking antiviral drugs - they will greatly facilitate the course of the disease in the future and simplify its treatment.
In many ways, the prevention of influenza depends solely on you. There are simple actions, compliance with which will minimize the risk of infection:
- Preventing hypothermia. The same frozen nose significantly surrenders its position in defense against airborne droplets "aggressors".Spasm of blood vessels also does not increase the resistance of the body and its ability to resist the invasion of pathogens. In this case, it is not necessary and reeling. Having swallowed and drastically cooled down, you open wide the gates to very different infections.
- Mandatory heat for the feet. A huge number of nerve endings contained in the feet, is responsible, including for the condition of the nasal mucosa. And other "delights", dragged by frozen feet( for example, kidney problems) you obviously do not need.
- Nasal breathing. Firstly, the air, passing through the nose, gets warm pretty well. Secondly, a significant part of the harmful organisms is held by its "cilia".Thirdly, various kinds of laryngitis may lead to influenza, as the body weakens.
- Tactile caution: try to do without shaking hands, kissing, touching your face with your hands.
- Minimizing the location in public places. And this concerns not only the refusal to visit exhibitions, performances, etc., but also the use of buses, trolleybuses and the metro, where the probability of meeting a sick person is very high. If you just go a couple of stops - it's better to walk. Walking is generally useful, and even more so for those who are concerned about the question of how not to get sick with the flu.
Protective measures at home and at work
What SanPiN insists on: prevention of influenza should include regular processing of premises where a person or a group of people is for a long time. Very important in this respect is wet cleaning, and it should not be neglected at home, and it should be done as often as possible. Thus, viruses that settle on surfaces are washed away and neutralized. Constant airing also significantly reduces the risk of infection, although in a good way such a procedure should be done not by the hour, but after each sneeze of one of those present. But, since it seems impossible, you need to do this at least three times a day.
In times of epidemics, preventive medicine recommends that your hands be washed regularly after being "in the community".The objection that the flu is transmitted through the air, rather than tactile, is not too correct: the viruses released into the air settle on any surfaces. In particular, on the rails and handrails. Touching this place, and then - to the face, you imperceptibly introduce into your organism a hostile pathogen. If there is no possibility to wash your hands with sufficient frequency, carry with you moist antiseptic napkins and use them after leaving any public place - from transport to a supermarket.
Proper prevention of influenza in adults and children implies frequent washing of clothes. Viruses in the tissue can remain infectious for a long time after being hit on it.
If you have a cold, it is advisable to use disposable handkerchiefs. No need to carry in the pocket of a colony of bacteria and voluntarily return them to your body.
There are certain drugs that preventive medicine advises to use in the midst of epidemics. One of the best measures to prevent infection is the washing of the nose after each "collision" with a large number of people. To do this, and suitable for ordinary saline, and warm salted water. However, there are two obstacles:
- does not always have the opportunity to conduct such a procedure( yet not everyone dares to wash their noses at the height of the working day);
- if you have a runny nose, this manipulation can be harmful.
Therefore, washing should be done in the morning and evening. And in order to protect yourself from the virus attack during the day, it is necessary to lubricate the nasal passages with oxolin ointment - it creates a fairly reliable barrier for bacteria and viruses. It is also possible to start taking immunostimulants and preventive doses of antiviral drugs in case of an epidemic( if health allows and only after consulting a doctor).
Do not forget about the mask. If you have to spend some time among a large number of people, use it without any constraint. Health is more expensive. And if "mask mode" is introduced in your office - do not break it for aesthetic reasons. In a sick form, you will definitely look worse.
Nutrition in Influenza Times
When discussing the issue of "how not to get sick with the flu" it is in relation to nutrition that there is some controversy. There is an opinion that during the epidemic you need to become a fan of vegetarianism. And in recent years, this view is gaining more and more fans. However, professional preventive medicine categorically disagrees with this. On the contrary, she advises in flu-like times completely to give up all kinds of diets and to eat nourishingly and fully. In the winter months, the body is already spending a huge amount of effort to resist unfavorable circumstances. To deprive him of a full "fuel" means to undermine his resource. The only thing in which both "traditional" and "alternative" converge, is the need to refuse or at least limit ourselves to the consumption of any alcohol. Alcohol reduces the body's immune capacity.
In the prevention of influenza can be inscribed and humidifier for air. The mucous membrane of the nose strongly weakens its drying. And radiators of operating central heating overdry the air very noticeably.
This also includes the adjustment of heating batteries, if it is provided in your home. The overly hot climate in the apartment comes into conflict with the cold on the street. From such a sharp drop you can just catch a cold;besides, besides, the mucous membranes suffer, and consequently, your ability to resist the influenza epidemic.
Vaccination: pros and cons
However, official medicine believes that all these activities are only a half-measure. The only reliable option in deciding the question "how not to get sick with the flu" is the vaccine from him. Among the people there are certain objections to vaccination. The most significant among them is the rapid mutation of the virus and the emergence of all new strains. In second place among the arguments - the danger of a vaccine for the body. However, in fact, safe drugs were developed more than half a century ago. Yes, they do not counteract all variants of the flu, but they are quite effective against four, the most common and "ferocious" strains. And the influence of others weaken to a large extent, making the course of the disease easier and virtually guaranteeing the absence of complications. Prophylactic vaccination, thus, will secure vaccinated almost one hundred percent. By the category of people who should avoid it, you can only include those who at the moment already have some health problems, for example, caught a cold or recently suffered such a disease.
Who should not give up vaccination
Adult, healthy people, of course, can still pretend. However, this is not recommended for the most vulnerable categories of the population. These include:
- schoolchildren spending a lot of time among a large number of people;
- babies, starting at six months of age and up to five years old - their resistance to influenza is still quite low;
- is elderly people 65 and older who have low immunity due to age. Even if vaccination does not prevent the disease, it will significantly reduce its severity;
- ladies "in position".They inject the vaccine in an inactivated state, so that the risk to the fetus is minimal - in contrast to the consequences that may occur in the event of a disease;
- teachers, doctors, drivers, sellers - all those who, by occupation, are forced to communicate with different people;
- people who are ill often: this indicates that their immunity is already not on the level, so they have a big chance to pick up the flu.
Do not forget that the vaccine only affects the incidence of influenza. It does not insure against other types of ARI and ARVI.
What the people advise: prevention
People's remedies against flu can be a good help in prevention. Only they manage, of course, not worth it, however, and ignore - too. The most effective and proven are as follows:
- A quarter kilogram of honey is combined with aloe juice. It is insisted in the cold for 10 days, it is drunk on an empty stomach for a month: adults on the dining room, children - on a teaspoon. Dried apricots, honey, walnuts and lemon in equal amounts. The drug persists for 5 days, and it is consumed from the morning and before going to bed on a spoon.
- In 3 liters of water, a quarter kilogram of dried dog-rose is boiled for 20 minutes. Drink in any quantity instead of tea.
The most reliable at all times was garlic from influenza. There are a lot of recipes with him. Here are a few:
- 3-4 garlic cloves are choked, vymeshivayutsya in a glass of fresh carrot juice, and five days half an hour before a meal is drunk half a cup of drug.
- Of 10 lemons, the bones are removed( peel is left);citrus finely chopped.10 garlic heads are sorted into slices and pushed. Both masses are connected, diluted with 3 liters of water, infused. They drink the medicine twice a day( on an empty stomach!) On a large spoon.
Combining folk remedies against influenza with the recommendations of official medicine, it is possible to survive the influenza season without shocks and damage to health.