What is the color of urine? What color should the urine of a healthy person be?
Urine includes the end products of metabolism, which color it in different colors. And what color is the healthy urine in people? The answer to this question is simple - it is a light yellow shade.
What factors affect the color of urine?
- Presence of coloring agents in food.
- The use of certain products.
- Taking medication.
- Metabolic processes.
What does the color of urine indicate? Amber - about the pigments of urobilins, urochrome and others, and the level of its saturation depends on the number of similar pigments. In addition, the more a person consumes fluids, the less urine is colored. With a lack of water, especially in hot dry weather and with increased sweating, urine darkens.
Why does the color of urine change in a healthy person?
Some people do not know what color urine should be, and therefore experience when it is painted in a greenish or reddish color. For example, why is urine red? If you eat beets, blackberries or rhubarb, the color of urine appears. In some cases, the urine becomes orange in pregnant women. A similar coloration appears when using carrots and fruits rich in carotene. Reddening of urine can occur after poisoning with toxic substances. When red urine appears in women, it is necessary to consult a specialist. The appearance of blood in the urine is considered a prerequisite for serious problems with a woman's health. Timely provision of assistance will help to avoid serious problems and consequences.
Why is urine red and painful? This happens with diseases of urination and urination. An orange shade appears in people who take antibiotics. As a rule, the doctor speaks about the side effects of medications, so do not be scared. Green color of urine is formed after eating asparagus. Blue color can be the result of taking a complex of vitamins or medicines. After consuming legumes, the urine becomes a darker shade. Urine of light color appears at excessive use of a liquid.
Urine contains an enzyme urochrome, which has a yellow pigment, the concentration of which determines the shade of urine in a healthy person. The higher the concentration of the enzyme, the correspondingly and darker the color of urine. In addition, its color is influenced by other factors. For example, in pregnant women urine of dark color.
During the gestation of a child, the body of a woman is transformed, all internal systems of the organism are under increased load. Dark urine in a woman during this period is the result of an organism's reorganization. The reason for this in the early stages of pregnancy is dehydration of the body due to toxicosis, manifested by vomiting.
Dark shade of urine can give:
- medications;Hungry diets;
- heavy working conditions;
- intensive physical activity;
- violation of diet, insufficient amount of water drunk per day.
At the same time, what is the color of urine dark? Urine of this color can also be a symptom of various diseases:
- of the liver;
- of the genitourinary system;
- of gynecological;
- is infectious;
In this case, a dark urine in a woman can be accompanied by a specific unpleasant odor.
If a dark urine is detected, you should consult your doctor and get a referral for the tests, which will result in the doctor appointing an additional examination, diagnose and treat.
Causes of dark urine in a child
If parents noticed a dark color of urine in a child in the morning - this is not an occasion to immediately sound an alarm, as it is caused by natural causes of the vital activity of the body. During the day, its color is normalized.
If the urine remains dark during the day, then it can be:
- Infectious disease of the genitourinary system of a child. Urina takes a dark brown hue. In neglected cases, mucus, pus and blood are found in it.
- Poisoning, intoxication. There is such a condition with pain in the abdomen, fever, vomiting. Violated water-electrolyte balance, dehydration of the body occurs, urine becomes dark.
- Liver disease, in which the urine may even be black.
Why do children have a cloudy urine?
The appearance of cloudy urine in a child is familiar to many parents. It is known that urine is the main indicator of the state of the body. However, what to do in this situation, not everyone knows. If a child has cloudy urine with sediment, then parents do not need to panic immediately, the reasons for this are varied, most of them are absolutely harmless.
The appearance of cloudy urine in the first days of a baby's life should not bother parents, since this is a normal physiological phenomenon. And after a short time everything will come back to normal. In infants this situation is possible at the beginning of the introduction of complementary foods, as the composition of the feeding changes.
Reasons for changing the color of urine in children:
- use of certain foods such as plum, gooseberries, sorrel, parsley, grapes, legumes;
- lack of fluid in the body;
- burns, which occupy a large surface of the skin;
- excess of vitamins;
- acute respiratory infections;
- inflammatory processes in the organs of the genitourinary system;
- diseases of the liver and biliary tract( hepatitis, parenchymal jaundice);
- diabetes mellitus;
- acute infectious inflammatory process( pyelonephritis);
- blood disease - hemolytic anemia;
- congenital malformations of the kidney structure;
- intoxication of the body during poisoning or infection.
In the evening hours urine can faintly cloud even in healthy toddlers - this is associated with overfatigue of the child for the day. If a child has cloudy urine with a sediment, with a sharp odor and mucus, and the baby does not sleep well and eats, then it is necessary to contact a specialist who will determine the cause and prescribe the treatment.
- compliance with personal hygiene;
- continuous emptying of the bladder;
- strengthening of immunity;
- reduced salt intake;
- restriction of eating foods that contain a lot of calcium;
- consumes a sufficient amount of fluid.
If there is a draft or clouding of urine, you need to observe the condition of the baby. When unusual symptoms occur, it is recommended that doctors be consulted and not treated independently.
The presence of acetone in urine
Most people write off the unpleasant odor that appears in the urine, on food. The appearance of acetone in the urine indicates problems with the kidneys. In many cases, the problem can be easily solved - it is enough only to return to a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes a medical examination is necessary. Timely diagnosis and delivery of tests will help to avoid negative consequences. If you do not start treatment in time, it can lead to serious illness. In order to avoid this, it is necessary to know the causes of the appearance of acetone in the urine.
Acetone in urine in adults: causes of
- Excessive consumption of acute and fatty foods contributes to the accumulation of harmful substances in the body.
- Unregulated physical activities. Excessive use of alcohol.
- Consequences of anesthesia.
- Poisoning and high fever.
- Eating only low-calorie food.
These reasons are serious enough and need immediate removal.
Symptoms that indicate the presence of acetone in the urine:
- presence of severe unpleasant odor when urinating;
- increased body temperature;
- unstable mental state;
- high blood glucose levels;
- a continuous desire to rest and sleep;
- pallor and crimson;
- lack of thirst and appetite;
- causeless vomiting and diarrhea.
Actions when acetone is detected in urine
If you find some symptoms and think that you have acetone in your urine, then it is recommended to take tests. This can be done in the laboratory of the polyclinic. A routine urine test can reveal acetonuria.
It is very risky to find acetone in the urine of pregnant women. Acetone can occur in urine due to toxicosis and frequent vomiting. In this case, it is recommended to restore the water-salt balance in the body of a pregnant woman. If a woman does not worry, then if you find acetone in your urine, it is recommended to take the tests again. And if again there will be a positive result, then it will be necessary to undergo other examinations that will help determine the causes of its appearance and take the necessary measures.
If proper nutrition and normalization of the order of the day does not give a result, then you should take special medications. If acetone is found in urine in adults, the causes can be associated with intoxication with poisons or heavy metals, with a change in the level of thyroid hormones. In the presence of similar problems, inpatient treatment is recommended, which, if necessary, can include droppers, intramuscular injections, and surgical intervention.
With the timely detection of acetone in the urine, it is easy enough to eliminate the causes of its appearance. Before beginning any treatment it is necessary to seek help from specialists.
Diseases and color of urine
Consider what the color of urine indicates in diseases:
- Pale yellow is a deficiency of pigments and in polyuria.
- Dark lemon color appears with toxicosis, dehydration caused by vomiting, and also with fever.
- White - when pus penetrates into the urine, phosphates, lipids. This is possible with pyelonephritis, kidney fatty degeneration and urolithiasis.
- Brown color - increased amount of urobilin, for example, in case of anemia, poisoning, problems with blood clotting.
- Black color accompanies the disease melanosarcoma and hemolytic kidney.
- The color of beer when bile pigments get into the excretory system.
- Red - when blood arrives.
So, what does the color of urine say? Change in the color of urine is not always the cause of the disease, but you should carefully monitor the signals of the body.