Kinesio teip: user manual, description, reviews
Quite often in the process of active sports activities an athlete can get various injuries. It can be like non-dangerous sprains of ligaments, and more serious - dislocations, fractures and bruises of soft tissues. All this can, of course, affect a person far from sports, but if a common citizen can still lie on a hospital house on the couch, it is important for the athlete to return to the system as quickly as possible.
At present, a completely new method of treating such injuries has appeared: kinesiotherapy, which is based on the imposition of kinesio teips on the damaged area of the body. We will try to understand the peculiarities of such treatment, advantages and contraindications.
What is kinesio teip
This method of treatment was developed specifically for therapy and the speediest rehabilitation of injured athletes. Treatment of sprains and bruises is carried out without restriction of human mobility.
When typing is applied, motor activity is not reduced, but there is a possibility of further training. In this respect, the kinesio teip patch is a unique tool in the treatment of musculoskeletal problems.
Sports kinesio teips help to relax the strained muscles and thereby help them to recover faster.
Special thanks to the Japanese physician Kenzo Kase. It was he who developed this method of trauma treatment in 1973, but his deserved popularity kinesio teip patch was received only after the 2008 Olympics.
Now demand for plasters is increasing not only among athletes, but also among people who lead an active lifestyle.
How kinesio works plaster
Muscles in the human body not only perform musculoskeletal function, but take an active part in venous circulation and lymphatic movement. Therefore, any damage to the muscle tissue leads to problems with blood circulation. It is in connection with this that it is necessary to use such methods of treatment that would guarantee an early recovery from trauma.
Kinesio teip is a flexible plaster for athletes, which is made from natural cotton. It has a wavy structure, and in addition there is a layer of acrylic glue that does not cause an allergic reaction. The glue is activated only under the influence of the temperature of the human body. The unique structure of the patches makes them very similar to human skin.
Affects teip on a microscopic level - it seems to raise the skin above the damaged area, which significantly reduces pressure and reduces pain syndrome. As a result of the action, blood circulation and lymph flow improve, which leads to faster resorption of hematomas and tumors.
After kinesio teip has been applied, the instruction allows you to keep a flexible lifestyle, because intensive muscle support is guaranteed. All this is subject to the correct application, but with this, as a rule, there are no difficulties.
How the plaster affects the athlete's body
After the kinesio tape is applied to the problem area, it has the following effect:
- By normalizing the muscular function, pain is reduced.
- If you study kinesio teip, the instruction states that the muscles from the stressed state quickly go into a relaxed state.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Lymph movement and outflow of tissue fluid becomes more effective.
- Neuralgia disappears.
- Skin and muscle activity is stimulated.
- If the athlete attends massage sessions, then the effect from them is much more noticeable and lasting.
Given this impact, one can come to the conclusion that it is possible to use active kinezio teip citizens, the price, especially, is relatively low.
Advantages of using kinesio teips
When compared to such a tool as a normal elastic bandage, kinesio teip has significant advantages:
- It allows the skin to breathe.
- There is an improvement in the circulation of blood and lymph in the subcutaneous area.
- Not afraid of moisture and sweat secretions. After taking the shower, it dries quickly.
- Provides accelerated regeneration of injured muscles and ligamentous apparatus.
- Reliably fixes muscles for unlimited time and does not limit their mobility.
- Tapes are absolutely hypoallergenic.
- Its effect lasts for 5-7 days, and there is no need to use bandages and bandages as additional means.
Use of kinesiotics in medicine
All these advantages allow using this method of treatment not only in sports medicine, but also for the treatment of certain diseases, for example:
- For the treatment of scoliosis.
- In the presence of youthful kyphosis, the use of kinesio teips is effective.
- Therapy of Achillobursitis.
- For correcting the curvature of the legs in children.
- If there are neurological manifestations of cervical, thoracic or lumbar osteochondrosis.
- Muscular-fascial pain syndromes of the trunk or extremities.
- With varicose disease there is a violation of blood flow in the muscles. Kinesio teip - the instruction mentions this - is able to help in this situation.
- After a mastectomy.
- For the treatment of algodismenorea.
This is such an extensive field of use of such patches.
Where is the most justified use of kinesio teips
Use a plaster for athletes can be on different parts of the body.
- The most common use is for partial fixation and recovery after sports injuries. Kinesio teip does not squeeze muscles as much as usual elastic bandage, but due to its extensibility and structure it supports muscles well and takes a part of the load.
- These patches can be used to fix in hard-to-reach places. For example, if there is an injury to the ribs, a simple bandage will not help, and typing will help.
- Use kinesio teips as an anesthetic for trauma: by lifting the skin, it relieves pressure on the damaged area, and the pain becomes less noticeable.
- Tape is good as a remedy after damage.
- You can also remove bruises and swelling with this method quickly, it's enough to buy kinesio teip in the pharmacy.
- Those who often suffer from nocturnal cramps also show the use of such patches.
- It is common to use kinesiot teips in track and field athletics or other outdoor sports. They allow to significantly improve the results due to more efficient operation of the musculoskeletal system.
- With the help of kinesio teips, you can protect the skin from rubbing, for example, in the judo of the kimono collar, the back of the neck strongly rubs. And biathletes apply a plaster on the face to prevent frostbite in the winter season.
- Kinesio teips sports also have a psychological effect, giving more confidence in the movements.
Kinesio teips are produced in different colors, but this does not affect their characteristics, but only allows you to choose a plaster for the color of the sports form. Although among athletes it is believed that the black teip is more durable in its adhesive characteristics, so it is often used in water sports. The width is about 5 centimeters, and the length of the roll is five meters of kinesio teip. The price fluctuates between 500-600 rubles.
Kinds of sports teips
Kinesio teips are of various types. If we talk about sports, then among them most often distinguish:
- Inelastic. This is a classic option, which has a white color or slightly with a cream tint. Such patches are used for typing the ankles and wrists.
- Elastic kinesio teip is more extensible, which allows to increase the degree of fixation and increase the surface area.
- Special kinesio teips are designed for use on specific parts of the body and have a certain shape.
All varieties of kinesio teips in the sports world are in high demand, as there is no special complication in their application, and they perform their function perfectly.
Methods of laying kinesio teip
In addition to the varieties of such patches, there are still different methods of applying them. They are selected depending on the purpose of use.
- If there are pains in the muscles and joints, then such a patch must be applied around the perimeter of the damaged area.
- If you need to use as an auxiliary therapy in the treatment of flatfoot or incorrect posture, the kinesio teip is superimposed along the length of the entire spine or foot.
- Some use the patch for preventive purposes to prevent injuries. In this case, it must be glued to the areas that are most susceptible to injury.
Rules for sticking teips
If you are an active lifestyles and decide to secure or purchase a kinesio teip as a remedy, how to glue it correctly will be prompted by the instruction. If you follow all of its recommendations, then the correct application can be no doubt. Here is the sequence of actions:
- Before you paste a patch, you need to make sure that the skin area on which the application will be applied is clean and dry.
- Next, you need to cut off the strip of adhesive tape of the desired length from the roll and remove the protective film.
- To ensure better fixation of the patch on the leg, it is recommended that the edges be rounded. It must be remembered that the first and last few centimeters should be applied to the skin without stretching.
- The rest of the patch should be stretched and glued.
- After full gluing to activate the adhesive layer, you should thoroughly grind the surface of the body.
If kinesio tape is glued correctly, it can be worn without taking a few days off. All this time he will have its therapeutic effect. Those who repeatedly used kinesio teips, the reviews leave positive. The main thing is to apply it correctly to the skin. Otherwise, not only can discomfort be felt, but the risk of injury is increased.
How to glue the tee on the knee
The most difficult is the process of sticking teip on the knee joint. To do this correctly, you should carefully read the instructions.
- Prepare two pieces of plaster, each with a length of 15 to 20 centimeters.
- Bend the foot at an angle of 90 degrees.
- The initial piece of teip should be pasted without stretching under the knee cap. Further, it is already stretched by 20% and is applied to the skin. In this case, the knee should be traced from the side. The second end of the patch should be glued over the calyx without tension.
- On the second side of the knee, glue the second piece of patch in the same way.
- To fix it was more reliable, it is necessary to take another piece up to 17 centimeters long. Next, you need to break the paper substrate in the middle and, as much as possible stretch, paste the tee under the patella. The ends of the teip should be held by the paper and glued to the outer and inner sides of the thighs without tension.
Before applying kinesio teip on the knee for the first time, it is better to consult a specialist who has knowledge of human anatomy and knows how to do it correctly.
Where to buy teips
Currently there are many online stores that are happy to offer you a choice of different kinesio teips. The buyer has the right to choose a patch of any color.
If you consider the dimensions that can offer you, then there are two options:
- A patch in a package of 20 cm in length and about 5 in width.
- Kinesio teip in a roll, the width of which is also 5 centimeters, and the length is 5 meters.
In rolls it is more convenient to purchase a plaster for those who often use it, for example, to athletes. The properties of kinesio teips from packaging, color and manufacturer do not change. Although some note that the plasters of Chinese production have a weaker adhesive base and can be distinguished by a specific smell. While such patches should not smell anything.
You can buy teips in a regular pharmacy, but not in each one you can find them, and prices can vary. Therefore, most people acquire kinesia teip through the Internet.
Reviews about kinesiotyping
Despite the fact that this method has been used relatively recently, he has already proved himself on the positive side. A lot of good reviews from those who have ever used kinesio teip. The manual contains detailed recommendations for use, so you can safely purchase such products not only for athletes.
Most often they are used by those involved in sports, so they leave feedback, among which you can often hear only praise and gratitude to the creators of this method. Almost everyone who uses a band-aid notes the acceleration of the recovery process. Injuries of muscles and tendons pass much faster, pain syndrome disappears, but most importantly - mobility is not limited, there is the opportunity to continue to engage.
The majority of athletes are satisfied with the results, which gives the use of kinesio teips. The material is pleasantly adherent to the skin, does not cause allergic reactions, so it can be safely used by all comers.
Doctors believe that this method, together with the use of other methods of treating injuries, can create real miracles.