Prevention of arthritis: tips rheumatologist
Arthritis, in the Greek word athron means "joint", therefore, this disease is characterized by inflammation of the joint( or group of joints) arising in the synovial membrane of the joint.
This disease torments many people of our planet. However, the prevention of arthritis is a very real thing for all who need it. As you know, the disease is easier to prevent than after a long time, and not always successfully, to treat. The causes of arthrosis and arthritis, and prevention will be the topic of this article.
Causes of inflammation of the joints
The causes of arthrosis and arthritis can be different, most of them depend on the lifestyle, the nature of the labor function and other reasons.
The causes of this ailment are divided into:
- is infectious;
Allergic and traumatic arthritis
Allergic arthritis is a benign inflammation of the joint, which is a reaction of the body to a specific allergen. This arthritis is completely reversible. This kind of arthritis can be caused by a certain food, and medicine, and ticks. In the treatment of allergies, arthritis passes. A relapse may occur, but in case of not healing, and in contact with the allergen.
Traumatic arthritis occurs as a consequence of an injury, or with a permanent minor injury.
Infectious and reactive arthritis
Infectious arthritis occurs due to infection, a virus, ingested fungal formation or parasites. For example, hepatitis B.
Reactive arthritis is an inflammation of the joint that occurs after the transfer of certain infectious diseases, such as intestinal, nasopharyngeal, renal, as well as conjunctivitis and uveitis.
Dystrophic, rheumatoid arthritis
Dystrophic arthritis occurs with a degenerative change in the composition of the joint. The cause of this arthritis are: lack of vitamins, metabolic disorders, hypothermia, low mobility or, conversely, excessive physical stress.
Rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by a systemic chronic manifestation of connective tissue disease. In this case, small joints are affected. Affected by this disease, people whose work is associated with constant stress on certain groups of joints.
How are arthritis treated?
In the diagnosis and treatment of certain arthritis, anti-inflammatory drugs, such as tablets, injections or systems, massages, medicines with regenerating and antispasmodic effect, and vitamins of group "B" are used. Warming and analgesic ointments are used. And they also perform arthroplasty of the joints.
As a rule, drugs aimed at treating joints have a negative effect on the stomach. Often, first, ulcers, gastritis, reflux, and then - arthritis and arthrosis. Also, with drug treatment of joints, prescribe drugs aimed at protecting the gastric mucosa from burns and inflammations.
After treatment, it is necessary to prevent arthritis for normal functioning and to prevent relapse.
General preventive measures
Prevention of arthritis and arthrosis is especially important for those who are at risk for their lifestyle, work, nutrition. And also those people who already suffered from this ailment and do not want a repetition of events.
Prevention of joint arthritis is in such activities:
- Minimization, or better complete elimination of hypothermia of the joints.
- Wearing comfortable shoes, if there is a predisposition to these ailments, it is better to use orthopedic footwear or insoles. High heels are better to exclude.
- All doctors say that in a sitting position you can not cross your legs. And it is right. Crossing leads to stagnation of blood and immobility of the joints.
- Excess weight can also lead to inflammation of the joints. It is necessary to monitor him.
- Prevention of arthritis is a healthy mode of the day: sleep, rest, work - everything should be in moderation.
- Proper nutrition. As much as possible products containing vitamins of group "B".It is known that this vitamin can not be accumulated "in reserve", getting into the body, it immediately begins to be consumed. More food containing fiber. And also people who have a predisposition to these diseases need to eat more fatty fish( cod, Ivasi, trout).
- Drink more water, simple clean water. At least three liters a day. Often, the disease is caused by a lack of fluid in the body( this and salt, and inflammation, and thrombosis).Water is life!
- Moderate physical activity. For people leading a sedentary and sedentary lifestyle - gymnastics, which should pick up a specialist.
- And the last rule is all diseases from nerves. Therefore, it is necessary to minimize stress.
Prophylactic measures for reactive arthritis
Prophylaxis of reactive arthritis consists of:
- Primarily, in hygiene compliance. This type of arthritis occurs with salmonella, clostridia, dysentery and other viruses that damage the digestive tract. If you eat thermally processed foods, the risk of contracting these diseases decreases.
- Secondly, it is necessary to observe intimate hygiene, protecting against sexually transmitted infections( chlamydia, ureaplasma and other microorganisms cause diseases of the urinary system).
- Third, the correct, balanced food - rich broths, fish, rich omega-3( trout, tuna, mackerel, halibut), nuts, whole grains, flax seeds, beans, asparagus, parsley. You also need to give up alcohol.
- And fourthly, periodic observation by doctors.
Prophylaxis for rheumatoid arthritis
Prevention of rheumatoid arthritis is twofold:
- The first is a general prophylaxis for people who are prone to this ailment.
- The second is the prevention of preventing relapses and exacerbations in those people who already suffer from this or that form of manifestation of this disease.
The first type of prophylaxis is:
- In the treatment of any infectious diseases( from ARI to more serious diseases, for example HIV).
- Rehabilitation of any inflammation( treatment of caries, sore throats).
- In the strengthening of immunity - the defenses of the body.
- In a healthy lifestyle( nutrition, sleep, work, leisure, physical training, gymnastics, refusal of alcohol and smoking).
A second type of prevention appears in:
- The use of anti-inflammatory drugs and injections aimed at restoring joint fluid and cartilage tissue. It is also necessary not to forget about vitamin complexes, both in tablets and in injections.
- Gymnastics, which the specialist should select. In addition to gymnastics for the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis, cycling, walking, swimming are used. However, before using any method of prevention, consultation with a specialist - a rheumatologist doctor - is necessary.
- Dietary nutrition( fruits, berries, omega3 fatty acids).
- Also for the prevention of this ailment you can use compresses from the bile of a canned drug. To do this, you need to take gauze or cotton cloth, moisten it with bile, apply it to a sore spot, and create a vacuum with parchment. Ideally, this compress should be left for a day, periodically moistening it with bile, as it dries. But you can use it for 8-10 hours. By the way, this method is used not only as a prevention of rheumatoid arthritis, but also in the treatment of arthritis and arthrosis in the early stages.
Prophylaxis of hand arthritis
Arthritis of the hands and fingers is a disease that occurs in every seventh inhabitant of the planet, and women are five times more likely to suffer from this ailment. The question "why women?", But because they often do some work with their hands( cooking, sewing, working at a computer, etc.).
Arthritis in these joints is manifested as follows:
- Pain in the fingers and hands with the usual actions( the pain is accompanied by burning, tingling and there is a pulling sensation).
- Joint pain before a change of weather, changes in atmospheric pressure, eclipses.
- Stiffness of brushes, especially after waking.
- The skin around the affected joint becomes red, hot and swollen.
- Symmetrical joint damage is observed.
- When you move your hands and fingers, you can hear a squeak, but not like a simple flick of your fingers.
- Increased fatigue, irritability, weakness.
- In general, the arthritis of the hands and fingers is unpleasant phenomenon at any stage( there are 4 stages), and if the disease is started and not treated, you can get a disability and stop serving yourself.
And to prevent these unpleasant consequences, it is necessary to prevent arthritis of the hands:
- Any infection that has got into the body must be treated to the end.
- The reception of vitamin-mineral complexes aimed at feeding the joints with the necessary substances in full.
- An exercise that the doctor must individually select.
- Strengthening the immune system, the body's ability to fight viruses.
- Maintain weight in an adequate state( this applies to both large and missing weight).
- Prevention of arthritis is impossible without a vitamin diet, saturated with vitamins "B", "D", Calcium. Compulsory consumption of fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts.
Arthritis is a fairly widespread disease on our planet. As it became clear, it arises, first of all, because of inflammatory processes. Therefore, its main prevention is the timely complete treatment of any viral or infectious disease. They got sick once, got sick two, three, four. .. They transferred the disease on their feet, were not cured or not properly treated. .. And then with age, such sad consequences as arthritis and arthrosis come. They have to be treated for a long time, persistently and it is not always possible to cope with the disease to the end, very often it passes into a chronic stage. And this is constantly aching pain in the joints, it pulls, then breaks, then the weather hurts. And sometimes this disease leads to loss of ability to work and self-service.
Prevention and treatment of arthritis should be prescribed by the doctor, preferably if it is a rheumatologist, and under his supervision. However, it is always necessary to remember - the salvation of a drowning man, the work of the drowning man himself. While a person does not want to be healthy and does not start to lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right, combine his life with adequate physical exertion, he will not be healthy. Prophylaxis of arthritis is the guarantee of a long and painless life.