How teeth whitening is done: methods. Teeth whitening: the most effective and safe methods. Recommendations of dentists
A white smile is the dream of any person. But in many cases this can not be achieved with conventional toothpaste. Then the whitening procedure comes to the rescue. But before it is produced, it is necessary to learn all the details about it. After all, not all methods are suitable for all. Teeth whitening may not be useful. Before all consider, it is necessary to find out why the enamel darkens.
Why does the color of teeth change?
So, the enamel can yellow due to such reasons:
- Thinning of enamel. It's about building a tooth. The crown consists of several parts: the upper semitransparent layer( enamel) and the dentin, which is darker. During life, the top layer is gradually erased. As a result, the dentin becomes more noticeable, the teeth become darker.
- Some products and bad habits. The tobacco smoke affects the enamel in a negative way. In addition, it darkens due to long-term use of coffee and black tea, wine, carbonated drinks.
- Pulp depilation( procedure for nerve removal and canal filling).
Just these reasons and determine the methods, teeth whitening with the help of which will be carried out effectively and safely.
In some cases, the procedure can not be performed. Before using home methods of teeth whitening, it is necessary to consider all possible contraindications for use:
- Children under 14 years of age. In this case, you can seriously damage the enamel.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- High sensitivity of teeth. Whitening can cause a worsening of the situation, especially mechanical.
- Presence of crowns, veneers or fillings on the front teeth.
- Color of the tooth on the inside( blood on the walls of the canal).
- Natural brown or gray shade of enamel. Whitening is simply useless.
You can get a beautiful smile using different methods. Teeth whitening is done in two ways:
- Mechanical. In this case, all external impurities are removed from the tooth surface: plaque, stones or other deposits. Here, an air-powder mixture is used, which is directed to the enamel by a strict flow. Since the powder is very fine, it practically does not damage the enamel. The advantage of this method is low cost and the ability to brush teeth even in hard-to-reach places. In this way, the coating is removed from tea, coffee and tobacco smoke.
- Chemical. For such procedures, carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide is used. It clarifies the dental tissues. It can be professional or home.
Features of ZOOM-whitening
This technique every day is gaining more and more endorsements. Bleaching Zoom-3 is a professional photobleaching that is produced in clinical conditions. The dentist in this case applies a special gel with the content of hydrogen peroxide, the activation of which occurs under the influence of ultraviolet. As a result, active oxygen is released, capable of penetrating deeply into the enamel and even the dentin.
Zoom-3 whitening has some features:
- First you need to get a doctor's consultation that will examine the oral cavity. He must take into account all possible contraindications.
- Now the expert will hide the face, lips, gums and other areas that can be exposed to ultraviolet radiation. Rays should only fall on the teeth.
- The gel is applied to the crowns.
- Now it is necessary to process ultraviolet immediately upper and lower dentition. For this purpose, a special stationary lamp is used. It emits waves of strictly specified length. The duration of the procedure is 60 minutes.
The effect after such whitening will not keep you waiting. However, you need to save it as long as possible. To do this, you need to pay maximum attention to oral hygiene. To support the result, you need to use a home bleaching gel every six months or a year.
Advantages of this procedure are: rapid effect( whiteness appears after the first visit to the doctor), control by a specialist, the ability to avoid dehydration, low acidity of the gel( preservation of the integrity of the enamel).However, after whitening, the teeth become very sensitive, and the gums may become irritated.
Another type of clarification of enamel, which is produced in the dentist's office, is Air-flow. This procedure is not a full-fledged whitening, but a routine cleaning of plaque.
Features of laser whitening
This process is basically similar to the previous one. There is also a special gel applied to the teeth, however, it is activated with a laser. Naturally, laser teeth whitening, whose price is much higher than the cost of home remedies, is considered one of the safest methods.
In their work, specialists apply several types of laser: gas, diode or erbium. The intensity and duration of irradiation are strictly controlled. However, after the procedure, it is necessary to restore the enamel. For this, a special gel is used. Advantages of this procedure are:
- Good efficiency.
- No painful sensations.
- The fast result is fixed for a long time.
- Maximum safety, compared to other methods.
There are also disadvantages: increasing the sensitivity of enamel after its processing, as well as a fairly high cost. In any case, laser teeth whitening, whose price is from 13,000 rubles, is quite effective and popular.
Despite the fact that today there are safe and effective methods of teeth whitening, some people continue to use grandfather recipes.
Very popular are such products:
- Whitening toothpaste. It allows you to partially get rid of the plaque and make the enamel lighter. However, this method will not bring much effect. Such pastes contain abrasive particles, so they can damage the enamel.
- Soda. It must be applied to the teeth. Such a recipe is quite effective. However, this means also scratches the surface of the tooth.
- Peroxide. The product is simply applied to the enamel for a while. In this case, the longer the liquid remains on the teeth and the more its concentration, the whiter will be the teeth. After the procedure, however, the sensitivity of the enamel increases, there is the possibility of damage to the gums.
- Wood ash. This tool is quite effective, but not safe.
Traditional methods of teeth whitening should not be used too often.
Features of ultrasound whitening
The safest methods of teeth whitening involve the use of ultrasonic technology. It is characterized by the fact that it has high efficiency and minimal probability of damage to the enamel.
The disadvantage of the procedure is that it has a high cost. In addition, it is more aimed at cleaning the surface of the crowns from plaque and stone. Teeth become smoother and clearer. As for bleaching, the effect is not so high. The fact is that teeth acquire their own natural shade. That is, if there was never a natural whiteness, then it will not exist.
The great advantage of ultrasonic treatment of enamel is that it becomes more susceptible to other procedures. For example, after you can do fluoridation of the crowns.
Despite the fact that ultrasound treatment is practically painless, in some cases anesthesia still has to be done.
How is intrachannel whitening performed?
There are times when a person begins to darken a tooth after installing a seal. In this case, intra-channel bleaching is performed. It provides for the implementation of such actions:
- Elimination of the old seal.
- Trimming the channel( if necessary).
- Filling the tooth cavity with a special whitening gel, which should lighten the internal tissues.
- Removal of the gel after a while( most often 2 weeks).
- Repeated channel filling.
If after the first treatment the desired effect does not follow, then the bleaching procedure can be repeated. But this should be done only after the tooth decay is cured. Otherwise, the patient may develop a serious allergic reaction.
specialists. Whichever methods are chosen, teeth whitening should be performed under the supervision of a dentist. In the extreme case, one should not forget about these recommendations:
- Any procedure for clarifying the enamel requires some preparation. Teeth should be as healthy and undamaged as possible.
- If a chemical method is used, then the gel on the crowns should be kept exactly as long as indicated in the instructions.
- After home whitening, it is advisable to see a specialist to determine the condition of the teeth.
- In the future, you need to closely monitor the purity of the enamel, in order to prevent its re-darkening.
- Do not repeat bleaching too often. It is enough 1-2 times a year.
That's all the features of the procedure. The newest methods of teeth whitening are the guarantee of a beautiful and healthy smile.