Promille is how much? What is the permissible norm of alcohol in the blood in ppm?
Promille is a unit for determining the amount of alcohol in the blood. One unit of ppm is a thousandth of a substance, a tenth of a percent of the liquid. There is a significant difference between the body of a man and a woman in the detection of this indicator. Promille is how much? This question interests many.
Designation and calculation of
The ppm symbol is as follows - ‰.It is often confused with a percent sign, which is a mistake.
- 1 ‰ = 0,1% = 1/1000 = 0,001.
- 100 ‰ = 10% = 0.1.
- 200 ‰ = 20% = 200/1000 = 0.2.
After 30 minutes after ingestion in humans, the maximum concentration of alcohol can be detected.
Promille is an indicator that provides information about:
- alcohol content at a specific time;
- volume of a drink of a different kind;
- time, which is required to ensure that alcohol is excreted from the body.
The result will depend on the following parameters:
- weight, sex, age of the person;
- percentage of fluid relative to the mass of the human body;
- volume of alcohol, which was adopted.
So, how much is promille?
The stages of intoxication differ depending on the alcohol consumed. The first is characterized by mild intoxication, the average weight will be observed in the second, a heavy degree appears in the third stage of intoxication. The last stage is life-threatening, as coma and even death can develop.
A lethal dose will be for a person:
- 4-8 gr. Ethyl alcohol per 1 kg of weight for an adult;
- 3 g.on 1 kg of weight of teenagers, sick and elderly people.
Next, let's talk about the percentage of ethanol in the blood at each stage:
- to 0.3% - the effect of alcohol is absent;
- 0.3-0.5% - the effect is rather weak;
- 0,5-1,5% - means an easy degree;
- 1,5-2,5% - average degree;
- 2,5-3% - a strong stage;
- 3-5% - a severe stage in which coma and even death may occur;
- 5-6% - means a lethal dose.
Pro mille that is allowed by
What is the permitted per mille? This is the amount at which it is still permissible to get behind the wheel.
At what quantity of drunk will the traffic be safe? The behavior and reaction of the driver will differ depending on the ppm:
- 0.1-0.6 ppm. The source of moving light is perceived vaguely. Bad assessment of the situation. The driving style becomes risky, the speed often exceeds the permissible norms, the driver can do harm to others.
- 0.6-0.9 ppm. Evaluation of the distance is wrong, there is an imbalance, the assessment of the situation is difficult. Lighting, distance, the signal of other cars and traffic lights the driver does not adequately assess.
- 0.9-1.3 ppm. Alcohol acts soothingly. There is a decrease in the angle of view, with a weak and incorrect perception of the surrounding reality. Concentration of attention is absent in full, a high degree of intoxication makes the driver dangerous to others and for themselves including.
- 1.3-2.5 ppm. Conservation of consciousness is difficult, there can be no question of driving. Impairment of vision, reaction, orientation in space.
The permissible ppm is 0.1 units or less.
Signs of intoxication
A person is considered drunk if there are a number of symptoms. It:
- strong smell of alcohol from the mouth;
- unstable pose, marked tremor of fingers;
- speech impairment, behavior not corresponding to the environment;
- abrupt changes in skin color( redness, blanching);
- sharp incorrect movements, inadequate behavior.
How to determine the ppm allowed for alcohol use?
The ratio of the number of ppm in the blood and the signs of behavior at a certain stage of intoxication will be as follows.
If the level of alcohol 0.010-0.030 will be normal behavior, with hidden disabilities, which can only identify special means, this stage of intoxication is considered easy.
At a level of alcohol 0.031-0.060, the behavior is characterized by mild euphoria, gossip, relaxation, lowering the level of restraint with a decrease in concentration, light intoxication becomes average.
With an alcohol level of 0.061-0.1, the behavior is characterized by extravertedness, dullness of all sensations, severe disinhibition, a violation of perception and reasoning, a bad reaction of the pupil to light, this is still an average degree of intoxication.
With alcohol levels of 0.11-0.2, behavior is characterized by fierceness, anger, violent changes in emotions, expressiveness, reflexes, articulate speech, behavioral control, motor skills, intoxication occurs with high probability, and the degree of intoxication is strong.
At alcohol level 0,21-0,30 behavior is characterized by a stupor, a possible loss of consciousness, a weakening of all sensations, memory, consciousness, motor skills are broken, the stage of intoxication is very strong, poisoning begins.
At the level of 0.31-0.40, behavior is characterized by loss of consciousness, severe depression of the central nervous system, a fatal outcome may occur, control, palpitation, breathing, balance are disturbed, intoxication with severe intoxication occurs.
At a level of 0.41-0.51 behavior is characterized by loss of consciousness, death is possible, control is lost, breathing, palpitation, nystagmus occurs, intoxication is the strongest, dangerous for human life.
At a level greater than 0.51, there is a severe poisoning of the body with a fatal outcome.
Lethal dose: is there an unambiguous answer?
Promille is an indicator that can help in determining the lethal dose.
In each individual case, its performance is different. Even a doctor is difficult to unequivocally determine. So how much alcohol can you drink, and how much will be dangerous for a person?
In figures, we have already considered these indicators.6-8 units per mille will be a lethal dose for an adult person, 2.5 ppm means strong intoxication. But it is more convenient for an ordinary person to count in liters.
So, the norm is well known.
If you drink one bottle of vodka to an adult person, you get 2.5 ppm. And if you take three bottles with a volume of half a liter, then this will be a lethal dose. But at the same time, you need to take into account that people should consume this alcohol for an hour approximately. But if you stretch alcohol for a long time, especially for snacks and active movements, then there will be no death, but only the strongest intoxication.
Wine and beer have a weaker alcohol concentration. To get a lethal dose, you need to drink a lot. With a large amount of drunk comes the protective reaction of the body in the form of vomiting, so part of the alcohol is eliminated from the body. The lethal dose directly depends on weight, age, sex and chronic diseases.
Thus, ppm is a unit for measuring blood alcohol content, a very informative indicator.