How to treat diarrhea in a kitten( 2 months)?Causes, treatment at home, drugs, diet
Any animal brought into the house is a full member of the family. For example, a kitten. He requires the same careful care as a little child. And just as you want, that the kid was always healthy, wish well-being and the beloved pet.
No one is insured against diarrhea. And diarrhea in a kitten( 2 months) can also happen. And then what to do? It is better to immediately contact the veterinarian. But if this is not possible, you can try to provide first aid yourself.
There are several reasons for this disease in a small pet:
- One of them is worms. They can get infected from mother's milk or her own wool, and also, walking on the street, from their four-legged relatives. The most unpleasant thing in this situation is when the kitten goes to the toilet not only in the tray, but also somewhere else.
- You need to know what to feed the kitten( 2 months), and how to do it correctly. After all, if you change your diet drastically, or when it often overeats, the process of digestion of food can be disrupted, and because of this, diarrhea will arise. Changing the usual food for a small pet, you should do it gradually, introducing a little new products. Also, you need to make sure that he ate small portions so that there is no overeating.
- In the kitten, vomiting and diarrhea may subsequently be caused by some infectious disease, for example, chlamydia, panleukopenia, viral peritonitis and many others. A small animal can become infected with such a disease at any time, even though he has been given all the necessary vaccinations.
- In a small pet, pain, diarrhea, vomiting can occur if it has swallowed some poisonous or hazardous substance. In this case, without contacting the vet immediately, you can lose the kitten.
- Diarrhea along with vomiting can occur as a result of inflammatory diseases of the stomach and intestines - gastritis, colitis.
- Often diarrhea in a kitten( 2 months) is due to a very early withdrawal from his mother, as this can lead to problems with immunity and digestion.
Other accompanying symptoms
When a small pet develops this disease, it becomes weak, depressed, little eats or no appetite at all, the stomach may swell. If the diarrhea lasts a long time, the kitten begins to lose weight, which is fraught with dehydration of its body. If this happens quickly, and the condition worsens all the time, you need to show the veterinarian, without delaying the visit for a long time.
In case of diarrhea, the seriousness of the pet's disease can be determined by the color of the stool:
- If it is black or even with blood, it is a signal that there is such a disease as panleukopenia or enteritis. There is also a high probability of internal bleeding. This is an extremely serious disease, without the help of a veterinarian, the animal is certain to die.
- Yellow diarrhea occurs due to dysbiosis, when there are worm infestations or inflammation of the stomach.
- And what does it mean if the kitten has a green diarrhea?2 months is still very small, but even in this period a baby may have diarrhea. Green diarrhea and temperature are signs of the development of putrefactive microflora. The pet urgently needs to be taken to the clinic so that the necessary antibiotic is prescribed there.
If this happens, and the kitten is sick, what should I do in this situation? First of all, one should observe the dynamics of the disease. When the animal becomes worse, diarrhea increases, and also other, no less unpleasant symptoms, then it is necessary to show it to the vet.
When the case of diarrhea occurred only once, and the pet's well-being is satisfactory, you can try to cure it yourself.
First you need to think about what to feed the kitten( 2 months) you can, and what not, especially during such a disease.
For 12 hours he needs nothing to eat from food.
You can only get some water. It should be given often, so that there is no dehydration of the body. This method of treatment is called a hunger diet.
After this time, you can give a little boiled rice or a three-day kefir. The next day, too, you can give a little boiled chicken meat. And so gradually it is necessary to introduce new products until the pet returns to its usual diet.
Consult a physician!
When diarrhea in a kitten, treatment at home occurs by any of the above method. But then it is still desirable to show the vet. Perhaps he will additionally prescribe a therapy for a small patient against worms or drugs, in order for his microflora to normalize sooner.
Since diarrhea is closely associated with the loss of a huge amount of minerals and fluids, the disease of a small pet should never be allowed to go by itself.
If diarrhea is seen in a kitten, treatment at home is possible only when it has only a given symptom, and basically the animal is as healthy and active as before.
How to cure a kitten from diarrhea on its own? There are several rules. Let's consider them:
- It is necessary to exclude from the diet of animals the wrong food, especially if it was introduced into the diet not so long ago. Basically, the cause of the disease is both dairy and dairy products, store food, which may not be designed for such small animals. Also this food from the table, which is so fond of feeding their pets.
- When you enter a new product in the diet of a kitten, it is best to give him a little first try and see the reaction of his body. If everything is normal, then you can continue to feed them. Doing this, first of all you protect the pet from overfeeding with a new product, and in the second - it is much easier to find out what food an allergic reaction is possible for.
- Having a kitten at home, you do not need to leave food in places where it can get it.
- With diarrhea it is desirable to reduce the amount of food in the diets of the kitten, although most often the animal refuses to eat. You just need to leave enough water in an accessible place so that it can restore the strength of the sick animal.
- You also need to do a general cleaning, pay special attention to those secluded places where a small pet likes to play. Periodically carry out disinfection of the bowl from which it eats.
- During cleaning, you need to pay attention to whether chemicals that are constantly used are harmful to animals.
- When a kitten has diarrhea, it is necessary to treat it with care. Play with him - only at his request, but in no case to throw or scare. By the way, such small households may have diarrhea due to some psychological experiences( stress, fright, etc.).
In the event that all of the above is done, and diarrhea not only continues, but unusual color, odor, foam, mucus appears, you immediately need to take the kitty to the vet to find out the exact diagnosis and correct treatment. If this visit is delayed, it can affect not only the health of the pet, but lead to a fatal outcome.
If diarrhea in a kitten, what can be treated still? Many people prefer medicines from the pharmacy.
If diarrhea in a kitten( 2 months), then you can give the drug "Atoxil".What dosage? In 100 milliliters of water, it is necessary to dilute a packet of this drug. Give one teaspoon every couple of hours.
The drug "Regidron" during diarrhea can help with dehydration. Prepare the solution according to the instructions. Give a small patient the same as the drug "Atoxil".
A common question arises when diarrhea in a kitten: how to treat it? It is also recommended in such cases to use such drugs as Enterosgel or Smecta. A good effect is given by Bifidumbacterin. Putting a medicine in your mouth is most convenient, using a syringe without a needle. These drugs will help to rid the body of toxins, provoking their rapid excretion to the outside.
If a kitten was put on a hungry diet, then when you leave it, you need to give a little oatmeal or rice broth. You can also try to brew flaxseed, pomegranate or oak bark.
But how to stop diarrhea in a kitten by other chemist's drugs? Many of them are meant for people, and when treating them with an animal, one should consult an expert. To stop diarrhea, you can use activated charcoal tablets.
If diarrhea is caused by infection, then no antimicrobial drugs and antibiotics should be used. These medicines are prescribed by a doctor.
Whatever the individual treatment method has been chosen, you should always consult a veterinarian, at least by phone. Since improper treatment will cause diarrhea to become chronic, there will be frequent signs of indigestion, there may be various inflammatory processes and much more that is not particularly pleasant for a small pet.
Diarrhea in the kitten( 2 months).Rules for the treatment of pedigree pet
Most people prefer to purchase expensive pedigreed kittens. Everyone knows that mongrel animals or crossbreds are much healthier and rather adapt to changes around.
But with the pedigree it is much more difficult, and when such a kitten has diarrhea, it requires special attention. To cure it, you need to adhere to such rules:
- First of all, to provide him with complete peace, to try to isolate from all others - this applies not only to animals, but also to people.
- After the first signs of diarrhea of a thoroughbred kitten, it is necessary to put on a starving diet for about 10 hours, while drinking is not restricted, but only water.
- When this watch passes, then you can try to feed it a little more and keep on such a half-starved diet for another 12 hours. This food should be light and not heavily loaded stomach.
Food that should be fed to a small pet during illness and some time after it, is:
- boiled natural meat, but only lean, chilled minced into minced meat;
- a little porridge, oatmeal or rice, but viscous, cooked with meat or on a meat broth;
- steeply boiled egg yolk of chicken.
It is undesirable to introduce dairy and sour-milk products, fish, and also artificial forages into the diet of a thoroughbred kitten in the first days after the illness.
When such a kitten returns to his usual diet, then, getting food for him, you need to make sure that he was necessarily marked "for animals with sensitive digestion."