Cryodestruction of the cervix is an effective, painless and reliable procedure for women's health!
One of the most modern and advanced methods of treating cervical diseases is cryodestruction .This term can be translated literally as "destruction by cold."Therefore, we can give a definition: Cryodestruction of the cervix is a modern method of local action on the cervix of liquid nitrogen at low temperatures( -90 -150 degrees) for medical purposes, while the tissues to be removed are destroyed by freezing( cooling).
Cryodestruction of the cervix is the most gentle surgical procedure at this time. Numerous advantages of the cryosurgical method provided its wide use in the treatment of pathological processes and diseases of the cervix.
Advantages of cryodestruction:
1. Painless influence on the cervix, which does not require additional anesthesia, since cooling leads to a rapid disruption of the sensitivity of nerve endings, creating an analgesic effect.
2. The procedure is bloodless, as during cryo-action there is a spasm of blood vessels, thrombosis of microcirculatory bed. Consequently, the area of necrosis during and after the procedure does not bleed.
3. Cryodestruction does not change and does not reduce the elasticity of the cervix, so the opening of the cervix in subsequent births will occur normally, which makes it possible to apply this method to nulliparous women.
4. The possibility of a clear impact on the focus of pathology provides the most minimal damage to surrounding tissues.
5. Cryodestruction of the cervix does not leave scars and scarring.
6. Relative simplicity of the procedure.
7. Prevention of metastasis of neoplasms during and after the procedure.
8. Painless and easily tolerated.
9. Provides a stable effect and complete restoration of this tissue.
10. There are no relapses.
11. There is no need for suturing or complicated care after the operation.
12. The procedure is not lengthy for the duration of the procedure.
13. Do not need a long preoperative preparation.
14. Minimal injury procedure.
15. The rejection of the neoplasm proceeds simultaneously with the replacement of the focus with a healthy tissue.
16. Low risk of complications.
17. Activation of the natural mechanisms of the immune system in the focus of exposure.
The relative disadvantages of the procedure include:
1. Duration of healing of the site of exposure( from 10 to 21 days).
2. It is not always advisable at the time of choosing a method of treatment( too large a size of neoplasms, inaccessibility).
Carrying out the operation
To visualize the boundaries of the lesion, the cervix is treated with Lugol's r-rum with glycerin. Mucous should be moist. Then the warm tip of the pen is pressed against the neck surface in such a way that the lesion is completely covered. If the lesion protrudes beyond the edge of the tip, there is a risk of failure of the operation, and if it protrudes more than 3-5 mm, then the defeat will not be removed. After that, the circulation of the refrigerant is activated, and after a few seconds the tip is already freezing to the neck. The exposure time should be at least 3 minutes( 3 to 5 minutes).At the end of the cryo-exposure, the tip thaws and it is extracted. More rapid thawing can occur by irrigation with an isotonic solution of sodium chloride.
Stages of cryodestruction
1. First, the tissue is frozen with liquid nitrogen. The fabric becomes cold, dense, white, insensitive;this may be accompanied by occasional sensations of slight tingling or burning, minor pain.
2. Within 1-3 hours - collateral edema and hyperemia.
3. Within 6 - 24 hours - the appearance of epidermal blisters( with hemorrhagic or serous contents).
4. Complete rejection of necrosis occurs at 2-6 weeks, leaving a small spot. This also causes epithelialization of the focus and surrounding tissue.
5. From 3 to 6 months there is a restoration of all structures and elements of the dermis, complete regeneration by zones, which corresponds to normal, healthy skin.
Indications for cryodestruction in the field of gynecology:
1. Cervical erosion;
2. cervical cyst;
3. ectopia of the epithelium;
4. chronic cervicitis;
6. Dysplasia( degree 1-2);
7. Condyloma of the vagina, perineum, vulva;
9. papilloma of the vagina or vulva;
10. complex antiresidivnoe treatment of polyps in the cervical canal( after surgical removal of the polyp);
11. Kraurosis and leukoplakia of the vulva;
Contraindications to the procedure:
1. acute or subacute inflammatory diseases of the genital internal organs;
2. inflammatory diseases of the vagina or cervix, purity of the vaginal flora of 3-4 degrees;
4. too obvious cicatricial deformation of the uterus;
5. endometriosis, myoma requiring surgical treatment;
6. grade 3 dysplasia or a suspicion of her cancer;
7. Ovarian tumor;
8. somatic diseases of the decompensation stage;
9. Acute infectious diseases.
Before the procedure, it is necessary to come to consult the to the gynecologist to decide the possibility of carrying out this particular method of treatment. Consultations are conducted: collection of patient complaints and anamnesis, examination of the genitals in the mirrors, after that - sampling of the vaginal discharge on the flora, PCR smear for infections, a Pap smear from the cervix( biopsy according to the indications) and colposcopy.
The results of the examination establish the diagnosis and determine the optimal method of treatment. Cryodestruction of the cervix is usually performed from 7 to 10 days of the cycle.
Cryodestruction of the cervix: feedback from
In the majority of clients respond about this method well, because it has a huge number of advantages( which are indicated above), especially pleasing patients are painlessness, bloodlessness of the procedure, the possibility of application to nulliparous, absence of scars and high efficiency. But there are also negative statements. Usually this is due to poor-quality preoperative examination or shortcomings during the operation( this indicates that it is necessary to do cryo only in reliable clinics).
As we have already understood, with cervical pathologies, an effective and safe method of treatment is cryodestruction of the cervix. The consequences of non-treatment and neglect of such diseases can be deplorable and even lead to oncological diseases. So, treat cervical disease necessarily and be healthy!