The most effective inhalation from dry cough. Review of the best drugs
Catarrhal diseases are often accompanied by a symptom such as dry cough. To get rid of this manifestation resort to the use of various drugs for expectoration and mucolytics. But sometimes the impact of drugs is not sufficient. Many are interested in whether it is possible to do inhalations with a dry cough. This procedure has a high degree of efficiency.
Advantage of inhalation with dry cough
Unlike drugs, which are often used for diseases of the bronchi and lungs, inhalation from dry cough has a direct effect on the muscles and mucous membranes of the respiratory system. Therefore, the procedure causes a rapid dilution of sputum and a significant reduction in spasms.
In what diseases is inhalation recommended?
The administration of inhalations is recommended under the following conditions:
- laryngeal lesion occurring in acute and chronic form;
- diseases of the bronchi and lungs, accompanied by cough( tonsillitis, bronchitis and certain types of pneumonia);
- diseases of a professional nature( laryngitis in pedagogues and singers, bronchitis in people whose work is related to chemical substances, illnesses of miners);
- middle ear disease;
- otitis media;
- disease of maxillary sinuses and nasopharynx;
- viral infections;
- obstructive bronchitis;
- prevention of colds and joints after a respiratory disease.
Inhalation from dry cough is prescribed only by a doctor, especially small children.
There are also a number of contraindications for the procedure:
- elevated body temperature;
- inflammatory process in acute or purulent form;
- bleeding from the nose;
- high pressure indicator;
- heart and vascular disease;
- presence of tuberculosis or emphysema.
Types of inhalations
Inhalations with dry cough at home are carried out with a special nebulizer or steam device. As a remedy used medicines, various herbal preparations or essential oils.
Inhalation by a nebulizer in the presence of a dry cough
Inhalation from dry cough is carried out with the help of special devices - nebulizers. Their work is built on the dispersion of drug molecules by ultrasound or jet compressed air. Using the device is very convenient to carry out procedures for children, if there is a need for frequent manipulation.
Inhalation with a nebulizer can not be carried out uncontrollably. Dosage and frequency of procedures should be determined by the attending physician. Preparations are selected in strictly individual order.
To stop a cough caused by an ordinary cold, inhalations with saline solution will be sufficient, but with more serious damage to the respiratory organs, strong drugs are used.
What drugs are used in nebulizer treatment?
With dry incessant cough, acute respiratory infections, the presence of pharyngitis, tonsillitis, tracheitis and bronchitis, drugs that can suppress the excitability of nerve receptors can be used.
In the absence of contraindications, a 2% solution of Didocaine diluted in equal proportion with saline solution can be used.
In the dry cough phase, the use of Tussamag and Gedelix can also be recommended.
Inhalations with dry cough at home can be carried out using the following:
- Bronchodilators. Usually, such drugs as Salbutomol, Berotek, Berodual, Atrovent are used.
- In severe form of the disease, if there is obstruction in the bronchi, hormone-based drugs are prescribed. They resort to the use of "Pulmicorta", "Prednisolone", etc.
- Antibiotics and antiseptic agents are used to stop bacterial infection. For example, the use of "Fluuimycin", "Gentamycin", "Furacilin" is justified.
- For the purpose of liquefaction and excretion of sputum inhalation with mucolytic agents "Lazolvan", "Ambrobene", "Fluimucil", "Pulmozim" are used. Also used are saline, soda or mineral water. Inhalations using saline and mineral water are used for any form of cough, including with dry form.
- Sputum evacuation requires stimulation. It should become more viscous. For this purpose, mucolytics such as Lazolvan, Ambrobene, Fluimutsil, and ACTS Inject are used.
- Inhalations with dry cough by a nebulizer to children and pregnant women are done using "Petussin" and dry cough medicine. Means are bred in saline.
Usually, after mucolytic inhalation, cough becomes more intense, which is the norm. After sputum discharge, it is recommended to perform inhalation with anti-inflammatory medication. It can be herbal preparations. For example, "Rotokan" is used in the proportion 1:40, "Propolis" in the proportion 1:20 and "Chlorophyllipt" in the proportion 1:10.Also, the use of an antiseptic dioxydin 1%, which is diluted in a proportion of 1: 4, miramistin 1, 01% and antibiotic gentamicin( 4% in ampoules in a 1: 6 ratio) is justified.
When spasms in the bronchi with a dry cough of an allergic nature, bronchial asthma, bronchial obstructions, inhalations are used with such bronchodilator drugs as Berodual, Berotek, Atrovent, Salbumatol. Doses of drugs for inhalation are prescribed only by the doctor in charge.
Inhalations using saline and mineral water can be carried out without a doctor's testimony. They are used as an independent therapy in between the procedures with the use of medicines.
Combination of various drugs with herbs and essential oils
Inhalations in dry cough at home will be more effective if you add essential oil to the nebulizer or inhaler, a decoction of herbs such as plantain, St. John's wort, lime, chamomile, sage.
For the procedure, the same broth is used throughout the day. With each subsequent use it must be heated. Nebulizer should also be applied no more than three times per day. All of its parts should be thoroughly washed with water.
Treatment of dry cough in children
Can I give inhalations for children with dry cough? Cough in children is treated with the same drugs as in adults. In the treatment of children should consult with a doctor about the appropriateness of using a particular tool, as well as the duration of its use.
The presence of dry cough in childhood is much more common, because the child's organism is arranged differently. For the child, any catarrhal disease or hypothermia can cause a dry cough. Therefore, inhalations with eucalyptus oil can be done just for the purpose of prevention.
Possible side effects of
There are few side effects in medicine. Most often they occur when the procedure is incorrect.
It should be noted that some medicines and essential oils added to the solution or nebulizer are not transferred by the body. This can be judged from the state of a person.
- Inhalation should be discontinued immediately, even with a slight increase in body temperature.
- The use of a nebulizer or steam inhalation is possible only with good tolerability of drugs and essential oils. The temperature of the solution itself should not be more than 80º C.
- Steam inhalations are not recommended for skin diseases, as steam can aggravate her condition.
- It is extremely important to conduct a proper examination with a pulmonologist in order to avoid the appearance of a tumor in the area of the bronchi or enlargement of the lymph nodes. It is likely that dry cough is caused by pulmonary fibrosis or congestive heart failure. Such diseases can lead to deplorable results, and inhalation with them is contraindicated.
Types of inhalation according to the physical state of substances
- Teplyvazhnaya. It is very popular, it helps to moisten the mucous membrane of the respiratory organs and in parallel to ensure its heating, dilution and removal of accumulated mucus from the bronchi. For this purpose, alkaline solutions, antibiotics, hormonal preparations, decoctions and herbal infusions are used. The duration of such inhalation is 10 minutes.
- Steam. It is easily carried out at home. To this end, it is sufficient to put a paper funnel on the tip of a teapot with a hot decoction of medicinal herbs or preparations. The steam can be breathed through the mouth or nose.
- Another type of steam inhalation at home is the preparation of a hot solution, which is poured into a convenient container. The head is covered with a towel or sheet. A person must breathe over the capacity. This inhalation heals the mucous membrane of the respiratory organs, promotes better blood flow to the bronchi and lungs, optimizes metabolic processes and can stop painful sensations.
Recipes for steam inhalations
Many people are interested in what to do inhalation with a dry cough for a couple.
There are a number of ways:
- Use of mineral water such as "Narzana" or "Borjomi".It is heated to 50 ° C.
- Salt solution. Take 1 tsp.sea or table salt and is bred in 2 glasses of water. Cooking salt is a natural antiseptic that kills most bacteria. The solution moisturizes the respiratory system, promotes the sputum.
- Physiological saline is suitable for all types of inhalations. It can be applied to the child, starting from the earliest age. Its use is shown with dry cough of an allergic nature. The product is diluted in hot water in equal proportions.
- With a dry cough, you can do inhalation with novocaine. Take one ampoule per liter of boiled water. The procedure takes 5 minutes. Instead of novocaine, lidocaine or dicaine can be used.
- One of the simplest and most effective procedures is the administration of inhalation using alkali. To this end, 0.5 hours of a spoonful of soda is dissolved in 200 ml of hot water.
- Inhalations using essential oils are based on 0.5 liters of hot water on 1-2 drops of eucalyptus, fir, menthol or tea tree oil. Do not drip more than four drops of oil. The duration of the procedure should be 5 minutes. Inhalations based on essential oils are an excellent means for getting rid of dry cough, promote softening of the mucous membrane of the airways, relieve puffiness. Due to their healing properties they can remove inflammation and exert an expectorant effect.
- With a dry cough, a solution of such medicinal herbs as sage, calendula linden, St. John's wort, etc., is of great use.
- Inhalation with the use of onion or garlic is highly effective.
- In boiled water can dissolve one st.l.honey.
- In herbal infusion for steam inhalation, you can add essential oil( eucalyptus, fir, pine, mint) or a little "Asterisk" balm. You can also add a tablet of "Validol".
What should I know about steam inhalations?
- With their help, you can hardly achieve significant therapeutic effect. This procedure can only bring temporary relief.
- Particles of matter are large enough. They do not penetrate into the lower respiratory organs. Steam inhalation is more likely to affect the nasopharynx.
- Inhalation with dry cough in a child is not advised to be carried out over steam, as it is very difficult to accurately control its temperature.
- In case of steam inhalation, the use of medicinal products is prohibited, since most of them are simply destroyed by heating.
Basic rules for inhalation
Do inhalations with dry cough without some precautions? Such an action is not advisable, as it can harm your health.
There are a number of rules:
- A drug solution should be prepared immediately before the procedure.
- Inhalation should be performed no earlier than an hour after eating in comfortable clothing that does not constrain the thorax.
- Do not go into cold air or smoke.
- Inhalation of the solution should be done through the mouth and make a slow exhalation through the nose.
- The course of treatment includes no more than ten procedures, which are repeated every 3-4 hours. If necessary, the interval can be reduced to 1-2 hours during the day.
- After each use, the nebulizer parts should be thoroughly rinsed. All solutions for treatment should be sterile. Before using drugs, they are recommended to warm to room temperature.
- The procedure is performed one and a half hours after a meal. Breathing should be in a relaxed state, focusing on the process.
- It should not be performed if there are pathologies such as heart failure, bleeding, high blood pressure and body temperature above 37.5 ° C.
- All medications used in a nebulizer are used in the form of drug solutions. They are diluted in a physiological solution also produced at a pharmaceutical company. As a rule, the proportion of breeding for adults is 1: 1, and for children the ratio is 1: 2, but it is better to clarify this nuance from the attending physician.
- In the nebulizer you can not independently prepare infusions of medicinal herbs, essential oils, powders and tablets.
- If a number of drugs are prescribed, then it is advisable to use them with an interval of 10-15 minutes in the following order: bronchodilator, an expectorant, and after spitting, an anti-inflammatory agent.
In compliance with all the rules of the procedure, dry cough inhalation has a high degree of effectiveness.
Dry cough is eliminated by inhalation. This procedure has a high degree of efficiency. It is conducted over a steam or using a special nebulizer apparatus. Drugs, dosage and duration of treatment are determined by the attending physician. When performing the inhalation, a number of rules should be followed, without which the procedure will not have the proper therapeutic effect.