Naftalan oil for psoriasis: treatment and reviews
Does naftalan oil help with psoriasis? The answer to this medical question will be presented in the materials of this article. Also, it will indicate the properties of this tool, its features and methods of application.
Its unusual name for naphthalan oil was derived from the word "naphtha".According to the experts, naftalan has unique properties, due to which it is actively used in the treatment of more than 75 different diseases, including the musculoskeletal and nervous system, the skin, andalso female and male pathologies.
It should also be noted that naphthalan oil significantly accelerates the resorption of inflammatory processes, improves blood circulation and metabolism, eliminates pain symptoms.
Description of substance
What is Naftalan oil? The substance in question is a syrup-like thick black, black-brown or brown liquid with a pronounced greenish tinge that has a specific oil smell. Also, said agent has an acidic reaction, a high viscosity and a specific gravity.
Where is Naftalan oil produced? Its field is located in Azerbaijan, 325 km from Baku.
This substance is used in dermatological practice since the end of the 19th century. Today it is used with great success in the treatment of psoriasis.
Oil naphthalan refined is a substance that is complex in composition. Its active ingredients are saturated naphthenic cyclic hydrocarbons. Their content in the means under consideration is 55-70%.
One can not help saying that this substance includes other components, including:
- naphthenic acids;
- aromatic hydrocarbons, including benzene derivatives;
- trace elements such as zinc, manganese, boron, cobalt, lithium, copper, iodine, molybdenum, bromine and rubidium;
- mineral oils;
- active resins;
- sulfur compounds.
What are the properties of naphthalan oil? Experts say that the therapeutic effect of this remedy is due to the presence of naphthenic hydrocarbons in it. They are very similar to hormones, but they are not. Due to such a feature, the product under consideration does not contribute to the development of addiction, nor does it provoke the occurrence of side effects.
According to the instructions, this drug has a multi-faceted therapeutic effect on the human body:
- eliminates pain;
- promotes elimination of inflammatory processes;
- increases immunity;
- expands blood vessels;
- has antibacterial effect;
- protects the skin from the negative effects of ultraviolet rays;
- improves lung ventilation;
- stimulates metabolism;
- increases hemoglobin;
- accelerates the repair of damaged tissues;
- promotes the best work of the adrenal cortex and the production of hormones;
- reduces blood coagulation.
Efficacy of the agent for psoriasis
The use of the substance in question in psoriasis is due to its following properties:
- Locally anesthetizing. By increasing the threshold sensitivity by 5 or 6 times, this drug eliminates pain syndromes caused by skin diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory. The use of this agent helps to reduce exudation and enhance phagocytic activity. Also, this substance causes regression of psoriatic elements and their resorption, reduces the area of the affected surface and reduces the severity of clinical symptoms of psoriasis.
- Stimulating. Owing to the acceleration of metabolic processes and the improvement of trophism in the human body, keratinization is normalized, and the uniformity of the distribution of Langerhans cells in the skin is restored.
- Immunocorrective. The use of naphthalan oil contributes to the elimination of disturbances in the work of the human immune system and the reduction in the blood level of immunoglobulins of all classes.
Features of the tool used in psoriasis
Naftalan oil stimulates the work of the sebaceous glands, as well as the growth of hair bulbs and semi-barren cells of the epithelium. A small concentration of this agent has keratoplastic properties, and at high it exhibits an exfoliating effect.
Naftalan promotes the growth of collagen fibers and accelerates the formation of the granulation shaft.
Due to the viscous and oily structure, the substance under consideration is easily applied to the skin and absorbed very quickly.
The manufacturer of this product is Skipofit.
Naftalan oil: the way of application of
With the expressed development of psoriasis, doctors recommend the combined use of naphthalene with paraffin. To do this, the patient must take a soap, soda or sulfur bath, then lubricate all lesions with sulfur naphthalanic or naphthalanic ointment, and then apply paraffin lining.
For the treatment of skin diseases, it is possible to use pure naphthalan oil. For this it is recommended to use applications. Before the procedure, the oil substance is heated to 38 degrees, and then applied to the affected skin and covered with a polyethylene film. The duration of such application is 15-25 minutes. After the procedure, the oil is removed from the skin with a dry cloth and rinsed off with warm water.
How else is Naftalan oil used? Treatment with this drug can include the use of phonophoresis, inductothermy, and DMV therapy.
Side effect of
According to the instructions, after the first procedures in patients, itching and reddening of the skin may increase. As a rule, such symptoms pass independently during further treatment.
It should also be noted that in some patients, after application of oil, dry skin and folliculitis occur.
Reviews on the treatment of
A large number of patients using naphthalan oil in psoriasis claim that the product effectively copes with its direct task. After naftalan applications, many users refuse to take antipsoriatic tablets and use similar ointments.
As for negative consumer feedback, they often contain information about the fact that this drug is very difficult to use. In addition, it is quite problematic to get into the usual pharmacies.
Also very many people report that during the first days of treatment with Naftalan oil their condition significantly worsens, but after a while it again normalizes.