Thyroid hormone thyroid: normal and abnormal
In order to understand how the hormonal system of the body is arranged, it is necessary to understand some of the nuances of human physiology. In comparison with internal organs, for example, the digestive tract, digestion, the heart or the brain, touching the touch and say exactly under what rib it is, you can not. The hormonal system is the subtlest delicate structure. However, a minimal malfunction in her work can lead to a number of health problems.
What is the "hormone TTG"?
The production of hormones and control over their full functioning in the human body is the main task of the thyroid gland. This system of internal secretion predetermines the implementation of a variety of natural processes. Any violation in the thyroid gland, associated with the nature of the performance of hormones or their produced quantity, can be fixed while conducting appropriate diagnostics.
The hormone TTG, produced by the thyroid gland, is produced by the pituitary gland, or rather, its anterior lobe. The purpose of this substance, in fact, is the management and coordination of thyroid gland functions. Just like any other thyroid hormone, TSH( thyroid-stimulating hormone) affects the hormonal balance of the body as a whole by affecting T3 and T4.These substances are also produced by the thyroid gland.
The value of passing the blood test to the thyroid-stimulating thyroid hormone
In the case when the thyroid hormone TSH is elevated, this indicates that the level of T3 and T4 in the body is too low. Such indicators can talk about the development of a pathology called "hypothyroidism."The process of its occurrence is conditioned by these hormones of the thyroid gland. TSH is lowered in the event that the functioning of the main producing organ is directly proportional. Disturbances in the thyroid gland are fraught with serious complications in the vital activity of the whole organism.
Blood test for thyroid hormones TSH is extremely important in the process of diagnostic examination of the body. When drawing conclusions and making a diagnosis, this indicator is taken into account as the determining factor, since it is he who is able to react quickly to the slightest pathological change. While T3 and T4 have not yet reacted to the presence of certain markers in the blood, the thyroid hormone TSH has already demonstrated with its lightning-fast reaction about the detected malfunctions in the hormonal system.
When is this diagnostic required?
In order for a doctor to send a patient for this type of diagnostic study, there must be good reasons. Indications for the procedure are as follows:
- exception or confirmation of hyper- or hypothyroidism;
- specification of the diagnosis concerning the pathology of the thyroid gland or related organs and systems;
- control of the recovery process in order to timely identify the need for adjustments in treatment;
- receiving the results of an additional stimulating test;
- timely management of T4 suppression present in the so-called cold node and goiter.
Periodic examination on TTG - a pledge of timely treatment of
In addition, many other problems with the most important for the human body systems can reveal this particular analysis of thyroid hormones. TSH in patients who have undergone surgical intervention or who have chronic diseases should be under the constant supervision of a specialist. The answers of this analysis clearly reflect the state of the thyroid gland.
In the case of detecting any major changes at the initial stage or identifying current dysfunctional processes in the organ and at an early start of treatment, the patient's chances for complete recovery increase severalfold. In order to avoid complications and take appropriate measures to prevent the deterioration of the patient's condition, it is necessary to regularly perform a control TTG test.
Preparation for analysis of
Ignore the need for putting this simple test on thyroid hormone TSH is highly undesirable. After all, a procedure that is simple in the technique of execution, is capable of giving a detailed informative answer. In the struggle for the health of a patient with thyroid problems, an enormous role is played by this analysis on thyroid hormones TSH.The rate of its indicators makes it possible to verify the patient's satisfactory condition.
Before taking a blood test for the detection of a hormone TSH, it is advisable to follow certain rules unswervingly.
Adhering to the advice given by doctors about passing the hormone balance test, the patient will be able to exclude as much as possible the possibility of receiving untrue information in the analysis results.
The basic rules that must be observed before passing the test
So, what should you do to get the thyroid hormone thyroid hormone test right?
- You need to go through the research on an empty stomach. Use only pure running water. For 8-10 hours before passing the diagnosis, it is desirable not to eat anything.
- Analysis should be preceded by a diet. Refusal of fatty, smoked, fried, spicy and sour products will avoid probable distortion of research results.
- A few days before the clinical diagnosis, it is important to completely eliminate alcoholic beverages, regardless of the strength.
- Do not exercise and do not overdo it with power. At least a week before the examination, it is important to exclude any physical exercises.
- Also for a couple of weeks before the laboratory diagnosis of blood, it is necessary to exclude as far as possible any medications. If the current course of therapy is in no case interruptable or without the use of drugs, a serious malfunction in the work of the whole organism will occur, before passing the procedure it is necessary to give the doctor the entire list of medications taken. Because they are potentially capable of influencing blood test data, specialists always try to take them into account.
Why should you specially prepare for the study?
In addition, the recent results of radiography, ultrasound, can distort the results of the survey. Elevated levels of TSH( thyroid hormone) can provoke stressful situations. Nervousness, unrest, frustration - all this contributes to the intensive release of chemicals in the body.
With a responsible and qualitative approach to the procedure, the result of a blood test for the level of thyroid-stimulating hormone will correspond to the real picture of the patient's health. Due to accurate information, it is possible to timely carry out preventive measures to prevent thyroid diseases or start treatment of an already existing progressive pathology. In some patients, such restrictions can cause a lot of indignation, but in order to obtain reliable data on the condition of the body, desires and ambitions should be neglected. Only in this way will it be possible to avoid putting a second analysis.
How to decipher the analysis on TTG - norm or rate or not?
As a rule, a test-test on TSH is considered mandatory for patients with disorders in the body associated with the functioning of the thyroid gland. Surgical treatment of this body in the past is also a direct indication for the regular delivery of the analysis. In order to properly decipher the analysis and determine whether the level of hormones being clarified is normal, or if there are abnormalities in the blood, the endocrinologist relies on several fundamental points.
First, the male and female parameters of thyroid-stimulating hormone should normally differ from each other. At representatives of the weaker sex it can essentially exceed values which in the analysis of a blood at men reflect hormones of a thyroid gland( TTG).The norm in women is about 4.2, while in men the indicator rarely exceeds 3.5.However, this is not the limit. During pregnancy, hormones of the thyroid gland can also increase. TTG( the norm in women allows you to determine the degree of increase in the concentration of substances in the blood) in expectant mothers sometimes reaches 4.7.
What determines the level of thyroid-stimulating hormone in the blood?
In addition, the thyroid-stimulating hormone in the body can change its concentration depending on many features due to biorhythm, age, the presence of other chronic diseases, etc. When preparing an anamnesis it is extremely important to provide the specialist with detailed information on this issue.
To make objective conclusions from the test results and predict the further development of events, a highly qualified doctor is capable. He can clearly answer questions about certain indicators in the analysis, whether they are the norm, or serve as direct evidence of serious disorders in the body.
Often, patients try to decipher the testimony of the thyroid hormone TSH test themselves. False conclusions and experiences of benefit have not yet brought to anyone, so interpret the testimony of the analysis better to the doctor.
Causes of elevated TSH
In the event of a deviation from the results, urgent measures must be taken urgently. It is necessary to understand, whether there is a threat to health if the hormone of a thyroid gland( TTG) is raised. What to do in this case, depends on the cause, which provoked an increase in its concentration in the blood. The main factors that contribute to this:
- are individual forms of thyroiditis;
- post-surgical syndrome in the case of complete removal of the thyroid gland or its individual lobe;
- benign or malignant pituitary formation;
- oncology of the thyroid gland;
- cancers of the breast, lungs or other organs;
- malfunctioning of the adrenal glands;
- a complicated degree of toxicosis on a long gestation period;
- absence of gallbladder due to removal;
- mental and physical diseases.
How does the increase in thyroid stimulating hormone manifest itself?
Numerous manifestations of such disorders are difficult to distinguish by a separate group of characteristic symptoms.
Signs of increased hormone TSH in the body are:
- apathetic condition, lethargy, general weakness;
- disturbances of the "sleep-wake" cycle;
- inhibition of reaction, delayed thinking;
- psychoemotional disorders, not manifested before( hysterics, moodiness, irritability);
- a fast set of body weight with almost completely absent appetite;
- nausea, vomiting;
- body swelling;
- reduced body temperature.
Low blood test for TSH: causes of
With reduced thyroid-stimulating hormone also urgent action should be taken, as this condition also indicates the presence of problems in the patient's body:
- benign thyroid;
- Plummer's disease;
- Shihan syndrome;
- decrease in the pituitary gland;
- strongest emotional stress;
- incorrect and uncontrolled intake of medications;
- fasting or significant dietary restrictions( due to lack of sufficient calories in strict diets, including single-component ones).
Symptoms with a low level of thyroid-stimulating hormone
With a reduced level of TSH, the patient usually has an increase in blood pressure, subfebrile temperature. A rapid heartbeat, trembling limbs, or the entire body are also signs of a decreased level of thyroid-stimulating hormone in the blood.
Strong headaches in this case is not uncommon, and they often lead to mental disorders, malfunctioning of the digestive system. In this case, a person may have an unnatural appetite.
Treatment of disorders caused by a deficiency or excess TSH
Given the presence or absence of characteristic symptoms, the attending physician will prescribe the correct specific treatment. Do not take any medication yourself categorically. The consequences of unreasonable medication can be the most disastrous.
In the case of an increase in the thyroid-stimulating hormone, its synthetic analog or T4 is used. Doses and the duration of the treatment course are established by a specialist, since each patient has a sensitivity to the actions of drugs of this type is individual. Dangerous disorders and failures in the functioning of other organs and systems are the result of arbitrary treatment. An effective method of controlling the hormonal system in the human body is the systematic passage of the examination. This is the only way to take appropriate measures in time to prevent or treat the disease.