What can you eat with heartburn? Diet for heartburn - proper nutrition
Heartburn suffers from an unpleasant consequence of eating. Most experts agree that its appearance becomes the main symptom of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Heartburn most often occurs after consuming fatty, fried, spicy, excessively salty foods. It can become a kind of response of the human body to seemingly quite innocuous food products, for example, coffee, tea, tomatoes, onions and others.
Understand the causes of
Before moving on to the main topic of the article and understanding what you can eat with heartburn, you want to focus a little on the disease itself. So, a person notices an unpleasant burning sensation in the area of the esophagus, which is a consequence of the contact of the contents of the stomach with the mucosa of the esophageal tube. The consequences of heartburn can be quite disappointing: often it will mark the development of tumors, inflammation, erosion. That's why you should not ignore the symptoms, especially if they start to take on a regular nature.
The main causes of heartburn include:
- chronic diseases - gastritis, stomach ulcer;
- defensiveness of the esophagus mucosa before exposure to acids;
- individual intolerance of certain products, causing a similar reaction;
- excessive physical activity.
Heartburn can have unfortunate consequences, which is why burning, discomfort in the esophagus area certainly is not worth leaving without due attention. If you follow a diet, you can bring your stomach and intestines back to normal.
The basic principles of the diarrhea for heartburn
The goal of any diet is not only to minimize painful sensations, but also to eliminate them, ensuring the normal functioning of the vital processes of the body. In this case, it is necessary to "extinguish" the flame that has flared in the esophagus, and get rid of unpleasant symptoms. And all this is able to make a diet for heartburn. Proper nutrition for heartburn is based on the basic laws:
- fractional food - try to take food 5-6 times a day in small portions;
- does not overeat - in the stomach should never be heaviness, eat just as much as you need, it is better to leave the table with a slight feeling of hunger;
- rejection of late meals;
- calmness at meal time - it is not necessary to eat, as if you are driven by a pack of wolves, this is a huge stress for your body, which can provoke the appearance of heartburn;
- activity after each meal - it is not necessary after a dense lunch or dinner immediately to occupy a horizontal position, but also to exhaust yourself with physical exertion - extreme, it is better to stand up and walk like a calm step for 35-40 minutes;
- rejection of bad habits and harmful products - if you want to be healthy, take care of your longevity, give up smoking, alcohol, try to minimize the consumption of fried, fatty, salty and spicy. Changes in well-being will not take long;
- replacing animal fats with vegetable.
Want to know what helps with heartburn? The secret of cooking for people suffering from such unpleasant symptoms has long been the shame of food. What is it?
So, try to cook your favorite dishes for a couple, and immediately before use, grind them. Refuse all products that provoke the appearance of heartburn, replace from less dangerous analogs. And finally, give up the thermal irritant of the mucous membrane - in this case hot food and, on the contrary, the excessively chilled dishes, for example, cold snacks, ice-cream with ice.
What can be eaten with heartburn? At last we have got close and to this question. Contrary to the established stereotype, there are quite a few products that have a positive effect on the mucosa of the esophagus and stomach, show a neutralizing effect and help relieve inflammation and pain. Such products include:
- Dairy products( not subject to fermentation) - milk for heartburn - a real medicine, one of the most useful products that you need to include in your diet. Low-fat rustic milk envelops the walls of the stomach and esophagus, relieves inflammation, soothes, has an enveloping effect. You can use cottage cheese with a high fat content, as well as cottage cheese. Kefir for heartburn - the topic is quite interesting. Most experts agree that in small amounts kefir even helps the body to fight burning. Kefir - an excellent remedy to calm the bloated stomach, relieve pain, with its help you can cope with overeating.
- Oatmeal. What helps with heartburn? Oatmeal porridge for breakfast. Mucous substances, with which this croup is enriched, envelop the walls of the stomach. Oatmeal retains a sense of satiety for a long time, does not provoke an increase in acidity. You can add milk to the croup for heartburn - in this case you combine the useful properties of these products.
- Bread - for people suffering from heartburn, it is useful only for unleavened bread. A perfect example is lavash, it can be included in the diet. If we talk about traditional bread with yeast, this is definitely not your option. He starts the process of fermentation in the stomach, accompanied by the release of acid, which leads to burning.
- Flaxseed oil - oil for heartburn, obtained from flax seeds, perfectly envelops the walls of the stomach, soothes it, removes pain. It can be added to salads, garnishes and take on a tablespoon on an empty stomach.
- Banana - this tropical fruit is enriched with the content of useful vitamins and microelements. If you do not know what you can eat with heartburn, you not only do not harm the bananas, but also help your body. It contains almost no acids, which can provoke a burning sensation in the stomach. Due to the beautiful enveloping properties of the banana will help neutralize the pain and calm the irritated walls of the stomach.
- Vegetables cooked by steaming or by extinguishing are allowed in any quantity. This is an excellent version of the garnish for those who suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Vegetable soups, low-fat broth - the stomach of each of us needs liquid food.
Perhaps, this is the most proper diet for heartburn. Proper nutrition with heartburn is a pledge of pleasant well-being, so do not neglect its basics.
Prohibited products of
There is nothing surprising that you can not eat foods that should be abandoned by those who suffer from heartburn. First of all, it is:
- Fruits and vegetables with high acidity - this group includes apples, citrus fruits, kiwi, plums, currants, strawberries, tomatoes. All these products repeatedly increase the level of acid in the stomach, so their use is strictly prohibited.
- Yeast bread.
- Sharp dishes - it is necessary to refuse dishes with pepper, mustard. These are aggressive foods for the stomach and intestines, which can lead to a burn of mucous, sharp pains.
- Canned food - fish in various sauces, pickled mushrooms, cucumbers, squash caviar and others. Refuse these products, negatively affecting the irritated mucosa of the esophagus.
- Fast food - this group includes pastries, highly carbonated drinks, chips, crackers. They do not carry any benefit, on the contrary, they have a disastrous effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract and digestive system.
- Smoked meats, coffee and chocolate - these products are placed in one group only because they help relax the sphincter opening the access of acid to the mucosa of the esophagus. Honey for heartburn will be a worthy alternative to sugar and will replace chocolate.
This is it, nutrition for heartburn. The menu, as we see, can be very diverse. It is better to combine useful products with each other. We have prepared for you an approximate menu to prove that nutrition for heartburn can not only be balanced, useful, but also delicious.
Oatmeal porridge cooked on milk is the best option for breakfast. You can replace it with millet, semolina, rice - it does not matter. If porridge is not enough, you can add tea with a sandwich of pita bread and any curd cheese. Remember that breakfast should be dense, oatmeal copes with this task perfectly.
As a morning snack, a glass of milk or kefir is perfect, but for a snack, you can choose a fruit, for example, a banana or a snack with a sandwich bread with avocado and curd cheese.
Vegetable soup with low acidity, chicken broth - the perfect solution for lunch. Add soup can be a small piece of low-fat boiled meat( breast), and as a side dish to use pasta from durum wheat, vegetables, all seafood lovers can replace meat or poultry with non-fat fish.
Dinner should be fairly easy: you remember one of the basic rules of nutrition for heartburn? Cottage cheese with nuts and dried fruits will be enough. If you can not cope with the feeling of hunger, you can boil a small piece of breast and complement it with a salad of fresh vegetables.
You can drink a glass of kefir or milk before going to bed - so you will calm the walls of the stomach.
We hope that the theme was covered from all sides: "What can be eaten with heartburn, what products should I refuse?"Eat right, help your body.