Sinus-lifting: use for implantation of teeth. Types, indications, possible complications
Implantation of teeth is a very common operation that is performed in the absence of one or more of the bones in the mouth. However, in some cases it is very difficult to make it without osteoplasty. In most cases, the doctor will offer the patient to perform a sinus-lifting. The use of this procedure for implantation of teeth is necessary if the patient's own bone tissue is not enough.
Features of the jaw structure
So, sinus lifting( use for implantation of teeth on the upper and lower jaws has some differences) is necessary in order to increase the amount of bone tissue for fixing the implant.
Most often the procedure is applied in the upper part of the oral cavity. The fact is that the bones here are airborne, since they form the maxillary sinus. Its lower wall is very thin and is located just in the place where the roots of the teeth of the upper jaw are located. Such a structure does not allow a person to put metal implants, since they will not be securely fixed.
Sinus-lifting, the price of which will be indicated below, is made by moving the bones of the maxillary sinus and filling the formed space with synthetic bone material. After this you will be able to install a longer and sturdy implant.
Advantages and disadvantages of the operation
Before the procedure, it is necessary to make an appointment with the dentist and find out all its advantages. So, it has such advantages:
- It is possible to restore any number of teeth. In this case, you do not have to use a removable denture.
- Powerful root-shaped implants can last much longer than thin ones. Therefore, your design will last much longer in the oral cavity.
- There is a possibility of combining different types of prostheses and implants. This, in turn, is an important parameter from an aesthetic point of view.
- Sinus-lifting( the use of this procedure for implantation of teeth should be approved by the attending physician) allows you to get rid of the feeling of discomfort after installing the prosthesis.
- The procedure provides a qualitative increase in bone tissue, even if it remains very little.
However, there are some disadvantages:
- The recovery period after such an operation is long enough.
- Due to improper operation, inflammation may occur.
- If a nasal sinus has been accidentally damaged, it can provoke various chronic diseases of the nasopharynx.
- Immediately after the operation, the patient is prohibited from doing any work. For example, flights on an airplane, long trips. After such a buildup of the bone can not even sneeze.
Indications for use
If you want to apply sinus lifting, the use of the presented procedure for implanting the teeth must be approved by the doctor. And for this you must have certain indications:
- The absence of any pathologies, inflammatory foci or insurmountable defects in the area where the intervention will be performed.
- The patient should not have any problems that during the course of or after the operation can cause complications.
- Availability of the necessary amount of bone tissue, which will be needed for the primary fixation of implants inside the bone.
As you can see, sinus lifting( use when implanting teeth should be justified) is a complex procedure that delivers some discomfort to the patient. However, in some cases, it is indispensable.
Sinus-lifting( the procedure costs approximately 12 000-25 000 rub.) In some cases can not be done. There are such contraindications to the operation:
- ENT pathologies, which are in acute stage of development.
- Immunity disorders.
- . Oncological diseases.
- Low blood coagulation.
- Inflammatory disease or too low placement of the maxillary sinus.
- Problems with the functionality of the cardiovascular system.
- Chronic rhinitis.
As you can see, the operation of sinus-lifting can not be performed always. Therefore, before making a decision, you should consult a doctor and undergo a thorough examination.
Kinds of sine-lifting
Each new patient is an individual case that requires its own approach. Therefore, one and the same type of operation can not be used. Now you know what a sine-lifting is when implanting teeth. Then you will have an opportunity to consider types of surgery. There are only two of them:
- Open sine lifting. In this case, the introduction of synthetic bone tissue is made through the lateral axillary walls. Such an operation is considered more complicated. Open sine-lifting provides fixation of the implant only after 4-6 months. During this time, bone tissue should settle down.
- Closed sinus lifting. This method of bone building is more sparing, therefore it is practiced more often. The necessary synthetic material is introduced through a specially made hole. It is formed as a result of cutting the gums and bone tissue. In this case, the implant can be installed on the same day.
As you can see, closed sine-lifting is more preferable and safe. Although in this case, by negligence, you can put the infection inside.
To work, specialists usually use such material: autogenous or lyophilized laminated demineralized bone, "Collateip", and also resorbable cellulose.
What complications can occur?
The presented procedure is in most cases necessary. However, an experienced surgeon must conduct it. Otherwise, you may have such complications:
- Inflammatory disease of the maxillary sinus, which is accompanied by headaches, general weakness, the appearance of purulent discharge.
- Infection of infections during surgery.
- Weak fixation of the implant, which leads to its gradual loosening.
- Inflammation of bone tissue.
- Chronic sinusitis or other pathologies of the nose or throat.
- Damage to the membrane of the maxillary sinus.
- Severe bleeding, which can occur during and after surgery. If a person has poor blood coagulation, then it will be difficult to stop it.
- Disturbance of fluid outlet from bone.
- Development of the oroanthral fistula.
Do not be afraid of all these complications. If you are engaged in a qualified doctor, the risk of their occurrence becomes negligible.
How to eliminate complications?
However, if you did not manage to avoid bad consequences, you need to eliminate them so that the embedded material remains intact. First of all, it is necessary to determine what kind of complication develops in the patient. For this, an external examination is carried out, as well as hardware diagnostics - radiography.
If the nature of the complication is contagious, the patient surrenders the assays that allow to identify the pathogen and prescribe the appropriate antiviral or antibacterial agent. If the inflammatory process can not be stopped in this way, cleaning of the treated area is often carried out.
Preparing for and performing the operation
So, before the sinus lifting( feedback about it is positive and negative), it is necessary to prepare for it. The doctor is obliged to conduct a full examination of the patient in order to exclude the presence of factors in which the operation is impossible. At this stage, verification of the maxillary sinuses is performed. This is done by X-ray examination.
The examination provides an opportunity to determine if there is inflammatory processes or hidden infectious foci in the place of future treatment;bone height;consider the anatomical structure of the sinuses in each particular case.
Naturally, before using the presented procedure, the doctor must eliminate all found diseases of the oral cavity: caries, gum inflammation and others. If there is at least the slightest risk of complications, the operation should not be carried out.
The intervention itself consists of several steps:
- Carrying out a cut that will stretch from the distal hillock inside the mouth to the canine region. This will make it possible to expose the lateral wall of the sinus. During cutting, the treated area should be well watered.
- Drill small perforations in the bone tissue along the upper cut line. At this stage, work should be done as carefully as possible, so that the mucous membrane of the maxillary sinus is not damaged.
- Breaking of the bone and flaking of the mucous membrane along the perimeter of the treated area. At this stage a person should breathe in and out with his nose several times. This will give an opportunity to know if the mucous membrane is damaged.
- Placement of bone material. In this case, the doctor must ensure that the distribution is uniform in all planes.
What should be done during the rehabilitation period?
After the intervention, the wound heals for at least a week. However, even for 4 weeks after surgery, the patient must follow certain rules that will contribute to successful rehabilitation:
- Do not make sharp turns, inclinations or physical efforts that can increase pressure on the area of the maxillary sinus.
- Sneezing should be with your mouth open, and blowing your nose is prohibited at all.
- On the stairs, climb very carefully( preferably this time to spend alone).
- Do not descend under the water or flights on an airplane.
- Do not take too hard, cold or hot food.
After completion of the rehabilitation period, you can make an appointment with the dentist. He will check if you are all right, and will perform the implantation procedure. Good luck!