"Nandrolone decanoate": description, instruction, reviews of athletes
How does Nandrolone Decanoate work? Reviews about this tool you can find at the very end of the article. Also you will learn about the form in which this medication is made, how it should be used, whether it has contraindications, analogs and side reactions.
Composition, description, packaging and form
"Nandrolone Decanoate" is sold as an oily solution for injection. A transparent preparation of white color is issued in ampoules of 10 pieces in a carton. Its active substance is nandrolone. As auxiliary components, isopropyl and benzyl alcohols, as well as sunflower oil, are used.
What is the drug "Nandrolone Decanoate"?The instruction says that this is a drug related to prolonged-release anabolic steroids. After receipt of the drug in the systemic blood stream, it interacts with receptor proteins that are located on the surface of target organs. As a result, a complex compound is formed.
This medication is capable of stimulating the synthesis of ribonucleic and deoxyribonucleic acids, enhancing tissue respiration and phosphorylation in the muscles. As a result of this influence, the muscle mass of a person increases, as well as his fat deposits are actively burned.
The drug intake promotes the accumulation of ATP and creatine phosphate, which accelerates the growth of male genital organs and stimulates the formation of secondary sexual characteristics.
Properties of the drug
What are the properties of the drug Nandrolone Decanoate? The description attached to the drug indicates that it is able to stimulate spermatogenesis, sexual and sebaceous male glands.
Within a week after the onset of injections, anabolic effect is actively manifested. Reparative processes are activated in the integumentary and glandular epithelium, as well as in muscles and bones. In addition, the completeness and the rate of absorption of amino acids from the small intestine increases. This effect is especially noticeable when you use protein foods.
Due to the treatment with this drug, synthesis of K-dependent clotting factors in the liver tissues is disrupted. Lipid parameters of blood also change.
Because of the reabsorption of sodium and liquid in the kidneys, this remedy often causes swelling.
After intramuscular injection of 100 mg of an oily solution, its highest concentration in the blood is observed after a lapse of 7-12 days. Biological availability of the drug is 100%.
In the body, the drug is metabolized in the liver with the formation of 17-ketosteroids. Removal of the drug is carried out together with urine and feces. The half-life period is 7 days.
Indications for use
What is the prescription for the drug Nandrolone Decanoate? This remedy is effective in:
- anemia, which occurs against a background of kidney disease, myelosclerosis, myelofibrosis and myeloid aplasia of the bone marrow;
- for diabetic retinopathy;
- Verdnig-Hoffman syndrome;
- inoperable mammary carcinoma( in women), after ovariectomy and in the post-menopausal period.
It should also be noted that this medication is used for:
- elimination of anemia, which was caused by metastases from malignant tumors, various drugs and heavy metal salts;
- increases catabolism and generation rate in chronic infectious diseases, as well as after severe injuries, surgeries and with steroid myopathy;
- elimination of hypocalcemia in postmenopausal and senile osteoporosis, and after treatment with SCS;
- stimulates the growth of children with a lack of growth hormone.
Among other things, this remedy is often prescribed to people with progressive muscular dystrophy.
Contraindications to use
The drug "Nandrolone Decanoate" is contraindicated for use in the following conditions:
- for ischemia;
- for allergy to the active substance;
- during breastfeeding;
- to people with prostatic hypertrophy or carcinoma;
- during pregnancy;
- for malignant tumors of mammary glands in men;
- to people with severe atherosclerosis;
- to women with carcinoma of the mammary gland, including hypercalcemia;
- with a tendency to edema due to heart failure, and also because of acute or chronic kidney and liver diseases( in nephritis);
- people suffering from alcoholism, as well as patients with alcoholic damage to the kidneys, liver or heart.
How to take Nandrolone Decanoate?
The course of treatment should be prescribed only by a doctor. According to the enclosed instructions, the oily solution must be administered deep, intramuscularly.
The dosage of the drug, as well as the duration of therapy depends on the indications:
- When anemia.
When treating anemia, this medicine should be combined with iron preparations. Dosage for men should be 100-200 mg once a week. As for women, they are recommended to use 50-100 mg of the drug with the same multiplicity.
The duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician.
- As an anabolic. Most often, the drug "Nandrolone Decanoate" is used as an anabolic agent. Men should be administered in an amount not more than 200 mg once every 7-28 days. For women, this dose should be reduced to 100 mg.
If the drug is used for children 2-14 years of age, then dosages of 25-50 mg should be used. The frequency of administration is the same as in adults.
The course of therapy is 12 weeks. After 2 months, the injection can be resumed.
To increase muscle mass, treatment with "Nandrolone" should be combined with a protein diet.
Side effects of
Does the side effect of Nandrolone Decanoate cause side effects? Athletes' responses state that if the recommended dosages are observed, no undesirable effects are observed.
Most often, adverse reactions develop when taking large doses of medication. In this case, the drug can cause:
- vomiting, pain in the abdomen, impaired liver function( eg, jaundice), nausea;
- progression of atherosclerosis, iron deficiency anemia, swelling around the periphery;
- leukemia-like syndrome;
- bleeding, disorders in blood clotting;
- hepatic purpura;
- breathing disorders, headaches, vomiting with blood, stool darkening and other signs of hepatonecrosis;
- impaired spermatogenesis, hepatocellular carcinoma;
- staining the urine in a dark color, pain in the right side, yellowing of the skin, discoloration of the stool and other signs of cholestatic hepatitis.
In representatives of the weaker sex against the background of an overdose may manifest:
- dysmenorrhea or amenorrhea;
- clitoris growth, increased hair growth, voice changes.
The nature of side effects in men depends on age:
- In the prepubertal period, phenomena such as penis growth, skin rash, accelerated formation of secondary sexual characteristics, cessation or acceleration of growth, acne, hyperpigmentation of the skin are observed.
- In the post-pubertal period, there is gynecomastia, an increase in the frequency of urinary urges, and an increase in breast density and sensitivity.
- In elderly men, this drug can cause carcinoma or prostatic hypertrophy.
Before taking this medication, always consult a doctor. Also it is necessary to study the attached instruction. It says that this medication can have such a trade name as "Retabolil".
"Nandrolone Decanoate" enhances the action of insulin, indirect anticoagulants, antiaggregants, as well as diabetic medications intended for oral administration.
Means containing sodium, corticotropin, mineral corticoids, GCS, enhance the water retention in the body, thereby increasing the likelihood of acne and edema.
The drug "Nandrolone Decanoate" significantly weakens the action of the growth hormone, as well as its derivatives. When combined with hepatotoxic drugs, it protects the liver.
Despite the fact that this drug does not have androgenic properties, it is necessary to recommend it to the representatives of the weaker sex with extreme caution.
Treatment with this drug can be combined with radiotherapy, as well as with the use of cytostatics and glucocorticosteroids.
Particular care should be taken with glaucoma, epilepsy and migraine. During therapy, periodic monitoring of the prostate gland, intraocular pressure, and liver function is required.
In the presence of a progressive malignant tumor, the duration of treatment is determined by the physician and depends on the patient's condition.
Analogues of the drug and its price
What drugs are based on nandrolone you are aware of? You can replace the drug in the following ways: "Nandrolone D", "Fenobolin", "Retabolil", "Deca-Durabolin".
"Nandrolone Decanoate" in the form of an oily solution in ampoules can be purchased for 2000 rubles.
The reviews about this product are mainly left by people who are involved in sports, who want to improve their physical data, accelerate the growth of muscle tissue and reduce the fat content.
As the athletes note, "Nandrolone Decanoate" is transferred quite well. However, in some cases, it can cause headache, allergic reactions and back pain.
The representatives of the weaker sex rarely use this drug. In this case, they note that in small doses androgenic effect is not manifested.