Which is better - "Siofor" or "Glucophage": a description of the drugs, instructions for use, feedback
Which is better - "Siofor" or "Glukofazh"?These are analogues with metformin in the composition. This substance is used in the treatment of diabetes if the diet does not work. Drugs lower blood sugar levels. The doctor may prescribe several medicines. But most often appointed or "Glukofazh", or "Siofor".Although there are other analogues. They will be listed at the end of the article.
Basic pharmacological properties of
The active substance metformin is the same for these medications. Thanks to it occurs:
- decrease of sensitivity of cells to insulin;
- decrease in absorption in the intestine of glucose;
- improved the susceptibility of cells to glucose.
What is the difference between "Siofor" and "Glukofazh"?We'll figure it out.
The development of its own insulin is not stimulated by metformin, but only the response of cells improves. As a result, there is an improvement in carbohydrate metabolism in the body of a diabetic. Thus, the substance in the preparation:
- reduces the appetite - a person simply consumes less food, which leaves extra weight;
- normalizes carbohydrate metabolism;
- reduces weight;
- reduces the concentration of sugar in the blood.
Complications of diabetes occur less frequently when taking these medications. The risk of heart and vascular diseases decreases. From this so often suffer diabetics.
Each preparation has its own dosage and duration of action, which is determined by the attending physician. There is metformin with prolonged action. This means that the effect of reducing blood glucose keeps for a long time. In the name of the medicine there is the word "long".Against the background of taking, for example, the drugs "Glucophage Long" level the level of bilirubin and normalize the protein metabolism. Take the prolonged drug only once a day.
When choosing a particular drug, it is necessary to understand that if the active substance is the same for them, then the mechanism of operation will be similar.
People who suffer from diabetes often ask the question: what is better - "Siofor" or "Glucophage"?In this article, we will examine in more detail both the one and the other drug.
All prescriptions of medicines must be performed by the attending physician. Self-medication is inadmissible. To exclude the occurrence of any adverse reactions from the body, it is necessary:
- to observe the recommended diet in strictness;
- regularly engage in physical education( it can be swimming, running, outdoor games, fitness);
- take the drug, following the dosage and all other prescriptions of the doctor.
If the attending physician did not name a specific medicine, but gave several titles to choose from, the patient can get acquainted with the consumers' opinions and buy the most suitable means.
So, what is better - "Siofor" or "Glukofazh"?To answer this question, you need to consider the properties of these drugs.
About the drug "Siofor"
This is the most popular drug, according to consumers, which is used for preventive purposes for weight control, as well as for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. As part of the drug active substance metformin, which helps cells become sensitive to insulin, that is, it is used to prevent insulin resistance. As a result of intake, the level of cholesterol decreases, and together with it the risk of cardiovascular diseases decreases. Gradually and effectively reduces weight, this is the main advantage of "Siofor".
How to apply Siofor?
Analogs we will consider later.
The most common medication "Siofor" is prescribed for type 2 diabetes for its treatment and prevention. If a certain set of physical exercises and diet do not bring a result, it also makes sense to start taking.
It can be consumed separately, or it can be combined with other drugs that affect blood glucose( insulin, sugar-lowering tablets).Admission is best done simultaneously with food or immediately after it. The dosage should be increased by the attending physician. This confirms the instruction for the preparation "Siofor 500" instruction.
What are the contraindications for Siofor?
This medication is not allowed in the following conditions:
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus( only if there is no obesity, which is treated with Siofor).
- The pancreas does not produce insulin( it can be observed in the 2 nd type).
- Comatose state and ketoacidotic coma.
- Micro- and macroalbuminemia and urii( contained in the urine and blood proteins of globulins and albumins).
- Liver disease and insufficient detoxification function.
- Insufficient work of the heart and blood vessels.
- Insufficiency of breathing.
- A lowered level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Surgical intervention and injuries. Excessive use of alcohol.
- Pregnancy and in the period of breastfeeding.
- In children under 18 years.
- Individual intolerance of the drug components.
- Taking oral contraceptives, there is a risk of an unwanted pregnancy.
- In the elderly after 60 years of age, if they perform hard work.
As can be seen from the above, there are many contraindications to Siofor. Therefore, it is necessary to take it only as directed by the attending physician and with caution.
If side effects occur, stop using the medication and consult a doctor immediately.
Application of "Siofor" for weight loss
"Siofor" is not a special drug for weight loss, but feedback confirms that excess weight goes away very quickly against the background of taking tablets. Appetite decreases, metabolism accelerates. In a short time, many managed to get rid of a few pounds. This effect persists as long as the drug is taken. As soon as people stop drinking it, weight comes again due to fat deposits.
Siofor has many advantages over other drugs. The number of side effects is minimal. Among the most frequent are the presence of diarrhea, bloating and flatulence. The cost of the medication is low, which makes it affordable for everyone.
But it's important to consider some points. A low-carb diet should be followed. This will help to lose weight. In addition, you need to exercise regularly, at a time when "Siofora" is being taken.
In large quantities, the drug "Siofor" can be dangerous. This is fraught with a lactate-acidic condition, which can lead to death. Therefore, the dosage should not exceed, and if you want to get rid of excess weight, you can go jogging or swimming faster, for example.
With the 2nd type of diabetes
How to apply Siofor 500?The instruction informs that the basic rules of diabetes prevention are as follows:
- a healthy lifestyle;
- correct, well-balanced nutrition;
- physical activity.
But not all people are ready to comply with these recommendations."Siofor" in these cases can help get rid of excess weight, which in turn will prevent diabetes. But diet and physical activity should still be present, otherwise the desired results will not be achieved.
About the drug "Glucophage"
This medication can be considered an analogue of "Siofor".It is also prescribed to type 2 diabetics. Many consider it more effective, but it also has negative qualities.
The "Glukofazh" prolonged action, this is its main advantage. There is a release of metformin for 10 hours. The action of "Siofor" ceases in half an hour. On sale, you can also find a drug "Glukofazh", which will not have a prolonged effect.
What are the advantages of the preparation "Glucophage" in comparison with "Siofor"?About this below:
- "Siofor" is taken at a certain dosage several times a day."Glucophage Long" is enough to drink once a day.
- The gastrointestinal tract suffers to a lesser extent, as reception is less frequent.
- There are no sharp changes in glucose, especially in the morning and at night.
- The smaller dosage does not affect the efficiency, the glucose decreases well, just like with Siofor.
"Glukofazh 500" doctors prescribe for type 2 diabetes, but a pleasant addition is a weight loss.
Why does a person lose weight from these pills?
- There is a restoration of impaired lipid metabolism in the body.
- There is a much smaller splitting of carbohydrates, they do not suck and do not turn into fatty deposits.
- The blood glucose concentration is normalized and the amount of cholesterol is reduced.
- Appetite decreases because of less release of insulin into the bloodstream. And, accordingly, a smaller intake of food leads to a reduction in weight.
Instructions for the application of "Glucophage"
It is compulsory, as with the reception of "Siofor", it is necessary to follow a diet:
- Products that increase the concentration of glucose are excluded from the diet.
- Fast carbohydrates are completely excluded. This sweets, pastries, potatoes.
- Increased products rich in fiber( you need to eat bread from wholemeal, fresh vegetables and fruits, as well as legumes).
1700 kcal per day - this indicator should be sought. Harmful habits are also desirable to eradicate. Alcohol during drug therapy should be minimized. Smoking leads to poor absorption, which means that useful substances will be assimilated into a smaller volume. Physical activity during the use of the drug "Glucophage" is mandatory. Take the pill for 20 days, then show a break. After it, you can repeat the course of treatment. This is done to reduce the risk of addiction.
When is the drug contraindicated?
It is not recommended to use the drug "Glucophage 500" with:
- Diabetes mellitus type 1.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Immediately after surgery or injury.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Kidney disease.
- Individual intolerance to the ingredients of the drug.
- Chronic alcoholism.
Each drug can cause negative reactions of the body. It is important to follow the dosage. Adverse events occur rarely, but in some cases, the appearance of:
- Dyspeptic disorders.
- of Flatulence.
- Increased body temperature. Weaknesses and increased fatigue.
There are often when the recommended dosage is exceeded. In addition, it happens that without a low-carb diet against the background of taking Glucophage, side reactions of the body, more often from the digestive tract, develop. It is necessary to reduce the dosage in half. Consultation of a specialist is necessary to avoid complications, especially if there is diabetes mellitus type 2.
It's time to determine - what is better: "Siofor" or "Glukofazh"?
Since these are similar agents with one active substance, it is difficult to choose between them. And the result of treatment completely depends on the individual characteristics of the body:
- The means of "Glukofazh" have quite a few side effects, it can therefore be inferior to "Siofor".
- "Siofor" has more contraindications.
- With intolerance of the drug components, you can start taking Glucophage with a prolonged action.
- The price they have about the same, however, "Glukofazh" is more expensive."Glukofazh" prolonged costs more than usual, so when choosing a price can make a difference.
- The number of receptions per day is not reflected in the result.
Preparations are almost identical, so the choice remains with the consumer. What is the price for Glucophage tablets? How much does Siofor cost?
"Siofor" can be purchased in any pharmacy chain at a price of 250 rubles per 500 mg. The usual "Glukofazh" costs from 100 to 300 rubles, "Glukofazh Long" from 200 to 600 depending on the region and the dosage.
Which drug is better - Glucophage or Siofor? Reviews confirm that this question is asked by consumers often.
There is a huge amount of feedback on these two drugs. Most of them are positive. They work effectively, especially consumers enjoy drugs with prolonged properties. Do not always remember the pill, just drink it once a day in the morning. Sugar in the blood drops, sharp jumps throughout the day is not observed. It is very convenient. Side effects are extremely rare, mainly when the dosage is exceeded. Many people like the fact that the excess weight decreases. But this is subject to diet and physical activity.
Consider the analogues to the preparations "Glucophage" and "Siofor".
Than to replace?
There are other analogues for the active substance:
- "Metformin Richter".