Tendonitis of foot: treatment and prevention
Everyone knows that the human foot has the biggest load. Therefore, the possibility of developing various ailments of this part of the body is not ruled out. Tendonitis of the foot is one of the most common diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In this article, you will consider all the features of the treatment of the disease, its symptoms and causes of development.
What is the malaise of
Tendonitis of the foot is a very common disease that manifests itself in the form of inflammation and death of the tendon tissues. According to experts, the course of this pathology is inextricably linked with acute inflammatory processes in the tendon tissues of the feet themselves. It is very important to pay attention to such ailment in time. If this is not done, the inflammatory processes begin to spread to the plantar and tibial muscles. And this, in turn, will lead to very serious problems with the movement.
The main characteristics of this disease
Tendonitis of the foot is a very dangerous disease, as it leads to dystrophic processes in the tendon tissues. Most often, this pathology can be seen in people of advanced age. It is in this time interval that all tissues begin to deform, and the foot does not want to function anymore.
It is with the process of deformation of the tissues and begins tendonitis of the foot. And if the disease is accompanied by inflammatory processes, it will lead to an acute stage of the disease, which will eventually turn into a chronic form.
Chronic tendonitis of the foot, the treatment of which is described below, is characterized by persistent pain, which has a noisy character. In this case, pain can not be eliminated not only with the help of medications, but also with the help of surgical intervention. Therefore, in no case delay treatment. Start it with the first symptoms. After the neglected forms of the disease can lead to the fact that you simply can not move.
Tendonitis of extensor of foot: causes of pathology
In fact, there are many reasons why this disease begins to develop. Consider the most common of them.
- Huge physical exertion. Tendonitis of the foot( symptoms and treatment described in this article) may result from excessive physical exertion. This "professional" disease of many athletes. In the increased risk zone are people who run speed. When practicing this sport, the body should be laid out to the maximum, connecting all its reserves. Therefore, the load on the feet is maximum. Often there are damages and dislocations. They can lead to inflammatory processes, which will be accompanied by deformation of the tendon tissues.
- Damage to the feet. This applies not only to athletes, but also to ordinary people. Even slight damage can lead to a disease such as tendonitis of the toes. As a result of any mechanical effects, joint fibers and nerve endings are damaged. Therefore, even the slightest bruise can provoke the appearance of this disease.
- Incorrect metabolism. Tendonitis of the tendon of the foot can arise as a result of the impossibility of calcium intake to the tibial and fibular bones. It is because of this element that the bones and tendons function normally. However, if the metabolism is disturbed, it can lead to the formation of bone growths. And they will prevent the correct and full movement of the feet.
- The impact of age-related changes. All elderly people( especially those who lead an incorrect lifestyle) can see a degeneration of bone and cartilaginous tissue. Why so happens? When the body grows old, tissues begin to actively erode. And do not think that the foot does not belong here. To slow or stop these degeneration processes, you need to eat properly and take various supplements that support the musculoskeletal system.
- Influence of infections. Often, tendonitis of the foot, the photo of which is placed in this article, develops as a result of various infectious processes in the tendon region.
- Wrong skeleton structure. Sometimes there are cases when a person has a different pathology of the musculoskeletal system since birth. For example, one leg will be slightly shorter than the other. Also here you can include the acquired pathologies, such as incorrect posture or getting any injuries.
- Use of certain medications. Please note that taking various medications can adversely affect the bones of the entire body. And the foot will not be an exception. Significant deposition of salts can lead to the formation of build-ups, as well as to other pathologies. In addition, some medicines can destroy bone tissue. If you are taking any medicine, try to consider all aspects of its use. If necessary, correct your food.
Tendonitis of the foot: symptoms and signs
In fact, this disease is very easy to identify, because it is characterized by sudden and sharp pain in the ankle area. The most common symptoms of this ailment are given below.
The first thing you need to pay attention to is pain. They can be either practically invisible or very noticeable. Note, if you ignore this disease, it will go from a mild form to a chronic one. In this case, there will be very sharp or sharp pains.
Do not forget that pathology is accompanied by inflammatory processes, so you will notice how the skin on the feet begins to acquire a reddish hue.
If the tendon moves actively, you can notice a characteristic crunch.
Most often, pain sensations are noticeable not only in the foot area, but also in the shin area. Usually, such pain is aching. This is due to the fact that the foot can no longer fully perform its functions, so a very large load falls on the lower leg.
The drumstick and foot may sometimes become swollen. This is due to the inflammation that formed in the tendons. The circulation of blood is disturbed. Therefore, its stagnation is observed. In this regard, and there is swelling.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, seek medical advice immediately. After all, you may have started tendinitis of the foot. Do not forget that such ailment requires immediate treatment.
How to diagnose
Only a specialist will be able to deliver an accurate diagnosis. Quite often you can understand what kind of illness it is, guided only by the patient's own information and complaints. But, in addition, it is desirable to conduct a special diagnosis. Usually doctors use the following methods: X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound and laboratory studies. If the doctor will offer you one of these options( or just a few), then do not refuse.
Rules for treatment with medication
Tendonitis of the foot, the treatment of which is described in our article, is carried out in several ways. One of them is conservative. Its essence lies in the removal of pain, as well as in the elimination of the inflammatory process. Usually doctors offer complex treatment with drugs.
Please note that the most commonly prescribed:
- corticosteroid vaccines;
- topical ointment;
- non-steroid preparations;
By the way, a variety of ointments do very well cope with such an ailment as tendonitis. Apply them several times a day and only to the affected area.
Folk methods of treatment
It is very important to notice the ailment - tendonitis of the foot in time. Treatment at home will be effective only at the earliest stages of the appearance of pathology. But even in this case, you should see a doctor. And folk recipes can be used as an additional method of treatment. Here are some of them:
1. Eat meals flavored with turmeric. This will greatly accelerate the process of recovery.
2. Prepare a tincture on vodka from the shell of walnuts. Such a remedy helps to relieve inflammation.
3. Use an infusion prepared from the roots of ground ginger. It will also speed up your recovery. But for a noticeable effect, you need to drink this liquid three times a day.
Preparations, ointments and folk recipes do not give any result? In this case, the doctor can offer you a method of surgical treatment. Usually, the operation is performed in cases of constriction of blood vessels or with ligament ruptures. With the help of special tools the surgeon dissects the diseased joint, eliminating all the malfunctions in it. If the shin and foot have already begun to swell, then it may be necessary to pump out more and pus.
Methods of physical therapy
How else is tendonitis of the foot treated? With the help of physical therapy. If this disease has not been caused by some infections, then this method of treatment will be very even appropriate. In this case, doctors propose to undergo such procedures as electrophoresis, cryotherapy or laser therapy.
In addition to these methods, you also need to do special physical exercises and massage.
Usually the rehabilitation process lasts from one to three months. All this time the patient's foot should be in complete rest. Therefore, it is best to use a special bandage. During the recovery period, doctors are urged to do a special massage and use some medication.
So, we talked about how to treat tendonitis of the foot. Eat right, eat and relax. And then you will not be afraid of any diseases. And if you still noticed that you have tendinitis of the foot, go to the hospital as soon as possible. Be healthy and take care!