First, find out what it is, and only then we learn how to treat the flux. This is an acute inflammation in the connective tissue that surrounds the tooth over the jaw bone. Externally it looks like swelling of the gums, accompanied by a swelling on the cheek. Symptoms of the flux are as follows:
- aching pain in the tooth;
- marked reddening of the gums;
- increased body temperature;
- disgusting state of health;
If the tooth is under pressure, the pain intensifies, giving off in the area of the temple, chin or ear. Serious puffiness starts affecting the nearby facial tissues. What are the causes of the development of this disease, and how to treat the flux?
Flux. Reasons for
The main reasons for the development of the flux are:
- a tooth cyst;
- inflamed gingival pocket;
- tooth decay;
- any mechanical damage to the jaw.
The main cause of this disease is the infection that has penetrated into the dental canals, which later passes to the connective film. Occurs the formation of purulent masses, forcing the periosteal film to exfoliate. This leads to inflammation of the tissues that surround the periosteum.
It should be noted that general malaise, high fever and piercing pain in the area of the lesion focus are the prerogative of middle-aged people, since these processes are not so painful for pensioners and children.
How to treat flux on the gum
- Treatment depends on the condition of the inflamed tooth, as well as on the health of the patient. Of course, you can apply a radical method that will make meaningless other tips on how to treat the flux. This is his complete "expulsion".In other words, to destroy the focus of inflammation, you need to open the abscess itself. If it is necessary to eliminate the affected tooth, both procedures are performed simultaneously. Of course, surgical intervention occurs under local anesthesia. If after a while the inflammatory processes did not disappear, and the incision did not heal, the doctors diagnosed the abscess. It is more difficult to treat than the flux itself.
- There are more democratic and proven methods, how to treat the flux. At home, it's very simple! If the purulent processes have not yet started, then this misfortune can be cured by ordinary antibiotics or other anti-inflammatory drugs that your doctor will prescribe. In case of successful treatment, the pain passes in a few days, and the swelling on the cheek completely falls off.
Important! Do not make any attempt at independent treatment! So say the doctors! This means that no warming compresses or similar dirty tricks will cure you, but, on the contrary, will start purulent processes. In addition, forget about antibiotics, until you get a doctor's advice. Remember: you do not know and should not know other alternative( folk) methods, how to treat the flux, because it is entirely the prerogative of dentists!
Prevention of the disease
Timely treatment of dental caries, which is formed during our life - this is the prevention of flux prevention. In turn, the prevention of dental caries is the constant hygiene of the oral cavity, as well as systematic visits to the dentist.