Treatment of hernia of the esophagus without surgery: methods
Hernia of the esophagus is a common disease among the elderly. Pathology is characterized by a change in the anatomical location of certain organs in the abdominal cavity. The work of the ligamentous apparatus located in the aperture of the esophagus is disturbed by the expansion of the diaphragm. As a result, there is a shift in the organs. Can I have a hernia repair without surgery?
The basic methods of therapy
Many experts believe that in most cases it is possible to treat the hernia of the esophagus without surgery. Surgical intervention is required only one in ten patients. As for the other cases, we can resort to conservative therapies to eliminate the ailment, which include:
- the use of a certain number of medications;
- performance of exercise therapy and gymnastics for respiratory organs;
- adherence to dietary nutrition;
- leading a healthy lifestyle.
This complex of medical measures allows you to get rid of the disease and greatly alleviate the condition of the patient.
What is medical therapy
Treatment of a hernia of the esophagus without surgery implies the admission of a certain number of synthetic drugs. Their main purpose is to eliminate the symptoms of the disease( eg, belching, heartburn, pain and discomfort in the chest area) after eating. Therefore, the patient can be prescribed:
- Antacid preparations, for example, Almagel, Rennie, Maalox, Gastal, etc. Such medicines bind hydrochloric acid, which is part of the gastric juice. It is she who irritates the esophagus mucosa and leads to its damage. Inhibitors of proton pump. These include preparations of "Esomeprazole", "Pantoprazole", "Omeprazole".Drugs of this type can reduce the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
- Prokinetics, for example, "Cisapride", "Domperidone", "Metoclopramide."The drugs allow to normalize the motor of the esophageal canal. This, in turn, prevents the transfer of the contents of the stomach into the esophagus.
- H2-blockers of histamine receptors. Such drugs include Roxatidine, Nizatidine, Famotidine, Cimetidine, and Ranitidine. Medicinal compounds can reduce the secretion of acid, as well as reduce its intake in gastric juice.
Therapy for complications
Is it possible to treat a hernia of the esophagus without surgery for complications? In this case, the therapy is accompanied by additional recommendations of specialists:
- If the patient has chronic blood loss, then the risk of developing iron deficiency anemia. In this case, the doctor can prescribe anti-anemic and hemostatic agents.
- If the contents of the duodenum are regularly thrown into the esophagus, ursodeoxycholic acid is recommended. Preparations based on it reduce the irritation exerted on the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- With the narrowing of the esophagus, antacid drugs of prolonged action, as well as anti-inflammatory topical preparations, may be prescribed.
- If other gastrointestinal diseases, which are chronic, have been diagnosed, then the therapy should first of all be aimed at their elimination.
So that the above methods of treatment of hernia of the esophagus have a positive result, it is worth informing the attending physician about the presence of any chronic diseases. This is due to the body's reaction to some synthetic medicines. In certain cases, it may be necessary to select analogs with a small number of side effects.
Treatment of a hernia of the esophagus at home can not be limited to taking medications only. With such a disease, it is recommended to perform respiratory gymnastics. Exercise should be done 3 hours after eating. The whole complex of similar gymnastics:
- Lie on your side. Legs should be located 15 cm below the head. Take a breath, protruding at the same maximum belly, and then exhale, relaxing and not pulling the stomach. The exercise should be performed in 4 sets of 10 minutes each. Each time, the breath should become deeper. After a week of training, exercise can be complicated by pulling the belly in exhalation. The number of approaches does not change in this case.
- Stand on your knees and gently execute the incline in both directions. Thus it is necessary to observe the breathing technique. When inhaling, inhale, and extinguish when returning to its original position. Then perform the exercise by standing on your feet.
- Lie on your back and make turns in both directions, while observing the rules of breathing.
With the constant performance of the above exercises, after several months of training you will be able to improve your condition. It is possible to supplement such treatment of hernia of the esophagus by the most effective folk remedies, having consulted with a specialist beforehand.
Application of exercise therapy
Folk treatment of a hernia of the esophagus is not only the use of decoctions and infusions. Such a disease requires the performance of therapeutic exercises. This method is approved by traditional medicine. It is recommended to perform gymnastics on an empty stomach, approximately 40 minutes before eating.
Complex of exercises
Lie on your back, placing the upper part of the trunk on a hill, for example, a pillow. Point the index finger and the middle finger under the ribs of the midline of the abdomen on both sides. Initially, the skin should be shifted to the head up, to the right side. On exhalation, gently dip deep into the abdominal cavity. Stomach with extensor movements down and to the left. Exercise repeat up to 6 times. If you did everything correctly, then the pulling feeling in the throat area will decrease and the pain will decrease.
Sit down and take a pose so that a small crease forms in the thoracic spine. Exercise should be performed in a relaxed state. Under the costal arches, place the pads of the fingers of both hands so that they are absorbed into each other through the skin and placed horizontally. In this case, from 2 to 5 should be parallel to the median line of your body. On inhalation, move your skin with your thumbs toward the head, and exhale, exert pressure on your back and legs for 7 seconds. Do the exercise 3-6 times.
In addition to the above, it is recommended to perform exercises to relax the abdominal muscles, for example, in a lying position, rocking the knees bent at the knees, dosed walking, moderate tension of the muscles of the abdominal cavity.
How is esophageal hernia therapy performed without surgery? Treatment with a diet with such a disease is of particular importance. Observance of all the rules will not only facilitate the patient's condition, but will also speed up the recovery process.
First of all, strict adherence to diet is recommended. Do not completely satisfy the hunger at one meal. This leads to increased stress on the stomach. To deceive your brain, eat slowly, in small portions, stretching the meal for 10 minutes. This time is enough to receive a signal that the body is full. In 10 minutes you can eat a lot if you eat fast. This is not recommended. A full stomach will cause a feeling of discomfort and lead to pain.
What products are prohibited by
Symptoms of a hernia of the esophagus and treatment with folk remedies or traditional methods are interrelated. After all, the concentration of hydrochloric acid in the stomach can be reduced or increased. The diet of the patient depends on this indicator. In any case, with such a disease, it is worth to give up sweet, smoked, spicy, sharp and fried foods. Such food can provoke an increase in the concentration of hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice, which will be thrown into the esophagus. As a result, soft tissues of the gastrointestinal tract become irritated, which will lead to an inflammatory process.
The esophageal hernia is also aggravated by the accumulation of a large number of gases in case of constipation. Therefore, with the disease it is not recommended to use yeast, legumes, soda, corn and cabbage, except for cabbage juice.
It is worth noting that without a diet correctly drawn up by a doctor, the patient's condition may become worse and worse every day. The negative consequences of thoughtless eating can lead to serious complications that require prompt intervention.
Treatment of hernia of the esophagus by folk remedies
The reviews show that the use of alternative medicine significantly facilitates the patient's condition. However, use of such drugs is recommended only after consultation with specialists. After all, some of them may be contraindicated.
Treatment of the hernia of the esophagus by folk remedies can be carried out with the use of decoctions and infusions of herbs that can eliminate heartburn and bloating, relieve the patient of constipation. To such preparations it is necessary to carry medicines on the basis of leaves of stone bones, propolis, a grass of a red shoe.
Recipes of alternative medicine
The most popular recipes are:
- Infusion from the leaves of ordinary gooseberry. For its preparation, a tablespoon of pre-dried and ground raw material should be poured into ½ liter of water. It is recommended to insist 2 hours. Take this medication up to 4 times a day for 0.5 cup.
- Herbal collection of leaves of mother-and-stepmother, flax seeds, althea roots and peppermint grass. Dried and shredded components must be mixed in equal proportions.3 tbsp.l. This collection is recommended to pour 1 liter of cold water. Infuse the drug for 1 hour. In conclusion, the medicine should be boiled for 5 minutes on low heat, placing it on a water bath. Ready-made broth should be cooled and filtered. It is recommended to take a collection of up to 6 times a day for 0.5 glasses.
- Spirituous tincture of propolis. This drug is recommended in combination with milk.50 drops of liquid requires 30 drops. Take should be before meals until 2 times during the day.
There are many other collections and herbs that help to get rid of constipation and bloating. If necessary, such drugs can be purchased at the pharmacy. However, it is not recommended to engage in self-medication without the advice of specialists. This issue should be discussed with the attending physician. After all, the thoughtless use of nontraditional medicine can lead to complications. In addition, only an expert can accurately diagnose and conduct adequate therapy.