Constipation after delivery during breastfeeding: treatment with folk remedies and medications
Constipation after childbirth during breastfeeding is a fairly common pathology, which many new mothers feel shy. They hope that the problem will be solved by itself, which, unfortunately, is far from the case. To your health you need to be as attentive as possible, especially during this difficult period of recovery after childbirth.
Today we suggest that you discuss this delicate problem in as much detail as possible. Let's start, perhaps, with the fact that constipation can be of several kinds, have many reasons. Today we will deal with the issues of manifestation, treatment and prevention.
As mentioned earlier, constipation after childbirth during breastfeeding is quite common. Do not expect to solve the problem with diet or exercise - it's not always effective. Now we will try to understand the varieties of this disease.
In order to proceed with the treatment of constipation, it is necessary to understand the types and causes. In all, nursing mothers are distinguished by two large groups, for more details about them, see the table.
Atonic constipations are associated with intestinal atony. Activity of the intestine is markedly reduced in women who have recently given birth to a child. Especially this problem concerns the puerperas who have undergone the operation of cesarean section. With what is it connected? The operation itself has a very negative effect on the intestines. After resolving the problem of feces usually very much and it is quite dense.
The whole problem in this case is related precisely to the stress that the woman suffered during childbirth. There is a spasm of the walls of the intestine. Unlike atopic constipation, spastic have frequent desires, but the feces are dry and lean. During a trip to the toilet, there may be minor pain.
Constipation after delivery during breastfeeding should be treated immediately, because this problem affects both mother and baby. The chosen method should not interfere with breastfeeding.
To begin with, it is worth paying attention to the fact that the nursing mother should consume only fresh and healthy foods. Many people have to completely abandon the usual diet. It is necessary to eat vegetables and fruits daily, which are necessary for the proper functioning of the intestine. If you completely abandon fresh vegetables, then this will entail a number of problems with the intestines and stomach.
The first week after childbirth is quite severe for almost all mothers. This is due to the fact that progesterone has a negative effect on the musculature of the intestine. After a while, hormone production normalizes, and problems with going to the toilet will end. Complete restoration of the intestine is usually observed a month after the birth of the baby.
Now we will highlight a number of other reasons that can lead to constipation. Among them:
- side effect of drugs;
- containment of urge;
- lack of motor activity;
- the body lacks fluid;
- mom uses a lot of fiber;
- metabolic disorders;
- presence of growths or other pathologies.
Constipation in a nursing mother can manifest in a variety of ways. They can be either single, or make up a whole complex. Now we list the most common symptoms:
- appetite is constantly absent;
- collects a lot of gases in the intestines;
- cramping abdominal pain possible;
- in the toilet there are some difficulties;
- if you look more closely at stool masses, you can see tuberosity and high density;
- a constant stay sick in a bad mood;
- reduced working capacity;
- is broken sleep mode;
- can cause muscle pain;The
- patient may be haunted by headaches;
- in the mouth is an unpleasant taste.
If you could identify at least a small part of the presented symptoms, you can safely diagnose constipation after childbirth during breastfeeding. It is necessary to consult a specialist and to select the right remedies.
Let's start this section with the fact that it is easier to prevent a problem than to get rid of it. Preventing constipation during pregnancy and after childbirth is a very important point, all future mothers are required to study this issue.
Prevention of intestinal disorders consists in proper nutrition and daily regimen. It is very important to remember that products having a "strong" effect are highly contraindicated to newly mums. This list includes rusks, chips, rice, strong tea and so on. Pay more attention to sour-milk products, especially useful to eat live yoghurts. Be sure to include in the diet fresh fruits and vegetables.
Do not forget to move anymore. Further in the article you will find a small set of exercises that are useful for everyone to carry out for the purpose of prevention. All mothers must know that constipation can affect the baby's health.
Now we will discuss the proper nutrition for constipation after childbirth. What if you are experiencing this problem? It is best to see a doctor so that he can get treatment. In addition to medicines, you must adhere to a diet. Now we will get acquainted with its basic rules and norms:
- Drink more fluids: at least two liters per day. Please note that at least one liter should be presented with cold clean water( best boiled).
- Enter into your daily diet fresh fruits and vegetables. However, it is necessary to exclude legumes that can cause the opposite effect.
- If you do not like fresh vegetables and fruits, then they can be baked, because with this kind of heat treatment all the useful properties are preserved.
- Eat a moderate amount of natural laxatives( prunes, beets, carrots, figs and so on).
- It is necessary to improve the intestinal microflora and do not harm the child. In this issue, we will help sour-milk products.
- Vegetable oils also have a laxative effect. To achieve the desired result, drink one teaspoon of olive or linseed oil in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Another important rule is not to overeat. Eat more often, but in small portions - this will lead to a rapid recovery of the intestine.
- The last point should be noted and the fact that you need to apply to a specialist. Diet is made for each person individually.
Now we will talk about yet another effective method of controlling constipation after childbirth. What to do? Of course, move more, but do not overwork. Absolutely all useful walks in the fresh air, and if not contraindicated light gymnastics, then do not regret ten minutes a day for its implementation. From physical exercises, not only will problems with the intestines, but also improve well-being, muscles will strengthen.
On the second day after childbirth, you can perform the following exercise: lie on your back, bend your knees. Take a deep breath and inflate the stomach, briefly stay, exhale sharply through the mouth and draw in the stomach. Repeat at least five times.
On the third day you can add the following to this exercise:
- The position is the same. On inhaling, stretch the pelvic muscles and hold your breath. Sharply exhale with your mouth and relax your muscles.
- Get out of bed, feet shoulder-width apart, arms extended forward. Take a breath and gently turn to the right, the right hand goes as far as the turn. During exhalation, take the initial position. Repeat the exercise with the other hand.
- Standing: clasp your hands in the lock in the front. Turn the body, as much as possible, leading the lock back.
- Lying on the back: hands along the body, legs bent at the knees. Inhale - lift the pelvis, hold, exhale - take the original position.
- Standing, feet shoulder width apart, hands on shoulders, elbows forward. Connect in turn the right elbow and the left knee, the left elbow and the right knee.
- Lie on your back and alternately pull your knees toward your body.
In addition to these exercises, you can use and the following method:
- Atonic constipation - in the morning( lying in bed) for five minutes, massage the umbilical area intensively with palms, gradually moving to the groin area.
- Spastic constipation - soft stroking clockwise.
Now it is short about laxative preparations, allowed at thoracal feeding. Dufalac is the most common remedy. We will discuss it in more detail in the next section. In addition to the drug "Dufalac", when breastfeeding appoint:
- "Transiner" and so on.
Do not self-medicate, always check with a specialist.
"Dufalac": instructions for use, price
As mentioned in the previous section, this tool is the most popular. This is due to the high price-quality ratio. The drug can be purchased for a not very large amount( from 300 to 500 rubles).As you can see, compared to other drugs, this is a very small price. Instruction for the use of "Dufalac" says that the drug can not harm the fetus during pregnancy and does not penetrate into breast milk.
Syrup can be drunk pure or diluted with water. Take it once at the same time. The initial dose is 15-45 ml. To maintain the result appoint 15 to 30 ml. The effect will be noticeable after 2-3 days of admission.
There is one very effective folk remedy for constipation based on the fruits of gooseberry. To prepare the medicine you need to steal one spoonful of berries with a glass of boiling water. This mixture should be cooked for another ten minutes and strain well. Use the drug 4 times a day for ¼ cup. Do not forget to drink more pure boiled water.
Now let's talk about one more effective tool. How to make an enema to yourself and with what? Let's start with the description of the process. It is necessary to insert the tip of the special pear into the anus a few centimeters and press - so you fill the intestine with liquid. Slightly lie on your side and empty your bowels. The tip is pre-lubricated with cream, oil or petroleum jelly.
What to do with an enema? You can use both ordinary warm water and tincture of flax seed. A tablespoon of raw materials should be filled with a glass of boiling water. Infuse at least three hours. Use three times a day, one serving should not exceed 50 ml.
Can I continue to feed the baby?
It is known that a psychoemotional relationship is established between the mother and the baby, so if the mother suffers, the baby suffers. In addition, with permanent constipation in the mother's breast milk loses some useful properties, which can lead to problems with the stool of the child. It is necessary to continue to feed the baby with the breast, but to comply with all the recommendations of the treating doctor.