Medunica officinalis: useful properties and application
This plant belongs to the family of borage and is a perennial. In length it reaches 30 cm and has a stiff-haired and erect stem. The leaves of the culture are lanceolate, petiolate, simple and pointed. Medunica officinalis dissolves flowers from April to May. Favorable places of growth are forest glades, felling, areas under bushes.
Due to its beautiful and delicate colors, it is used to decorate the garden. Also, the scrofula is used in cooking, add its leaves to salads, soups or use as a seasoning. In folk medicine, it has long been prescribed to patients with respiratory diseases. It is also known under other names: a medulla, a pinna, spotted or fountain grass, water keys.
There are a lot of plant species. We have 5 species: mild, narrow-leaved, red, Filyarsky, and the most famous is the medicinal medynica. The Red Book has included this culture since the times of the USSR, as it is becoming less and less in nature in some localities. In order to exclude its disappearance, it is necessary to grow a softener on flowerbeds, beds and flower beds.
Composition of culture and useful properties
Medunica medicinal is valued for the complex of useful substances that it contains. The plant contains:
- vitamin C;
- tanning agents;
- vitamins of group B.
As the basic or auxiliary way of getting rid of various ailments, medicinal plants are increasingly being used. Medunitsa has the following effects:
- is an anti-inflammatory;
- healing wound;
- is enveloping;
- is a diuretic.
Application of a plant in medicine
A medication medicinal is used to eliminate the following diseases:
- bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis;
- cold with a dry cough;
- intestinal infections, diarrhea;
- of anemia;
- of the ailments of the kidneys and bladder;
- skin problems( purulent wounds, abscesses);
- of diabetes;
- uterine bleeding;
- of nervous ailments.
This culture is also used to enhance the protective properties of the body and to activate the human immune system.
Traditional medicine recipes
For medicinal purposes, infusions, teas, tinctures and juice are made from the medulla. There are many recipes using a plant. It should be noted the main ones:
1. For the treatment of diarrhea, cough and hoarse voice. It is necessary to pour the grass with hot water, insist, drain, take 0.5 glasses a day.
2. For the treatment of bronchitis. Medunitsa pour water( boiling water) and insist. After filtering the decoction is consumed no more than 4 times a day.
3. For burns, bedsores and wounds. Make an infusion of grass and water. Used for washing, compresses and lotions.
4. With urolithiasis and uterine bleeding. The broth is made in a water bath, it is infused and used after filtering up to 4 times a day.
5. For treatment of purulent wounds. It is necessary to take fresh leaves of the medunda, rinse them, dry them, lightly mash them and apply them to the affected areas.
To use the culture for medical purposes, it can be prepared independently. Medunica officinalis is collected during the flowering period, after which it is dried in the open air or in a ventilated room. It is necessary to spread it out on a paper or newspaper with a thin layer. Harvested grass can be stored for a year.