During the last decades the reproductive function of men has significantly decreased, where the quality of semen plays a major role. This is due to the fact that spermatozoa have become less active and mobile( because of what they are more difficult to get to the egg), they have an irregular shape( they can not fertilize the egg cell).Research in this area suggests that one-fourth of couples can not become pregnant, and in a third of these cases, low-quality sperm is the fault.
Before the onset of pregnancy, women pay special attention to their health. But, at the same time, the male reproductive function is underestimated, although experts confidently assert that for the onset of pregnancy, men's health is as important as a woman's. Therefore, in order to avoid serious problems with reproductive function in the future, it is desirable for a man to think about how to improve the quality of sperm, already in his youth, because then it may be too late.
What determines the quality of good sperm
Seed quality is determined by the following factors:
- Quantity. If the reproductive function of a man is all right, then the seminal fluid should contain approximately 39 million active spermatozoa.
- Quality. Sperm should contain approximately 4% of healthy spermatozoa of the correct form and structure. Sperm of the correct form should be with an oval head and a long tail that directs them forward. Spermatozoa with large irregularly shaped heads and small tails will be much more difficult to fertilize the egg.
- Sperm motility. Pregnancy will occur if approximately 40% of the spermatozoa are movable.
Causes of poor sperm quality
In order to understand how to improve the quality of sperm, it is also important to know what exactly influenced this circumstance. There are many different factors that adversely affect sperm quality:
- use of alcohol or illegal drugs;
- stress and hard work;
- too frequent ejaculation, as it can slow down the process of formation of seminal fluid. Therefore, it is recommended to wait about 2-3 days before the next ejaculation;
- tight fitting underwear, trousers;
- abuse baths, hot tub;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- injury of the testicles;
- environmental pollution;
- lack of zinc in the body.
How to improve the quality of sperm
Just follow a few simple tips in order to improve the quality of sperm.
- Use multivitamins. It is important to receive vitamins A and E daily, which are responsible for the optimal quantity and quality of the male's semen.
- include vegetables and fruits in your diet. It is advisable to eat foods that contain:
- zinc( oysters, bananas, avocados, almonds and other nuts).Zinc increases the mobility of spermatozoa and improves the synthesis of testosterone.
- vitamin A( carrots, milk, chicken, fish oil, cheese, eggs, liver).Vitamin A increases the amount of sperm produced.
- vitamin C( strawberry, oranges, broccoli, kiwi).Increases the mobility of spermatozoa, while reducing the possible anomalies of spermatozoa.
- vitamin E( almonds, sunflower seeds, spinach, broccoli).
is selenium( garlic).Selenium prevents the occurrence of defects.
- lycopene( tomatoes, watermelon, pink grapefruit, pink guava, papaya, red sweet pepper).
- Avoid stressful situations. Stress prevents the body from producing hormones necessary for sperm production. He also adversely affects the sexual function of men.
- Instead of constantly asking yourself how to improve sperm quality, try to lead an active lifestyle. Physical activity has a beneficial effect on the whole organism. It is important not to overdo it, otherwise you can provoke a temporary hormonal failure, which will affect the quality of the seed not in the best way.
- Keep track of your weight.
- Do not forget to drink water! Dehydration also has an adverse effect on sperm quality, because most of the seminal fluid consists precisely of water. Try to drink about 8 glasses of water a day.
In the event that there is no change for the better, it is recommended to visit a doctor who will tell you how to improve the quality of sperm.