Symptoms of pyelonephritis, tests with pyelonephritis, nutrition with pyelonephritis
Pyelonephritis is an inflammation of the kidney parenchyma. Distinguish between chronic and acute pyelonephritis. The disease refers to the number of infectious, most often the pathogens are microorganisms of the E. coli group.
Symptoms of pyelonephritis depend on the course of the disease. In the acute form of the disease, the symptoms are as follows:
- begins suddenly, the body temperature rises sharply( up to 40 ° C);
- there is a one-sided pain in the lumbar region( in some cases, pain occurs in the groin);
- both kidneys( or one of them) are enlarged in size, there are painful sensations on palpation;
- in some cases, stomach cramps may occur;
- nausea, vomiting;
- painful and frequent urination;
- the color of urine is cloudy.
In chronic form, the symptoms of pyelonephritis are as follows:
- rapid fatigue, passivity;
- pale complexion;
- feeling of heartburn;
- numerous eructations;
- not clear sensations in the field of kidneys;
- slight dryness in the mouth.
It should be noted that the chronic form of pyelonephritis can lead to kidney failure, so it is important to recognize the symptoms of pyelonephritis in time.
In children, pyelonephritis is difficult to detect, as the symptoms are less pronounced, occasionally the child may complain of pain in the lumbar region. In this case, you should take a closer look and see a doctor.
In case of detection of the disease, the following tests should be performed with pyelonephritis:
- a general urine test, pay attention: 1) the number of white blood cells in the urine, the norm for men - up to 3x, for children and women - up to 6;2) for the presence of bacteria - they should not normally be present;3) the specific gravity of urine;4) the alkaline reaction of urine;
- urine analysis according to Nechiporenko;
- kidney ultrasound;
- magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography( in the case when ultrasound does not give a complete picture).
In addition to classical treatment it is important to observe proper nutrition with pyelonephritis. There are a huge number of nutrition schemes that do not hurt sick kidneys and contribute to a speedy recovery.
When chronic pyelonephritis is necessary to monitor the load on the kidneys, which are food products. In this case, from the diet excluded spicy, strongly salty and spicy dishes. No fried side dishes, food should only be boiled, allowed to extinguish.
An important product is milk, it promotes the formation of urine and does not irritate the urinary system. In addition, it has a lot of protein and animal fats. Special attention should be paid to sour-milk products. They must necessarily be present in the diet, it can be fermented, kefir, sour cream and cottage cheese, as well as soft sorts of cheeses, they are usually lightly salted.
In addition, the patient is allowed to eat meat( chicken, rabbit meat, low-fat beef varieties), but meat broths should be avoided. Fish can be included in the diet in boiled form, preferably lean. Kashi should also be present in the diet, as well as vegetables and fruits. Cooking is possible only in vegetable oil.
In the acute course of pyelonephritis, especially in the early days, you must adhere to a diet: there are fresh vegetables and fruits( preference diuretic - melon, watermelon, zucchini, pumpkin, citrus are excluded completely), drink as much liquid( it can be regular tea, compotefrom dried fruits, dog rose tea, decoctions of medicinal herbs).
After improvement of health, it is allowed to introduce milk and dairy products into the ration, vegetables and fruits are still mandatory. Salty foods are forbidden.
After the symptoms of pyelonephritis , disappear, the diet gradually introduces cottage cheese, meat and fish( in boiled form).Sharp, strongly spicy, smoked and highly salted dishes for a long time are forbidden.