"Articaine INIBSA": instructions for use, description, composition and reviews
The common name for the drug is articaine + epinephrine. It is produced in ampoules with a piston mechanism made of durable transparent glass. It is supplied with a protective foil, which is used in Western countries for this group of drugs - articaine-containing. Each capsule of anesthetic has a transparent film containing information on the application, composition and dosage of the medication, as well as on the methods of storage( this should be a dark place, out of children's access and temperature changes).Standard - shaded, dry box or box, protected from light, drafts. The temperature is not higher than 25 degrees, as this leads to a rapid deterioration of the medicament. Shelf life - about two years, is released( should, at least) according to the prescribing physician.
"Articaine INIBSA" is an anesthetic for local use. It is used for small operations, dental intervention( in particular in the treatment of pulpitis and tooth extraction) and when applying sutures. It is a strong anesthetic, so the first reception is carried out under the supervision of medical personnel, since the drug has many side effects.
Acts very quickly and for a long time, providing strong anesthesia of the injection site, side effects, despite the large number, are infrequent and therefore articaine is considered the best analgesic for all who do not suffer from intolerance of such drugs.
Specific properties and therapeutic effect gives a high anesthetic ability of articaine and the necessary duration of analgesic effect for the majority of dental procedures associated with work in the immediate vicinity of the pulp. At the same time, because of the speed of decay and elimination of the drug, there is no cumulative effect - multiple injections practically do not increase anesthesia at the site of intervention.
"ARTIKIN INIBSA" is considered to be an effective remedy. The manufacturer is the Spanish medical laboratory Laboratory INIBSA S.A., supplies various anesthetics to Russia, as well as equipment for conductive anesthesia, etc. In connection with the introduction of sanctions in 2016, the importation of drugs has become much more complicated. Recently, it has been replaced by the brand of articaine "Septanest" of Russian production.
The composition of one ampoule of "Artikain INIBSA" includes:
- 1.8 ml of solution;
- articaine - 72 mg( in 1 ml - 40 mg);
- epinephrine - 0.018 mg( in 1 ml - 0.01 mg).
In dentistry - 0,5-1,8 ml, depending on the severity of damage and tooth size, in other cases of local anesthesia - depends on the situation. The limiting dosage in adults is 7 mg per kilogram of weight, for children under 12 - 5 mg.
"Artikain INIBSA"( 1: 200000) provides the basic anesthetic action, blocking nerve endings at the injection site. Disabling the sensitivity means that there is a chance of accidental damage to the anesthetized area. Most often it suffers from this tongue and cheek in the treatment of teeth - two out of ten patients manage to bite themselves something because of this.
Epinephrine( in the Russian medical nomenclature - adrenaline) speeds up blood flow, strengthens the heart, thereby reducing the time it takes to start the drugs. However, in large quantities( from 3 μg / kg / min) causes narrowing of the vessels and, as a consequence, an increase in the duration of action of anesthetics. It is released in the form of a package with a hundred ampoules, each weighing 1.8 g.
With subcutaneous administration of the drug, the effect occurs after about 5-10 minutes. With intramuscular, the time of onset of action depends on the condition of the patient and his muscle tissue.
"ARTIKIN INIBSA" instructions for use advise as follows.
The drug is drawn into the syringe through an ampoule with a pump mechanism. The injection is performed side by side, or directly into the intervention zone, depending on the type of action.
- High sensitivity to the main components of the drug, bordering allergic reactions( articaine, epinephrine, salts of tartaric acid, sulfites, etc.).
- Tachycardia and other disorders associated with heart rhythm.
- Heart failure.
- Glaucoma in a closed-angle form.
- Bronchial asthma, in particular - provoked by sulfites.
- Anemia on the background of a lack of vitamin B12.Deficiency of cholinesterase of blood.
- Diseases of the central nervous system, myasthenia gravis.
- Liver failure in severe manifestations( porphyria).
- The pronounced form of hyperthyroidism( excessive activity of the thyroid gland).
- Early age( under 4 years old).
Hazards associated with taking
- Intravenous administration of the drug( specifically, "Artikain 4 with epinephrine of INIBSA") is undesirable, as this can cause a sudden change in pressure, as well as the disabling of the nervous system for the most part of the body.
- The introduction of articaine directly into the focus of inflammation is unacceptable, since the injection itself will be extremely painful, and the drug can not disperse in the area due to severe edema.
- Do not re-use opened ampoules, since the solution may be spoiled or unsterilized.
- With caution, the remedy should be used by children under 12 years old, elderly people, persons suffering from endocrine diseases, or receiving similar drugs( myoblocators, anesthetics, etc.).
- Pregnant and lactating women can take articaine almost without fear for the health of children. In special laboratory studies it was found that the drug has a low penetrating ability relative to the placenta around the fetus and is not found in breast milk in concentrations that can affect the development of the child.
Possible side effects from the use of the drug "ARTIKIN INIBSA" 1: 200000:
- Allergic reactions( from urticaria to anaphylactic shock).
- Swelling and inflammation at the injection site.
- Minor disorders of the heart rhythm.
- Headache, dizziness, disorientation when injecting the drug into an area near the vestibular center.
- Nausea, vomiting, loose stools.
- Very low chance of occurrence of ischemia in the area of administration, sometimes reaching tissue necrosis( with intravenous administration or overdose).
The highest level of articaine concentration in the blood is achieved in 10-15 minutes, regardless of the presence of a vasoconstrictor in the formulation. It is excreted from the body 6 hours after the introduction of kidneys, neutralized by the liver to inactive components.
Interaction with other drugs
- In combination with antidepressants and MAO inhibitors, the hypertensive effect increases, blood pressure rises sharply( stably rises to 150/100), which is dangerous for most people, especially for hypertensive patients.
- Vasodilators increase anesthesia and prolong its action.
- Adrenoblockers in combination with articaine increase the chance of developing hypertensive crisis and bradycardia.
Symptoms of overdose
- Weakened activity of the central nervous system after its brief excitation, severe trembling of the limbs.
- Feeling of stupor, concussion, severe dizziness, accompanied by vomiting.
- Various hallucinations, hearing impairment and orientation in space.
- Decrease in pressure in the vessels, heavy breathing.
- Loss of consciousness.
If symptoms develop, stop using articaine, put on your back or on your side, and allow free, uncomplicated breathing( preferably stacked in a semi-sideways position - in case of vomiting, the patient will not choke on his discharge).Then, it is necessary to start measuring the pulse and vascular pressure, interview the person to determine the symptoms, call the emergency room to call the team and prepare special medications in order to provide immediate recovery of the body's functions in case of deterioration( using the resuscitation kit is still undesirable without medical supervision).
In Russia, "ARTICAIN INIBSA" reviews received good from many doctors and patients, as it is an easy-to-use, relatively inexpensive tool( given the form of release of 100 anesthetic cartridges).
On the drug "ARTIKIN INIBSA" 1: 200000 the price varies depending on the form of release and the place of purchase. For the packaging of a hundred cartridges in pharmacies in Moscow and the Moscow region are asking from 2.9 to 3.7 thousand rubles. There is a tendency for one-off trade with a single need: on average, the ampoule "Artikain INIBSA" costs 33 rubles.
In pharmacies in Siberia and the Far East is rare, as a small quantity of goods is imported into the country, and it is distributed to medical centers and hospitals in Central Russia.
Recently, the import has further decreased due to international sanctions, one of the items of which was a ban on the export of medicines of foreign origin to Russia. However, this issue is being actively solved at this time.
And do not forget that self-medication with any drug can lead to negative consequences, ranging from the lack of treatment results and ending with a tragic outcome. Therefore, any medicine should be taken only by the appointment of a specialist, treatment should be under the supervision of a doctor.