Preparation "Buspirone": reviews of doctors
Is Buspirone effective? Reviews, who took this tool, will be presented below. We will also tell you about the properties of the medicine, when it is prescribed, whether it has contraindications and side effects.
Form and Composition of the Drug
What is in the composition of the drug Buspirone? Reviews of doctors speak of such an active substance as buspirone hydrochloride. In addition, the medicament contains additional components in the form of lactose, corn starch, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium starch( type A), silicon dioxide colloid, magnesium stearate and MCC.
This product is available in the form of white and round tablets, placed in a pack of cardboard.
Pharmacodynamic properties of medicament
What properties does the "Buspiron" drug have? Instruction, doctors' reviews inform patients that this is an anxiolytic drug. It is intended for the treatment of anxiety conditions of various origins.
Precise mechanism of action of tablets is not installed. However, experts say that this drug is a selective agonist of postsynaptic 5-HT 1A receptors in the nervous system.
After taking the drug, its effect appears gradually. The effect can be seen for one to two weeks. In this case, the maximum therapeutic effect is observed only after a month.
Pharmacokinetic properties of the drug
Where is the absorption of the medicine Buspirone? Experts' reviews indicate that this medication is quickly and almost completely absorbed from the digestive tract. Plasma concentration of the drug is noted after a lapse of 1-1.5 hours. The connection with proteins is 95%, and the elimination half-life is three hours.
Approximately 30-65% of the active ingredient and its metabolites are excreted in the urine during the day, and 20-40% are excreted along with the feces. If the patient has problems with the work of the liver and kidneys, their elimination decreases slightly.
Indications for the use of tablets
For what purpose can a drug such as Buspirone be prescribed? The doctors' comments indicate that this drug is used in the presence of anxiety conditions, which are accompanied by symptoms such as tension, anxiety and heightened anxiety.
Contraindications to the use of the drug
What conditions of the patient forbid taking the medicine "Buspiron"?Experts say that this drug can not be prescribed to people with hypersensitivity to the main and additional substances of the drug, malignant myasthenia gravis, acute congestive glaucoma, severe renal failure, epilepsy and severe liver dysfunction.
In addition, the drug in question is contraindicated in childhood and during breastfeeding.
Preparation "Buspirone": instructions for use
Reviews about this medicine will be presented a little further.
The instruction, attached to the medication, informs that its dose should be selected only by the attending physician, depending on the patient's condition.
As a rule, at the very beginning of treatment a medication is prescribed in the amount of five milligrams three times a day. Gradually, this dose is increased to 15-30 mg( divided into several doses).
The maximum daily dosage of the drug should not be more than 45 mg, and a single dosage should not exceed 30 mg.
How should I take Buspirone? The instruction says that you should take the tablets every day at the same time. They can not be chewed. The drug should only be taken with a small amount of water.
People with impaired renal or liver function should take the lowest possible dosage.
The duration of the course is determined on an individual basis( for each case separately).Do not take the drug for a long time, especially without the supervision of a doctor.
In parallel with treatment, it is recommended to conduct sociotherapeutic and psychotherapeutic measures.
Cases of an overdose of
What are the signs of an overdose when taking higher doses of Buspirone? Experts say the following symptoms: miosis, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, abnormalities of the stomach, vomiting.
In case of an overdose gastric lavage is performed, as well as monitoring of arterial pressure, respiration and pulse. Treatment is symptomatic.
Side effects of
Does the drug "Buspirone Sandoz" cause side effects? The reviews of patients and doctors indicate that this medication can lead to a rather large number of unwanted phenomena:
- myocardial infarction, temporary loss of consciousness, heart failure, nonspecific chest pains, cerebral blood flow disorder, tachycardia, bradycardia, arterial hypotension or hypertension,cardiomyopathy;
- conjunctivitis, blurred vision, sensation of pressure in the eyes, redness of the proteins, pain in the eyes, narrowing of the field of vision, itching, photophobia;
- irritability, anxiety, impaired coordination, nightmares, extrapyramidal disorders, insomnia, spontaneous movements, nervousness, tremor, emotional arousal, impaired tone, hostility, memory impairment, depression, indiscriminate speech, drowsiness, serotonin syndrome, dizziness, numbness, decreased attention, stupor, confusion, mood swings, depersonalization, claustrophobia, sensitivity to sounds, fever, hyperkinesia, violation of associative perception, apathy, euphoria, hahallucinations, suicidal thoughts, paresthesia, epileptic seizures, parkinsonism, discomfort, inhibition, psychosis, akathisia;
- frequent urination, urinary retention, nocturnal urination, enuresis;
- epistaxis, nasal congestion, rapid breathing, sore throat, shortness of breath, compression in the heart;
- arthralgia, rigidity and spasm of muscles, myasthenia gravis, myalgia;
- changes in blood counts;
- cold hyperesthesia, asthenia, tendency to excessive alcohol consumption, headache, blood clotting disorder, increase or decrease in weight, hot flashes, ringing in the head, hyperhidrosis, malaise, fatigue, taste and smell, voice loss, hiccough, glossalgia;
- disorders of the menstrual cycle, decreased or increased libido, inflammation of the urogenital organs, amenorrhea, impotence, decreased ejaculation;
- acne, edema, ecchymosis, hyperemia, pemphigus, alopecia, dryness, eczema, allergic manifestations, urticaria, thinning of nails, hematomas;
- diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hypersalivation, nausea, discharge of blood from the rectum, epigastric pain, increased liver enzymes, xerostomia, constipation, flatulence, increased or decreased hunger, vomiting;
- galactorrhea, thyroid dysfunction, gynecomastia.
Before using Buspirone, you should always read the instructions. It provides the following information about the drug interaction of the drug:
- When combined with antidepressants, antihypertensive drugs, cardiac glycosides, anticoagulants, hypoglycemic and neuroleptic drugs, and with oral contraceptives, strict medical supervision is required. Interaction with sedatives and benzodiazepines is unacceptable.
- Strong inhibitors of cytochrome P450 increase the bioavailability of Buspirone.
- It is not recommended to take the drug together with MAO inhibitors because of the possible occurrence of hypertensive crisis.
- With simultaneous administration with "Cimetidine", the maximum concentration of "Buspirone Sandoz" is increased by 40%.
- "Rifampicin" reduces the maximum concentration of the drug by approximately 89.6%.
- When combined with medications that affect the maximum concentration of "Buspirone", it is advisable to adjust the dose of the latter.
- "Ritonavir" and "ketoconazole" block the biological transformation of Buspirone, and also increase its plasma concentration.
- When the drug is combined with "Diazepam", the content of the latter in the blood plasma may increase. In addition, there may appear side effects such as nausea, dizziness and headache.
- Simultaneous reception of "Buspirone" with "Haloperidol" can increase its serum level.
- You should refrain from taking alcohol during treatment with Buspiron Sandoz.
"Buspirone" preparation: feedback from people( consumers) and
specialists Most patients leave positive responses about this drug. They note its high efficiency. About side effects reported very rarely.
Specialists say that taking such tablets does not often cause undesirable effects. They can be observed only in a separate category of patients. At the same time, side effects are manifested only in mild form and pass fairly quickly without drug withdrawal.