"Geparsil": instruction manual, description and analogy
The liver is the main filter of our body through which a lot of toxins pass. Naturally, with time this organ starts to function not well enough. In this case, he needs help."Geparsil"( instructions for use should be read by the patient before using the drug) is an effective hepatotropic agent, the main active ingredient of which is silymarin. It, in turn, is obtained from the fruits of the spotted milk thistle. That is, the substance is made on a natural basis.
Action of the drug
"Geparsil"( instruction on the use of this drug is always present in the package) perfectly interacts with the hematocytes, facilitates the restoration of their membranes. At the same time, the development of some lesions of the liver slows down: steatosis, fibrosis.
Silymarin improves the metabolism in cells, regulates the permeability of membranes. Promotes the stimulation of the synthesis of phospholipids and functional proteins in the affected cells. In this case, the lipid metabolism is stabilized. The substance binds free radicals well, therefore it is an excellent antioxidant."Geparsil"( the instruction on application speaks about naturalness of a product) promotes fast restoration of hepatic cells, protection of them from harmful influence.
In the process of taking the drug there is a gradual improvement in human health, its digestion. Absorption of silymarin occurs from the digestive tract, and quite slowly. Its distribution in the body is intense. The maximum concentration of the substance is achieved in the kidneys, heart, lungs. The half-life of the drug from the body is 6 hours. Silymarin comes predominantly with bile, and only a small part of it is excreted by the kidneys.
When should I use the product?
If you are assigned "Geparsil", the instruction manual presents such indications for use:
- Toxic liver damage.
- Supportive therapy for patients with chronic inflammation or cirrhosis of the liver.
- Chronic form of hepatitis.
- Fat infiltration and liver dystrophy.
- Condition after infectious or toxic hepatitis.
Contraindications and interactions with
If your liver is affected, you may need a drug such as Geparsil. Instructions for use( the description of the medicine you have already read) speaks of such contraindications:
- Too high degree of individual intolerance to the components of the medication.
- Acute poisoning, and their origin does not matter.
- Child's age. Do not take the drug for children under 14 years old.
There is no information about an overdose. However, if it happened, you should quickly carry out lavage of the stomach, induce vomiting and take activated charcoal or another sorbent. It is also advisable to undergo symptomatic treatment.
As for the interaction, silymarin is able to enhance the effect of such drugs: antiallergic, lipocholesterolemic( "Lovastatin"), anticoagulants( Warfarin), anticancer( Vinblastine), antipsychotic( Lorazepam).
If you simultaneously take estrogen substitutes, oral contraceptives and "Geparsil", the instruction for the use of the medication indicates an increase in their effect. In any case, take the medicine only after a thorough consultation with the doctor. Self-medication in this case is not allowed, since it can lead to an additional disruption of the functionality of the liver.
Like any other substance, silymarin can cause some undesirable consequences. Among them:
- Heartburn, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Also, cases of dyspepsia( painful, difficult digestion) are possible.
- Allergic reactions on the skin: itching, redness. It is also possible to strengthen the process of hair loss.
- Very rarely there is an increase in diuresis( the amount of urine released within a certain time period).
- Shortness of breath. It is also very rare.
- Some strengthening of existing violations of vestibular functions.
It should be noted that the side effects are temporary, and after a complete discontinuation of the drug disappear quickly enough. In this case, an additional intake of any medication is not necessary.
Composition and Form of Release
So, if you are assigned Geparsil, the instructions for use( the composition of the product is very important for determining the degree of safety for the patient) is about such components: silymarin( 70 mg), magnesium stearate, sucrose, pregelatinized starch.
Most often, the product is available in capsules that have a red or green color. In the pack you can find blisters with tablets. In all there are 5 or 12 pieces. In each blister there are 12 capsules.
Features of application of
If you are prescribed the drug "Geparsil", instructions for use( the dose can not be exceeded in any case) provides for such rules of reception: swallow capsules need not chewing. In this case, the product is washed down with a small amount of water. Take the capsule after eating.
A single dose for patients is 70-140 mg of silymarin. That is, a person will have to drink 1-2 capsules at a time. The frequency of the drug - 3 times a day. The duration of the course of therapy is determined by the attending physician in each individual case. This takes into account not only the age of the patient and the features of the course, but also the degree of development of the disease, the anatomical and physiological characteristics of the organism. Usually the course of treatment lasts about 3 months.
Before using the product, it is necessary to read the following specific instructions:
- First of all, treatment should be carried out in conjunction with compliance with the diet. Otherwise, a positive effect may not occur. The fact is that during the therapy the liver should be discharged as much as possible.
- Very carefully, you should take medication for those people who have a hormonal imbalance.
- Since the drug in its composition has sucrose, this should not be forgotten for those patients who have diabetes mellitus.
- Do not use capsules during acute intoxication. To begin with, all acute symptoms should be eliminated, and then proceed to restore the liver.
- If jaundice is observed after taking capsules, then dosage should be adjusted. In some cases, the drug is generally abandoned.
- SILIMARIN practically does not affect the ability to control machinery, as well as vehicles. However, this is only possible if the patient has no abnormalities from the vestibular apparatus.
Storage Features, Analogues and Feedback
If you have a serious liver function, the doctor may prescribe "Geparsil" to you. Instructions for use( storage conditions must be fully implemented) provides for a shelf life: 2 years. The temperature in the room where the package with the capsules will be located should not exceed 25 degrees.
It is best to keep the medicine in the original pack. She must be in a dark place where there is no access to the sun's rays. Sold the product without a prescription, but self-medicate is not worth it.
If you are assigned Geparsil, the instructions for use( analogues are used if the presented drug for some reason did not fit) should be stored as long as you apply this medication. As for the analogs, the modern pharmaceutical market can offer such means: "Hepalex", "Karsil", "Darsil", "Silibor", "Silymaron".It is not recommended to replace "Geparsil" independently. Before this, it is best to consult a doctor.
As for the reviews, they are mostly positive. Patients report a significant improvement in their health status. Although some reviews indicate a weak effect of the drug. In general, patients are satisfied that the medicine has a plant basis. As for the cost, it ranges from 180 rubles per pack and further, depending on the dosage.
That's all the features of the product. Be healthy!