Preparation "Pregabalin canon": instructions for use and reviews
Currently, a very large number of medications that can help cope with any pain and problem. At the doctor's office, complaints of musculoskeletal pain, frequent cramps, and complaints of feelings of anxiety and bad sleep are often heard. At diabetics at a lesion of small blood vessels there are complaints on frustration of nervous system. After hearing and conducting an appropriate examination, the doctor may prescribe the drug "Pregabalin Canon."
Consider the instructions for using this medication, as well as feedback on it.
Composition and effect of the preparation
The main active substance of the preparation "Pregabalin Kanon" is pregabalin. It is an analogue of gamma-aminobutyric acid( (S) -3( Aminomethyl) -5-methylhexanoic acid).
The drug has anti-epileptic and anticonvulsant properties, as well as an analgesic effect on the body.
What is the basis for such an impact? How does the drug work? Its anticonvulsant and analgesic effect is explained by the fact that "Pregabalin" enters into a bond in conjunction with a2-delta protein with calcium channels in the central nervous system while replacing gabapentin, which resembles gamma-aminobutyric acid.
When taken on an empty stomach is absorbed more quickly. The maximum concentration in the blood with a single dose is achieved after 1 hour. If you take the drug simultaneously with food, the time of maximum concentration in the blood decreases, and the time of the therapeutic effect increases by 2.5 hours. But in general, eating does not affect the total absorption time of the active ingredient."Pregabalin" does not combine with plasma proteins, it penetrates well through the hematoplacental barrier, into breast milk.
"Pregabalin" is practically not cleaved and excreted by the kidneys unchanged, so patients who have problems with the functioning of the main organ of the excretory system are on hemodialysis, a lower dose of the drug is recommended and it should be strictly controlled by the doctor.
In case of impaired liver function, the dosage does not decrease, since the agent does not have an effect on this organ.
To whom the preparation
" Pregabalin canon" is prescribed for patients with such diseases:
- Fibromyalgia in adults.
- Anxiety disorders in adults.
- Pain that is neuropathic in nature.
- In case of epilepsy in the complex treatment of adult patients, in cases with partial seizures.
It is worth noting, if there are any pathologies from the above listed, do not start taking the medicine without consulting a doctor.
Who should not take the drug
It is necessary to pay attention to those who should not take a drug such as Pregabalin Canon. The instruction distinguishes the following categories:
- Hypersensitivity to the constituents of the medicine.
- For children and teenagers under 17 years. Studies were not conducted in this group.
- Pregnant should not be taken, as no clinical trials have been performed.
- When breastfeeding. While taking the drug, breastfeeding is temporarily discontinued.
- Patients of childbearing age need to use effective methods of contraception during treatment with a medicine.
Be cautiously appointed and monitored for such diseases:
- Impaired renal function.
- Cardiac diseases.
- With diabetes.
- Encephalopathy in the anamnesis.
- Patients aged more than 65 years.
- Genetic diseases in which carbohydrates are poorly digested, as the formulation contains lactose, which is not universally tolerated.
We examined who is prescribed the Pregabalin Canon tablets, from which they help and who can not use them. Next, let's talk about the forms of the medicine and its features.
Forms of preparation and dosage
The preparation is issued in the form of capsules with the following dosage: "Pregabalinum Kanon" 300, 200, 150, 75, 50 mg.
There is also a preparation "Pregabalin Richter".It is also available in the form of capsules.
Depending on the disease and its neglect, the doctor can prescribe a dosage of the drug:
- Preparation "Pregabalin Canon" 300 mg per day is prescribed for fibromyalgia. It is possible to adjust the dose to 600 mg per day.
- Treatment of neuropathic pain is recommended starting with 150 mg per day. Then after a few days the dosage can be gradually increased and increased to 300 mg. This will depend on the results of treatment. A week later take 600 mg per day.
- Treatment of epilepsy begins with a dosage of 150 mg per day. The drug should be divided into several receptions."Pregabalin Canon" 300 mg instruction recommends starting to use no earlier than 7 days, leading up to this dose gradually, and after 6 days the dosage is adjusted to 600 mg per day.
- In generalized anxiety disorder, treatment is started with a dosage of 150 mg per day and dividing the amount by three times. Then after 7 days the dose is increased to 300 mg, but if there is no positive effect of the drug, the dose is increased to 450 mg. After 7 days, if necessary, the dosage is adjusted to the maximum.
- In case of anxiety attacks, the dosage is selected individually. The doctor must take into account the severity and features of the course of the disease. Do not change the dosage without consulting a doctor.
- If the patient has impaired renal function and is on hemodialysis, the treatment is adjusted to reflect the clearance of creatinine. After passing the hemodialysis session, the patient is prescribed an additional dose of the drug.
You can take the drug at any time, regardless of the meal. In this case, doctors recommend in some cases to take before bedtime for a lesser appearance of adverse reactions.
I want to note that it is inadmissible to miss the intake of Pregabalin Canon. Instructions for use indicate that it is necessary to take the missed dose as soon as possible. But you can not take the missed pill if it's time to take the next one.
Increase dosage by yourself, without consulting a doctor can be dangerous to your health.
What is the difference between the preparation "Pregabalin Richter"
The preparation "Pregabalin Canon" or "Pregabalin Richter" is insignificant. The instruction is almost similar. They have the same indications and contraindications. Also, the dosage in the treatment of diseases coincides. Active active substance pregabalin. But in each of these preparations there is a small peculiarity:
- The preparation "Pregabalin Canon" is produced by the Russian manufacturer, which is its full owner. The medicine is available in the form of capsules from 14 to 56 pcs.in the package, depending on the amount of the active substance. It can be from 50 mg to 300 mg.
- Pregabalin Richter is an analogue and is produced by a Russian company, but has a representative office in Hungary. The medicine in the form of capsules of 14 pcs.on 1 sheet. The package contains 4 sheets. The amount of the main active substance is from 75 mg to 300 mg.
I want to note that the difference between Pregabalin Canon and Pregabalin Richter is still in price. So the Russian production of the drug is cheaper than the Hungarian manufacturer.
Possible adverse reactions
If the product is administered incorrectly or if its dosage is not adhered to, the following adverse reactions may occur:
- Movement coordination disorder.
- Loss of sharpness of vision.
After long-term use or sudden withdrawal of the preparation "Pregabalin Canon", the instructions for use indicate which side reactions may occur:
- System of blood and lymph: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia.
- Cardiac diseases: chronic heart failure, tachycardia, sinus arrhythmia.
- Nervous system: drowsiness, involuntary trembling of the limbs, dizziness, impaired attention and coordination, lack of taste sensations, memory loss, stupor, fainting, memory impairment, decreased reflexes, cramps, burning sensation on the skin, psychomotor agitation.
- Mind: confused consciousness, a sense of euphoria, depression, decreased libido, depressed or excited mood, hallucinations, panic attacks, aggression or apathy.
- Vascular manifestations: jumps of blood pressure, cold extremities, "hot flashes".
- Vision: visual impairment, eye pain, dryness, swelling or tearing of the eyes, narrowing of the field of vision, increased brightness of perception, loss of peripheral vision.
- Musculoskeletal manifestations: spasms, pains in the extremities, swelling of joints, stiffness of muscles, twitching of muscles.
- Organs of digestion: flatulence, bloating, vomiting, constipation, nausea, diarrhea, exacerbation of pancreatitis, dry mouth.
- Respiratory organs: nasal congestion, snoring, cough, nosebleeds, shortness of breath, dryness of mucous membranes, pulmonary edema.
- Reproductive and genito-urinary organs: urinary incontinence, renal failure, erectile and sexual dysfunction, pain in the mammary glands, amenorrhea.
- Metabolism: increased or, conversely, weight loss, anorexia, increased appetite
- Skin: rash, urticaria, increased sweating, itching, swelling.
- Immune system: allergic reactions, angioedema, hypersensitivity.
- Possible development of encephalopathy.
Also possible is a feeling of intoxication, falls, pain, chills, fatigue, thirst. The most common side effect is confusion, anxiety and anxiety, drowsiness.
If there are undesirable effects caused by an overdose, it is necessary to do a gastric lavage. Symptomatic therapy and, if necessary, hemodialysis procedure are performed.
It should be noted that with prolonged intake of the drug "Pregabalin Canon", addiction may develop. This drug can be attributed to the narcotic.
Therefore, before taking a drug such as "Pregabalin Canon" instructions for use, feedback should be carefully studied and considered. At appointment the doctor should consider all factors of current disease and the general condition of the patient's body.
Features of use of
It should be noted some features of the use of the preparation "Pregabalin Canon":
- Diabetics need a dosage adjustment in case of weight gain.
- It is necessary to be cautious to the elderly, especially since when taking the drug, there are often observed such manifestations as drowsiness, dizziness, confusion.
- Seizures or epileptic seizures are possible when taking the drug, as well as when it is withdrawn. Therefore, it is inappropriate to cancel other anticonvulsant and antiepileptic drugs.
- The manifestation of drowsiness may increase with the joint administration of antispastic drugs.
- Problems with the organs of vision are temporary. They can then appear, then pass as when taking the drug, and after its withdrawal.
- If problems arise in the functioning of the kidneys, after the drug is discontinued they pass.
- In elderly patients, chronic heart failure may develop with the drug. Care must be taken to use this drug in this category of persons. After its cancellation, such phenomena were not recorded.
- In case of angioedema development, tablets should be withdrawn.
- It is possible to develop a "withdrawal syndrome" after stopping it. Therefore, it is necessary to cancel the medicine gradually, within a week, gradually reducing the dosage.
- There are cases of dependence development. In such situations, medical supervision is necessary.
- Preparation "Pregabalin Canon " can cause suicidal thoughts and behavior, therefore, when taking it, constant monitoring is needed in case of depressive conditions, suicidal moods and behavior.
- It is necessary to refrain from managing transport and machinery, as well as from doing work that requires a lot of concentration. The drug may cause drowsiness, dizziness, and other side effects described earlier.
- Never drink any alcoholic beverages when taking Pregabalin Kanon.
Interaction with other drugs
Since the drug does not reduce and does not suppress the rate of chemical reactions in the body, it does not affect the metabolism of other drugs, and therefore does not interact with them.
However, we must pay attention to the joint use of certain drugs.
- Drugs that depress the central nervous system, in conjunction with Pregabalin Canon, can cause breathing problems, up to the onset of coma.
- Opioid analgesics in combination with Pregabalinum Kanon have a negative effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract. Can cause constipation, intestinal obstruction.
- Simultaneous application of "Oxycodone", "Lorazepam" and "Ethanol" with "Pregabalin" can significantly enhance the effect of ethyl alcohol and "Lorazepam".This is manifested in the violation of consciousness and motor functions. Respiration was not detected.
- Oral contraceptives, when taken together with Pregabalin, did not change their effect on the body.
Studies have shown that no interaction at the level of absorption, distribution and excretion of the drug "Pregabalin canon " does not have the following medicines:
- "Valproic acid".
And also: Insulin, diuretics, Phenobarbital, Topiramate, Tiagabine and oral hypoglycemic drugs.
Further we will consider, what about preparation "Pregabalin the Canon" responses.
Comments of doctors about the drug
The drug is used for a long time and is well known to doctors. About the preparation "Pregabalin" doctors can hear different opinions. So many have noted a positive effect in the treatment of epilepsy. A good effect is achieved with the removal of neuropathic pain. Positive results for sleep disturbances and anxiety conditions. In this case, the dosage is strictly controlled by the doctor.
Another category of doctors treats the drug with caution. Since this drug is used to treat drug dependent patients. It is believed that it is necessary to prescribe such a medicine in extreme cases, with very severe pains, from very small doses. The course of treatment should also be short, so as not to cause dependence.
The task of each doctor is to determine the expediency of prescribing this drug, to monitor patients who use it. And also it is necessary to warn those to whom this medicine is prescribed for all possible adverse reactions and the effect of drug withdrawal.
It is important for a doctor to know when prescribing a medical device such as Pregabalin, reviews of patients, and the tolerability of the constituents of the medication to exclude possible negative side effects.
It is worth noting that the drug "Pregabalin Canon" is dispensed in the pharmacy only by prescription of a doctor.
What about the preparation "Pregabalin" patients' reviews we will consider further.
Testimonials of patients who underwent
therapy Patients responded favorably to the drug.
So many have noted a reduction in pain and cessation of seizures. Some have had side effects, such as drowsiness, dizziness, or urticaria at the initial stage of taking the drug. But after a few days it passed and the effect of the drug was positive.
Describe cases of "Pregabalin" in conjunction with other drugs that depress the central nervous system. Although the instructions for using the drug described the possible consequences, which manifested itself in the patient. There was a problem with breathing. Timely rendered assistance saved a person's life.
Some patients reported side effects when taking a second course of the drug. Although the first time this was not observed. There was a sense of euphoria or inhibition.
Has "Pregabalin Canon" reviews of various adverse manifestations with different medications. Describe this: then the head is spinning, then you want to laugh, then vice versa, oppressive thoughts appear, so they are afraid to take the drug for a long time. I would like to note that those patients who adhered to small doses and took the remedy for a long time, after its abolition, did not experience the effect of cancellation, only a slightly depressed state, and then in a short time everything came back to normal.
With prolonged use of the drug "Pregabalin", patients' reviews indicate a decrease in its effectiveness. Therefore, continuous medical monitoring is needed to evaluate the effectiveness of the drug and to analyze the manifestation of side effects.
If to sum up, the positive side of the preparation "Pregabalin Canon" is its effective action against neuropathic pains and seizures. The drug is not difficult to access, it can be bought on prescription at the pharmacy.
The negative side is a large number of adverse events, as well as the ability to cause drug addiction. Therapy with such serious medicines should be carried out only under the supervision of the doctor and at his prescription.