The drug "Enterofuril" antibiotic or not: the response of specialists
The question of whether "Enterofuril" is an antibiotic, worries first of all parents. Dysbacteriosis, allergy, suppression of immunity - side effects, which is famous for this class of drugs. Moms and dads are afraid to give the antibiotic "Enterofuril" to children, although it is an effective medicine against intestinal infections.
Antibiotic - the opponent of life
This is the Greek translation of this word: the drug that kills. Disease is the war of the organism against pathogenic bacteria. Antibiotics - a mercenary army, aimed at helping the immune system, when she can not cope with the infection.
Determining the question whether "Enterofuril" is an antibiotic or not, let's see where the army of antibiotics comes from, how it fights with the pathogens of infections, what traces it leaves in the body. Then it becomes clearer whether "Enterofuril" refers to the detachments of this army.
Such a different origin
- Parents of antibiotics are living organisms: fungi, bacteria, microbes. In the course of the struggle for existence, they develop substances capable of destroying rivals in the vital space in which they live. People have learned these substances to isolate and create drugs that kill disease-causing fauna.
- The answer to the question whether "Enterofuril" is an antibiotic or not, gives its origin. He has no natural parents. This preparation is synthesized in a chemical laboratory, it is derived from 5-nitrofuran, in the chain of which there are two active elements: nitro group O2N and free radical, capable of various compounds.
The first conclusion: by origin, "Enterofuril" does not apply to antibiotics. This will be confirmed by any doctor and pharmacologist, if you contact them with this question.
Main action: suppress and kill
A comparison of the therapeutic effect can also clarify the problem."Enterofuril" - an antibiotic or not?
- The action of antibiotics is selective, they kill only their rivals in life - bacteria and microbes. Only through the walls of the cells of their antagonists they are able to penetrate, disrupt the nucleus, suppress reproduction and generally destroy. Membranes of cells of our body for them are impenetrable, fungi, viruses, lamblia in the liver do not interest them.
- The mechanism of action of Enterofuril, like all preparations of the group nitrofuran, is associated with the presence of a nitro group O2N in them. This complex for complete recovery needs hydrogen atoms, which are extracted from the cell membranes of pathogenic microbes. The walls of their cells are broken, the causative agents of the disease suffocate and die.
The radicals entering into the nitrofuran molecule work together with the nitro group: they bind the nucleic acids, entering into a stable connection with them, the microbial cell loses the ability to reproduce.
A huge number of pathogens living in the intestine, is able to "Enterofuril" bind and deprive breathing. These are staphylococci, streptococci, salmonella, shigella, klebsiels, cholera sticks;lamblia in the liver. Nitrofurans slip from viruses, a botulinum wand and worms.
Antibiotic and antiseptic - the same thing?
Antibiotics and nitrofuran preparations( "Enterofuril" among them) suppress the reproduction of pathogens and kill them. This means that they have bacteriostatic and bactericidal action. Substances with this effect are called antiseptics.
People for whom the words "antibiotic" and "antiseptic" are synonymous can assume that "Enterofuril" is an antibiotic. The specialist is clear: two classes of these drugs have different mechanisms and spectrum of action. Against "their" enemies antibiotics are more effective than "Enterofuril", and he, in turn, neutralizes a greater number of pathogenic microbes.
Treat, but not maim
The last point over i in the question whether "Enterofuril" is an antibiotic or not, puts the nature of the side effects of these drugs.
- The mercenary army of antibiotics leaves a painful trace:
- Together with the pathogenic, it kills useful bacteria, quickly develops pathogenic fungi, as a result - dysbiosis.
- Penetrating into the blood, antibiotics reach the liver, which recognizes them as poisons and starts a grueling fight with them. The products of this fight poison the liver itself, its recovery lasts weeks and months after the illness.
- It is difficult to produce liver interferon - the main hormone of the immune system, the resistance of the body is weakening, it refuses to fight infection, giving the initiative to a foreign army of antibiotics.
- If the immune system does not want to yield to drugs from the outside, there is a rejection of the drug, i.e.allergy.
- And, finally, the pathogenic bacteria themselves change rapidly and become insensitive to the action of antibiotics.
2. "Enterofuril" behaves in the body exactly the opposite, compared with antibiotics.
- Surprising a much larger number of pathogens, it is absolutely harmless for useful microorganisms - saprophytes, which are sanitarians and inhibit the development of fungi and putrefactive bacteria in the intestine.
- In the blood "Enterofuril" does not penetrate, no negative effect on the liver and all other systems of the body does not have. Having done his job, he is removed from the intestine with feces, taking the pathogenic fauna.
- This drug not only does not suppress immunity, it even increases the resistance of infection;neutralizes toxins released by pathogenic microbes;captures those bacteria that survived in the fight against antibiotics. Specialists, knowing this, often appoint "Enterofuril" after antibiotics.
- Sometimes, but very rarely, there is an allergy to this drug.
It is important to correctly apply
Until the etiology of intestinal disturbances is clarified, the doctor prescribes "Enterofuril" before applying the antibiotic. Instructions for use have their own peculiarities:
- Children under 6 years of age are indicated to take this drug as a suspension.
- It is very important to take the medication at regular intervals to ensure its constant concentration in the intestine and not give respiratory pathogens bacteria.
- Concurrently with other agents, Enterofuril is not recommended.
- Treatment lasts no longer than a week.
Now we see that the side effects of "Enterofuril" are minimal. It can be taken even by such categories of patients as pregnant women, nursing mothers and young children.