Natural grape juice: benefit and harm
Grapes are a real storehouse of useful substances. It carries in itself the warmth of the sun's rays and the generosity of the fertile land. For a long time people revered this product. Even in the literature of the times of the ancient world, one can find lines about the healing properties of grapes. Warriors used the juice of this berry to increase strength, the girls - to prolong youth and beauty. What is really valuable grape juice? The benefits and harms of this product for the human body are still being investigated by doctors all over the world. We will tell you the secret of the healing properties of this drink right now.
Grape juice composition
Grape juice has a unique composition. First, the sugar in this product is contained in the form of easily digestible fructose and glucose. These substances saturate the body with the necessary carbohydrates, contributing to the maintenance of energy.
And secondly, the berry drink contains a whole complex of minerals and vitamins. This product can compete with industrial medicines in its medicinal composition, the amount of nutrients. In large quantities in the juice is potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium. Prevalence of such vitamins as C, B, PP, A.
In the medical literature, it is often possible to find a comparison of grape juice with mineral water. How are these products similar? The fact is that the juice of grapes consists of 80% of water, which is saturated with organic acids and minerals.
Useful properties of
Thanks to this curative composition of grape juice, this product has a number of useful properties for the human body:
- is a natural, easily digestible power engineer;
- provides the body with a mineral-vitamin complex;
- cleanses, is an expectorant and tonic.
In addition, doctors often recommend future mothers to raise hemoglobin in the blood to consume grape juice. The benefits and harms of such a drink for a pregnant woman and her fetus are not fully understood. But it is noted that the regular use of small amounts of juice from grapes significantly improves the blood test parameters of the patient.
Recommendations for use
Prescribe as a medicinal product in both folk and traditional medicine pure grape juice. The benefits and harms of acid-saturated beverages are often unpredictable. Therefore, one should know the extent to which such a product is used and regularly undergo examinations.
With proper application grape juice copes with the disease even better than tablets, while having a minimum of contraindications and adverse reactions.
Grapes were used as a medicine in the Ancient World. And in the XIX century a separate direction in medicine was formed - ampelotherapy( in translation means treatment with grapes).
What kind of health problems are recommended for regular use of grape juice? The product helps with such diseases:
- Cardiac and vascular insufficiency. Due to the high content of potassium in the drink, the product restores the work of the heart muscle, improves blood formation and normalizes blood flow through the vessels.
- Due to the similarity in composition with mineral waters, grape juice helps to remove toxins from the body, normalize the water-salt balance, restore metabolic processes, and the drink has a diuretic property.
- Juice made from grapes can reduce body temperature, reduce fever and cramps, and eliminate swelling.
- Is an expectorant, reducing the viscosity of mucus. Therefore, juice is used for bronchitis, pneumonia and even tuberculosis.
- A product for pregnant women is useful in the early stages. Grape juice contains a large amount of folic acid, which is responsible for the normal formation of the neural tube in the fetus.
- Helps with reduced hemoglobin, restores strength after loss of blood( including during menstrual discharge in women).
- A real discovery in medicine was the research of the American University, which proved that grape juice blocks the action of carcinogenic substances in the body, thus protecting a person from the growth of cancer cells. It has been scientifically proven that an over-fasted glass of such a beverage is an effective preventative against breast cancer.
- Useful juice and children. The product promotes weight gain, immunity, and intellectual and physical abilities. But to enter such a drink should be literally a few drops and not earlier than two years of age of the baby.
- Apply juice from light grape varieties and for cosmetic purposes: make masks, creams, lotions for face, body and even hair.
Harmful to health
Freshly squeezed grape juice contains a high concentration of acids. Therefore, under certain conditions, this product may harm your health. To consume such a drink is undesirable:
- with stomach ulcer or gastritis;
- diabetes mellitus;
- chronic kidney disease;
- predisposition to tooth decay;
- it is not necessary to give juice from grapes to babies younger than two years;
- use of the product in the last months of pregnancy can lead to overweight, edema, excessive fetal body weight;
- nursing mothers should also limit the use of this drink, as the baby can form flatulence, disorders in the digestive tract, and the occurrence of allergic reactions is not ruled out.
Packaged grape juice: benefit and harm
It can be stated with confidence that the benefits of juice from packs are few. But the harm it can bring tangible, especially to children and future moms, as it usually contains a whole complex of chemical preservatives and colorings.
How to prepare grape juice for the winter?
Fresh juice does have different healing properties. But, unfortunately, grapes are a seasonal product. Even if it is sold in the winter season, there will be little benefit from such a berry. Therefore, the landlady harvests juice for future use. How to properly do this in order to maximize the preservation of all useful substances, as well as increase the shelf life of conservation?
There are two options for harvesting juice from grapes for the winter. More about each of these ways below.
Canned freshly squeezed grape juice: benefit and harm
There is an opinion that exactly this way of preserving juice from grapes preserves the maximum amount of useful substances. In fact, this is not so. Firstly, freshly squeezed juice is a perishable product, in which oxidation processes begin almost immediately. And secondly, boiling and sterilization, which can not be dispensed with in this case, destroy most of the vitamins and minerals.
Apple-grape juice is used to improve the taste and extend the shelf life. Benefits and harms from such a drink are identical to canned juice from a grape berry.
Juice from juice: is there any benefit?
In the last few years, modern housewives have appreciated such a household helper in the kitchen as a sovkharka. This technique will be especially useful for young mothers. How to make grape juice in a juice cooker, the benefit and harm of which is still not explainable? Prepare the juice in this apparatus is very simple. It works on the principle of a steamer - loaded fruits are processed by hot steam. Thus, useful substances are preserved as much as possible. Due to the natural dilution of the finished product with water vapor, the drink turns out to be less concentrated, so it is absolutely safe to offer it to children.
Undoubtedly, has a pleasant taste qualities such product as natural grape juice. The benefits and harms of this product remain an urgent topic for discussions between doctors and healers all over the world. Despite this, the drink enjoys high consumer demand and is a common folk remedy for a variety of ailments.