Cooked corn for weight loss - caloric content, features of use and recommendations
One of the important components of the diet of any person who is watching his weight is cereals. Corn is a bright representative of this family. It is rich in all the necessary vitamins and microelements, which support the body in the process of getting rid of unnecessary kilograms. Concerning whether it is possible to eat cooked corn at losing weight, any nutritionist will answer in the affirmative. Her sweet grains can act as a stand alone dish or serve as a complement to other foods.
A person who has set himself the goal of getting rid of excess weight should carefully consider his diet. It should contain products containing all vital substances to maintain the normal functioning of the body.
Cooked corn when losing weight - the main assistant. By its qualities, it is second only to wheat and rice. Corn is easily absorbed by the body without causing a feeling of heaviness in the stomach. Meanwhile, hunger retreats for a long time.
There is cooked corn when losing weight you can, even necessary. Its rich composition does not allow the appearance of a deficiency of vitamins and trace elements, which is often the cause of the deterioration of health with an incorrectly selected diet:
- Iron. It maintains a normal level of hemoglobin, normalizes the function of the endocrine and nervous systems.
- Zinc. Strengthens the defenses of the body, accelerates the metabolism.
- Manganese. He is responsible for strong bones and good mood.
- Potassium. Normalizes the work of the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
- Phosphorus. Important for teeth, bones and muscles, accelerates metabolism.
- Copper. Maintains a normal level of hemoglobin, participates in the synthesis of collagen, relieves depression.
- Magnesium. Strengthens bones and joints, beneficially affects the heart and blood vessels, relieves fatigue.
- Fluoride. Responsible for the condition of teeth, bones, nails and hair.
- Calcium. It interferes with the absorption of harmful saturated fats, improves blood clotting, strengthens the musculoskeletal system.
- Sodium. It regulates the water-salt balance, it is important for the normal functioning of the kidneys and the nervous system.
- Iodine. It is necessary to ensure the full functioning of almost all organs and systems.
- Cobalt. It starts metabolism and activates the production of pancreatic enzymes.
- Vitamins of group B, A, E, H, PP, C. Improve the appearance of the skin, hair, nails, teeth, normalize the work of all organs and systems.
Thus, cooked corn at loss provides saturation of the body with nutrients. It also helps to combat the depressive conditions that result from a sharp decrease in caloric intake of the daily diet.
But on this benefit of cooked corn when losing weight does not end, it:
- effectively eliminates constipation, which are frequent companions of diets;
- has a beneficial effect on the gastric mucosa, it is recommended to eat even in gastritis;
- reduces appetite;
- helps to eliminate edema.
In addition, corn does not accumulate harmful chemicals contained in fertilizers. Under the influence of high temperatures, the grain envelope practically does not collapse - all useful elements enter the body in full volume( especially after the use of the cob, cooked in a steamer).
Despite the tremendous use of cooked corn for losing weight, it is recommended to use it in the minimum amount of persons who have: an
- increased coagulability index;
- peptic ulcer of the gastrointestinal tract in the stage of exacerbation.
It is important to consider that excessive consumption of sweet grains can lead to bloating and flatulence. In addition, one should not rule out the possibility of having an individual intolerance.
Calories boiled corn when losing weight will not cause damage to the figure in the updated diet. In 100 g of the product contains only 123 kcal. But you need to take into account that it contains a lot of carbohydrates( 22.5 grams).The protein content in corn is optimal( 4.1 g.), Fat - very low( 2.3 g.).
In the presence of moderate physical exertion, and also depending on the sex, age and initial weight of a person, the daily caloric value, directed to getting rid of excess kilograms, is, on average, from 1300 to 1800 kcal. Thus, the use of up to 150 grams is permissible.boiled corn for weight loss. Caloric content with this approach allows for other complete meals and does not overload the body with carbohydrates.
Which products should be combined?
It's not enough to pay attention only to the quality of the food you eat. An important nuance is their combination, which largely determines the success of the result.
The main goal of the correct selection of products is to facilitate the digestion of food by the gastrointestinal tract. If it is achieved, the body will "retune" itself to get rid of excess kilograms, and the amount of harmful substances coming with food in it will drop drastically.
Long assimilation of food not only "litter" the intestines, but also leads to a constant feeling of fatigue, deterioration of the skin, various pathologies up to asthma.
In terms of compatibility, all products are classified as follows:
- proteins of animal origin;
- fresh vegetables, greens;
- cooked vegetables;
- nuts, dried fruits;
Cooked corn belongs to the first group. It fits perfectly with:
- avocado( but not with other fruits);
- with any vegetables;
- bread from whole grains;
- with butter;
- with olives;
- with spices;
- with vegetable oil.
Thus, cooked corn when losing weight will bring more benefit if it can be skillfully combined with other products.
Recommendations for the preparation of
The maximum possible amount of nutrients is contained in grains that have been cooked in a steamer.
Corn cooking algorithm:
- Clean and wash the cobs. Remove the decayed parts with a knife.
- If they are large, cut them with a knife into smaller portions.
- Place the green leaves removed from the corn on the bottom of the container. Top on them in one layer put the cobs.
- Young grains will be ready in 20 minutes, mature - after 1 hour.
- Cover them with a lid and allow to stand for 15 - 20 minutes. Lubricate with butter or sprinkle with salt.
The same algorithm should be followed for conventional cooking. To give the softness of the grains, it is necessary to place the cobs in several layers, but each of them must be shifted with green leaves. Corn in the preparation process do not salt.
Sweet boiled grains are an ideal component of the diet of a person who wants to lose weight. But, despite the low caloric content, you need to monitor the amount of carbohydrates and avoid excessive consumption.