How correctly to hand over a blood on a cholesterin and a glucose?
Many diseases in the initial stages are asymptomatic. Therefore, even healthy people are advised to take blood periodically, so as not to miss the first signs of ailment. Sometimes a person feels any disruptions in the work of the body, and the doctor gives directions for blood donation for further research. Blood will tell a lot even when there are no severe symptoms of the disease, this will allow us to start solving the problem as soon as possible.
Why do I need a blood test for cholesterol and sugar?
Even people who are not related to medicine in any way, have heard the words: cholesterol, atherosclerosis, blood sugar and diabetes. Many felt all these concepts on themselves. Every fifth inhabitant of the planet has disorders of body fat metabolism. Cholesterol in a small amount is useful and necessary for the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system, the synthesis of bile acids, metabolic processes at the cellular level, and participates in the production of sex hormones. Excess cholesterol can cause headaches, dizziness, does not allow to concentrate normally, negatively affects memorization of information, leads to numbness of limbs and periodic pains in the heart.
With diabetes, things are no better. From the disease people of different ages, gender and status suffer. The ailment is widespread all over the world and affects more and more people. Diagnose the condition in the early stages is entirely possible. On what it is necessary to pay attention:
- insatiable thirst;
- frequent urge to urinate;
- dryness of mucous membranes;
- constant fatigue and weakness;
- impairment of visual function;
- non-healing wounds, often appearing furuncles;
In the presence of at least one of the symptoms, it is worth considering and in the shortest time to get an appointment with an endocrinologist. An experienced specialist knows that the level of sugar and cholesterol in the blood march together and are closely related, arise from almost the same mistakes and health problems. The doctor will tell you about how correctly hand blood to cholesterol and sugar, so that the indicators are as correct as possible.
The norm and the deviation of cholesterol indicators
Cholesterol is "good" and "bad".The differences between them and the role in the body are as follows:
- "Good" is a kind of lipoprotein particles that have high density and protect vessels. They help in the prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- "Bad" is a kind of lipoprotein particles that have a low density and are deposited on the walls of the vessels. They are one of the main reasons for the development of atherosclerosis.
Often referred for analysis to determine the amount of total cholesterol in the blood, if it showed bad results, then you need to clarify the content of each lipoprotein particle. How correctly to hand over a blood on a cholesterin and from what the result depends? At carrying out of the given test necessarily take into account the age of the patient, after all in different life segment different indicators which are considered normal. So, for children, the acceptable concentration is 2.4 - 5.2 mmol / l. For adults, no more than 5.2 mmol / l. Also, it is necessary to take into account the presence of excess weight, smoking, various illnesses in the patient's anamnesis and lifestyle.
Cholesterol and sugar must be assessed for people with hypertension, suspected diabetes mellitus, after suffering strokes, heart attacks, people suffering from heart failure, vascular and liver diseases.
If a person considers himself absolutely healthy, this does not mean that he does not need to do such an analysis. There are some risk factors, the presence of which implies periodic blood donation for research. The main ones are:
- presence of excess weight, obesity;
- for men after 40 and for women after 50 years;
- sedentary or sedentary lifestyle;
- irregular and irregular meals, consumption of fatty and fried foods;
- the presence of close relatives suffering from diabetes.
Before you go to the laboratory, you need to know how to properly donate blood to cholesterol. One should adhere to simple principles:
- blood must be taken in the morning;
- it is better to stop eating any food 12 hours before blood donation;
- 24 hours before the test should completely stop using kvass, kefir and alcohol;
- the day before it is better to limit physical and nervous loads;
- can not be smoked before passing tests;
- should definitely inform about taking any medications.
Many people are still wondering how to take the test for cholesterol - on an empty stomach or not. Yes, and not only on an empty stomach, it is better to completely exclude food for 12 hours.
Also, many are interested in how the blood passes for analysis for cholesterol, how to take: from a finger or vein. Blood for examination is taken from the vein. This is practically painless procedure. To provide more accurate information on the number of particles in the body, only venous blood is suitable.
Types of assays
How to properly give blood to cholesterol and what kind of analysis is needed, can tell only the doctor. Types of tests:
- A general blood test - it is prescribed to determine the total number of particles in the body. The doctor prescribes such an analysis, after examining the patient and collecting an anamnesis.
- Biochemical - more detailed analysis, it shows other blood indicators. It combines several research methods: colormetric, nephelometric, fluorimetric, titrometric and gaschromatic.
- Express analysis, which can be carried out in home, in just 5 minutes you can already find out the results. To do this, you will need to purchase a special device with special test strips. This method of research will allow you to know the level of cholesterol in your blood at any convenient time.
- Lipidogram - an extensive blood test for the amount of "good" and "bad" cholesterol. This analysis helps to more accurately diagnose and prescribe appropriate treatment.
What you need to know before you go to take an analysis for cholesterol, how to prepare - this will tell the doctor, who sends to donate blood for research.
What are the deviations?
If everything was done correctly and the patient was prepared as much as possible, and the results signal an increased cholesterol index, then this indicates that there are health problems. When to start experiencing:
- if deviations from the norm exceed 5 units, this may be the onset of atherosclerosis development;
- coefficient from 3 to 4 suggests that it is worth considering, because the risk of developing atherosclerosis is very high;
- indicators, which do not exceed 3 units, suggest that the development of atherosclerosis is very unlikely, so far, it is not worth worrying about.
If the astrogity coefficient is increased, then it is necessary to pass the analysis and sugar.
For the diagnosis of many diagnoses, cholesterol analysis is very important. How to take it and is it worth worrying when it is downgraded? Certainly such a condition may present some danger to the body. Hypocholiveremia may occur in the presence of certain diseases and malfunctions:
- acute infection, sepsis;
- liver cancer, cirrhosis or disease accompanied by cell necrosis;
- starvation and cachexia;
- eating food containing fatty acids;
- burns with a large area of damage;
- is a malabsorption syndrome;
- chronic lung pathology.
Effect of nutrition
Many foods can increase or decrease the amount of cholesterol and sugar. In order not to make elementary errors, you need to know exactly how to properly give blood to cholesterol and glucose. It is not recommended to eat high-carb foods, fatty, fried and spicy. You should not drink alcohol. It is better to give up drinks that cause fermentation in the intestines, they include natural kvas and sour milk drinks. What will reveal the analysis for cholesterol, how to take it and what to use before it? For 2-3 days it is advisable to switch to vegetables, cereals and low-fat meat and fish. All products are best cooked or stewed. The last meal should not be later than 12 hours before the delivery of the cut. If possible, it is better not to take medications that can distort results.
Taking tests for cholesterol and blood sugar is very important. Due to systematic control, it is possible to consider and prevent the problem in advance. Many deviations from the norm are corrected in the most ordinary and simple ways, without the help of medications.
It is especially worth thinking about this to those people who are at risk. It is better to selectively treat food in advance and try to get rid of bad habits. Even if the condition requires taking certain medications, it is worth remembering that these measures are being taken to prolong a person's life and improve health. Already too serious diseases lie in wait for those who do not want to understand this.
Be sure to ask about how to properly donate blood to cholesterol and how often it should be done by your doctor. Preventing the disease is much easier than treating it. Simple recommendations will help to avoid cardiovascular diseases, which in recent years are more common, and every year - the patients are all younger.