Causes and treatment of microbial eczema: ointments, photos
It turns out that every third person on earth at least once, but faced with eczema. This disease, which affects the skin and is expressed by severe itching, redness. One of the varieties of this ailment is microbial eczema. Photos of this disease can be seen in the pictures below. The appearance of the affected foci is not very pleasant: they are covered with crusts, become wet, look unaesthetic. Microbial eczema differs from other infectious ailments of the skin in that it is caused not only by the microorganism itself, but also by malfunctions in the work of the human immune system. And this greatly complicates the process of recovery.
Microbial eczema can be:
- Acute - lasts from several weeks to 3 months. A patch of bright red color appears on the skin, it itches, it becomes wet.
- Podostroi - lasts from 3 months to 6 months. There is not only redness of the skin, but also its densification, the appearance of peeling.
- Chronic - lasts more than 6 months. The affected skin is very dense, the color is very different from the surrounding tissues.
Where can it manifest itself?
Microbial eczema, a photo of which can be seen in the article, arises:
- In places of chronic pyoderma.
- Around trophic ulcers.
- In the field of poorly healing wounds.
- Near the abrasions, fistulas.
- On the sick legs( varicose veins).
Causes of the appearance of
Before starting treatment of microbial eczema, it is necessary to find out what was the reason for the development of this disease. The causes of the appearance of the disease can be as follows:
- Weakened immunity.
- Consequences of an allergy.
- Diseases of internal organs.
- Breaking the hormonal background.
- Frequent stress, nervous disorders, depression.
- Effects on the body of adverse natural factors.
Who is at risk? People with high susceptibility to microbial eczema are streptococci. They are often:
- Neglect of personal hygiene.
- Have problems with the digestive system, as well as the endocrine system.
- Experiencing stressful stresses.
- Constantly sick, the defenses of such people are depleted.
Microbe eczema - hands
Appears due to complications of pustular skin diseases, formed around wounds, ulcers, fistulas, burns. Treatment of microbial eczema on the hands is a lengthy occupation, as a person usually contacts various items, household chemicals, without putting on gloves. Therapy of this disease for each patient has its own, because people have different types, severity of the disease. Also, when choosing a method of treatment, the doctor takes into account the age of the patient, his general state of health.
In general, the treatment of microbial eczema on the hands should be comprehensive. The specialist prescribes such groups of drugs:
- Enteroenterprise for reducing intoxication. It can be such drugs in the form of tablets, like "Atoxil", "Polysorb".
- Antibiotics. These can be aminoglycosides, macrolides, fluoroquinolones.
- Hormonal treatment. Preparations "Prednisolone", "Dexamethasone".
- Vitaminotherapy. Necessary to prescribe ascorbic, folic acid, vitamins of group E and B.
- Antihistamines. It can be such drugs as Zirtek, Loratadin, Erius, Lomilan, etc.
- Immunostimulants - "Timogen", "Plasmol", etc.
It should not be forgotten that microbial eczema on the hands is treated more slowly, than on the legs. After all, the lower extremities may not contact chemical preparations, detergents, etc. But the hands of a person daily wash dishes, wash clothes, etc. Therefore, doctors give such recommendations to patients for a speedy recovery:
- If possible, limit, and it is better to stop using funds forwashing floors, utensils.
- The water should not be hot, the optimum temperature is 37 degrees.
Microbial eczema on the lower extremities
The disease can also start on the legs if the microbes get into wounds and abrasions. Symptomatology of the disease on the lower limbs - the appearance of purulent vesicles, redness, itching. Microbial eczema on the legs is treated in the same way as on the arms. Antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal agents are prescribed. Medications are used externally and internally. If the disease is accompanied by varicose veins, then the treatment of microbial eczema on the legs is complemented by wearing special compression lingerie - stockings, socks, tights that tone up the bloodstream. Also the doctor gives recommendations to the patient:
- Do not burden your legs.
- Avoid long distance walks.
- Wear well-ventilated shoes to get rid of the rash on the legs.
- Put on natural socks.
- For the night, fit a small cushion or pillow under your feet.
Popular local antibiotic against microbial eczema
The drug for local therapy of diseases arising from bacterial infections of the skin and soft tissues, which is successfully used in medicine, is called "Bactroban."Instructions for using this medication are as follows:
- Apply ointment 2 to 3 times a day. A small amount of funds to put on a problem place, put a bandage on top.
- After application, wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
The duration of therapy with this ointment is up to 10 days, depending on the severity of the microbial eczema. If no improvement occurs within 5 days, then the patient should consult a doctor to change the treatment regimen.
Cream "Bactroban", the instructions for use of which must be in the package with the medicine, can be used as a monotherapy or in combination with other medicines.
An effective ointment with anti-inflammatory, antipruritic and anti-edematous effect, successfully used for dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema, is called "Lokoid".Hydrocortisone 17-butyrate is used as the active substance. The cream "Lokoid", whose price is high enough, considering that the ointment is sold in tubes of only 30 grams, is used as follows:
- Apply the product to problem sites 1 to 3 times a day. When improving the skin condition, reduce the use of the drug to 3 times a week.
- Apply ointment with massaging movements. The therapeutic course is established individually and depends on the patient's condition and the course of the disease.
Warning! Dermatologists appoint patients to apply ointment from 30 to 60 g for 1 week, and it costs about 350 r.for a tube. Considering that the drug "Lokoid", whose price initially may seem low, is consumed promptly - packing for 7 days - it is easy to calculate how much money a person will have to spend if the course of his therapy is 3 weeks. It turns out that from 1050 to 1800 r. And this is only for this ointment. But it is necessarily used together with other drugs for complex therapy.
This is another tool that is used to treat microbial eczema. The drug refers to corticosteroid medications. The solution of "Soderm" relieves itching and pain. Use the product up to 4 times a week. Treatment of microbial eczema with this solution can bring to the person side effects, for example, there will be allergic reactions in the form of itching, spots, excessive hair growth in undesirable places.
The drug "Soderm" is forbidden to use in such cases:
- People who have skin tuberculosis, smallpox, acne, skin manifestations of syphilis.
- Children under 1 year.
- For skin reactions after vaccinations.
- In case of individual intolerance to the components of the preparation.
A solution is used to treat microbial eczema on the head. The patient independently applies a small amount of the drug with a special nozzle on the scalp, affected by the disease.
The cancellation of the Soderm facility must be gradual.
Treatment of microbial eczema with this drug gives a good result if a person will use the cream 2 times a day without interruption for 2 weeks."Triderm" has such effects:
This drug is quite effective, it quickly removes inflammation on the skin, but in some cases it is forbidden to use it:
- With such diagnoses as chicken pox, herpes, skin tuberculosis, cutaneous manifestations of syphilis.
- With open wounds.
- Babies under 2 years.
Use caution with pregnant women, especially in the first trimester, children older than 2 years.
In addition to the application of ointments, creams from microbial eczema, dermatologists also prescribe medications for oral administration, compliance with the diet. Also, one of the variants of physiotherapy can be offered to the patient:
- Laser treatment.
- Electrophoresis with medicinal products.
- Ultraviolet irradiation.
- Effect of ozone.
People who have successfully disposed of microbial eczema in the future should follow preventive measures so that the problem does not return again. Be sure to increase immunity, exclude from the diet those products that can be allergens, observe personal hygiene.
Ignoring the problem of
If a person does not consult a doctor, does not react to a disease such as microbial eczema, treatment( ointment, pills, physiotherapy, folk remedies), appointed by a specialist, ignores, this can lead to serious consequences and cause:
-red itchy spots on other areas of the skin.
- The appearance of Kaposi's eczema, a herpetic infection.
- Development of the chronic form of microbial eczema, from which it is impossible to get rid.
Also such sad consequences can be observed at those patients who independently try to liquidate an illness. Only an expert after a series of analyzes, assessing the general health of the patient can prescribe the correct treatment regimen. Therefore, if you suspect a skin disease, you do not need to try to pick up your medication yourself, you need to urgently go to a consultation with a dermatologist.
In this article, the reader has become acquainted with such an unpleasant problem as microbial eczema. From this disease no one is insured, because the reasons for its appearance can serve various factors: from frequent stresses to unfavorable living conditions. To treat microbial eczema is necessary in a complex: to take medicines, to lubricate problem places with ointments, such as "Triderm", "Lokoid", "Bactroban".Also, one should not forget about diet and personal hygiene. A timely appeal to a dermatologist will help not to start the problem and not to transfer it to the category of chronic ailments.