What is the WFD in gynecology?
Gynecology uses a variety of methods to diagnose a patient's condition. Some studies are carried out quickly and painlessly. For example, ultrasound. Others require the use of anesthesia and hospital stay( laparoscopy).Today's article will tell you about what the WFD is in gynecology. You will learn about the peculiarities of this manipulation and the testimony to its conduct.
What is hysteroscopy and WFD in gynecology? These are two diagnostic manipulations that are combined with each other. Let us analyze them in detail. The decoding of the WFD in gynecology reads as follows: "Separate diagnostic curettage".This procedure is necessary to confirm or deny an existing diagnosis. The doctor appoints her in the case when he himself is not sure or can not confirm his verdict in other ways. It is worth noting that the WFD in gynecology allows you to put a 100% reliable result. While other methods of diagnosis can not give this accuracy.
Hysteroscopy is a test that is performed using a special magnifying device. It's called a hysteroscope. Diagnosis allows you to examine the uterine cavity and, if necessary, perform medical manipulations: remove polyps, take a biopsy and so on. The study is conducted exclusively in the hospital. The combination of hysteroscopy and WFD in gynecology has given the specialists great opportunities for examining the patient and further prescribing the right therapy.
When a study is needed: indications
Separate diagnostic curettage is provided in the following situations:
- Neoplasms in the uterus or suspected of them: fibroids, polyps, cysts, septums.
- Structural changes in the endometrium: hyperplasia or dysplasia.
- Disorders of the menstrual cycle of unknown origin. It is a question of long delays or heavy bleeding.
- Cancer of the cervix or body of the childbearing organ at any stage. Including when you suspect a pathology.
If the doctor assumes you have these diseases, then he will give you a referral to the WFD.In gynecology, a free diagnosis is provided for women according to indications. Also, manipulation is carried out in private clinics. But such medical institutions provide a fee for the provision of their services.
Contraindications to manipulation of
Some women are banned from this diagnosis. Consider the conditions under which the procedure should be abandoned:
- Inflammatory process. If during training it turns out that a woman has infectious diseases of the genitals, then they must first be eliminated. Carrying out manipulation in the inflammatory process can increase the likelihood of complications. Stenosis of the cervix or cervical canal. With this pathology, there is a narrowing of the vessels. The doctor simply can not expand the cervix without damaging it. Therefore, before manipulation it is necessary to remove spasm and undergo treatment.
- Pregnancy. If the patient is in an interesting position and wants to save the fetus, then such actions are strictly contraindicated. Any intervention in the genital organ and manipulation of the cervix can lead to the termination of pregnancy.
- Viral and bacterial diseases. The procedure for separate curettage is postponed if the patient is sick. Even a commonplace cold, fever or flu become a contraindication.
- Use of intrauterine contraceptives( spiral).Before diagnosis, such a device must be removed from the cavity of the childbearing organ.
Some sources indicate that the WFD is unacceptable for advanced cervical cancer. However, this condition is doubtful. After all, the indication for the operation is an oncological lesion of the cervix and the cervical canal. Therefore, in each case, the possibility of the procedure should be determined by the doctor.
Preparing for the
Before the procedure, the patient must undergo a checkup. A woman needs to donate blood for coagulation. The presence of antibodies to HIV, syphilis, STDs is determined. Also the gynecologist will take a swab from the vagina, the study of which will show the state of the microflora. A woman before the WFD needs to have a cardiogram, a fluorography, and a visit to the therapist. If you are allergic to any medications, then be sure to inform the doctor. Manipulation provides for preliminary hygiene procedures. The patient needs to wash and shave. Going to the hospital, take with you a change of linen, sanitary napkins and documents.
Progress of operation
On the procedure of WFD( in gynecology), reviews say that manipulation is always performed under general anesthesia. Specialists prefer general anesthesia: intravenous. In this case, the patient sleeps and does not feel anything. Therefore, can not interfere with the work of doctors. If such anesthesia is impossible( for example, if there is an allergy), then the woman is simply cuffed by the cervix with anesthetics. Then the following actions are performed:
- vulva and cervix are treated with an alcoholic antiseptic or iodine solution;
- cervical canal widened by probe;
- a hysteroscope is inserted into the cavity of the genital organ, which allows to monitor the progress of the operation;
- using curette is done by alternate scraping.
Separate diagnostic curettage has its name for the reason that the material is first collected from the cervical canal, and then from the uterine cavity. The procedure is performed 2-3 days before or immediately after menstruation.
During menstruation: opinion of some doctors
There are gynecologists who prefer to perform manipulation during bleeding. They talk about the procedure of the WFD( in gynecology), that these are the same period, only artificial. The operation performed in this part of the cycle can reduce the risk of severe bleeding and complications. When curettage separates only the surface of the mucosa, which increases during the month. The basal layer responsible for new cells is not affected. Nevertheless, carrying out the WFD during menstruation has its risks.
State after procedure
The manipulation is no more than 20 minutes. After this, the woman is transported to the ward, where she departs from anesthesia. At this time, the patient is closely monitored. Usually during the day a woman remains in the hospital, where she receives antimicrobial therapy. In the absence of contraindications and complications, the discharge is carried out the next day. However, after 7-10 days a woman should return to the clinic and undergo an additional examination. It includes gynecological examination, ultrasound diagnosis. The doctor assesses the condition of the mucous membrane and finds out how its healing proceeds.
Consequences of manipulation
Has the WFD( in gynecology) consequences. But they are rare. Much depends on the skills of the doctor, the possibilities of the clinic and the modernity of the equipment. Among the complications can be identified such conditions:
- Perforation of the walls of the genital organ. Small lesions overgrow themselves, and large areas are sutured during an additional operation.
- Cervical neck injury. It is fraught with the appearance of scars and difficulties during the natural delivery.
- Formation of hematomas and hematomas. The blood accumulates in the uterine cavity, which can not escape from the neck spasm.
- Basal layer damage. This condition does not respond to treatment.
- Inflammatory process. It starts because of non-compliance with asepsis, requires the use of antibiotics.
Almost all the complications described have their own symptoms. This increase in body temperature, pain in the abdominal cavity, discharge from the genital tract with an unpleasant odor. Contact the doctor if you find any.
Material Studies and Result
After separate curettage, the resulting material is placed in sterile containers. In this condition, he is sent for histological examination. In the laboratory, specialists color cells in different colors, and then determine their reaction. The result of the diagnosis is ready 10-14 days after the WFD.You can get a conclusion from the doctor who performed the manipulation, or your gynecologist. After this, you must definitely go to another appointment with a doctor. The specialist will tell you about the values entered in the form.
The rest of the tactic is determined in accordance with the received data. Therapy is completely dependent on the result of the operation. If polyps, myoma, cysts are found, then hormonal correction is prescribed. Sometimes surgical intervention is required. Endometritis and inflammatory processes include the provision of antibiotic therapy with the use of immunomodulators and vitamin complexes. The tactics of treatment are chosen in accordance with the age of the patient and the desire to have children in the future.
Instead of the conclusion of
, you learned about the procedure of WFD in gynecology. What is it, the photo of the operation, the testimony for its conduct - everything is described in the article. Such manipulation is always planned, it has its limitations. If you are assigned a separate curettage, then do not give up and get scared. Because only so you can know exactly about your health. The results reflect the condition of the mucous cervical canal and the health of the childbearing organ. Manipulation allows you to assess the performance of the reproductive system and the hormonal background as a whole. Good luck to you and good results!