Boric acid: where to buy, how to use
There are many acids that are used in everyday life. However, not everyone can boast of its versatility: to rid the house of cockroaches, to make the face beautiful and clean, to affect the yield. Such a remedy exists, and the name is boric acid. Where to buy this drug, in what forms it is implemented, what recipes masks are available with it - this is what this article will discuss. Also find out what the price of this product is and whether it has side effects.
Boric acid is a white powder that looks like crystals. It is poorly soluble in water, has no taste, no smell.
In medicine, boric acid is known as an excellent antiseptic. For the treatment of wounds on the skin, powder or an aqueous solution of this preparation is often used.
Also this substance is used in everyday life for getting rid of cockroaches. In gardening - to increase the number of ovaries, stimulate the emergence of new points of growth of stems, for excellent taste qualities of fruits.
Boric acid, the price of which will be affordable to a person with any income, is realized in the form:
- Alcohol solution.
Boric acid: where to buy the product?
You can buy it:
- in hardware stores;
- in pharmacies;
- in online stores.
Boric acid solution is used for:
Powder is used with:
Ointment and liniment are used for:
- neuralgia and myositis.
Boric acid powder is often used against acne. The agent has the following properties:
Powder helps quickly heal small cracks, abrasions. Also, the substance is effective against insect bites. The product is practically non-irritating to the skin, has a soft effect, suitable for normal and oily skin. But for sensitive skin it is better not to use it.
The product has proven itself in the fight against fungus, which often affects the nail plate. There are 2 ways to get rid of mycosis with boric acid:
- Baths. In a small container, pour water at a temperature of 50 degrees, add boric acid, mix thoroughly. If powder is used, then wait until it dissolves. The procedure should be 1 time per day. The legs must be loosened for about 15 minutes. After this, the feet should be wiped with a clean towel.
- Compress with a substance such as boric acid. Pour the powder on the affected nail, seal with adhesive plaster and leave it overnight.
Get rid of ear aches
You can cure the affected ear with boric acid with hydrogen peroxide. It is necessary to prepare the turundas, which will be inserted into the diseased organ. The main medical component is just boric acid. Where to buy it, you know. And where to find hydrogen peroxide? You will also find this component in the pharmacy. So, you need to mix both ingredients in a 2: 1 ratio. Moisten in the resulting solution wadded( gauze) flagellum and insert it into the sore ear.
How to dissolve boric acid with water?
To prepare an aqueous solution, use 3 g of the powder of the described preparation and 4 tablespoons of hot water.
When the medicine has cooled to a temperature of 37 degrees, imbue them with a gauze napkin and cover it with a stricken place.
Mask from acne
With this method, pustules are cauterized and dried, and the skin on the face will no longer become inflamed:
- Wet cotton sponge in a solution of boric acid.
- Wipe them only those places on which there are pimples. Do not rinse, but leave for the night.
- In the morning wash.
People who have pigment spots can get rid of them with a substance such as boric acid. The recipe for the mask in this case is as follows:
- Fresh cucumber grate.
- Mix it with 10 ml of boric acid solution.
- Apply the gruel to the problem site.
- Withstand 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
Face peeling mask
To cleanse the skin of the dead skin of the epidermis, you can apply the following prescription for tightening the skin:
- Mix boric acid solution( 50 ml) with salicylic( 20 ml).
- Pour in medical alcohol( 50 ml).
- Mix everything and use a cotton pad to treat the face, except the area around the eyes.
- After 7 minutes after applying this mask, wash. This will remove all the keratinized skin.
- Apply nourishing cream.
Treatment of pungent lichen
- With dilute boric acid( how to dilute it correctly, it was described above) daily lubricate the affected area of the skin.
- The course of therapy - 10 days.
Treatment of candidiasis
Thrush in women can also be overcome with a solution of boric acid:
- One teaspoon of powder dissolved in warm boiled water.
- Diligently moisten in a solution a cotton swab, place it deep in the vagina.
Such medical manipulations should be conducted up to 6 times a day.
The improvement of the woman can be noticed after 3 days of active application of the solution. The action of the substance in this case is as follows: it restores the balance of bacteria and fungi, normalizes the microflora of the vagina.
Poison for cockroaches!
Boric acid is a poison for unwanted insects, which can sometimes live in our apartments. Getting into the body of cockroaches, this substance acts lightly on the nervous system, causing paralysis of muscles, nerves, and as a result - death. In order for the poison to kill the insect, it must swallow it.
To do this, you need to make small long strips of boric acid near the places of concentration of cockroaches: near the toilet, sink, plinth, in the dark corners of the apartment. Often these insects live in the kitchen, so when you go there at night, you can quickly see where exactly these parasites escape. And in those places it is necessary to decompose the powder. Running through such a poisoned path, the cockroach will capture some amount of money. After a while, he starts to clean his paws and eventually eats poison.
Is it risky to use the drug in an apartment?
Boric acid - a powder, to which people often resort in the fight against cockroaches. Is the substance dangerous for humans and pets? For an adult there is no. But for babies and pets - yes. After all, they can accidentally try this substance, which in the end can negatively affect their health.
Signs of intoxication in humans with boric acid can be as follows:
- Vomiting with blood.
- Lack of appetite.
- Lethargy, apathy.
- Cramping abdominal pain.
- Diarrhea with impurities of blood.
- Redness of the skin on the buttocks, palms, feet.
If you ignore the problem and do nothing, it can lead to such bad consequences as:
- Kidney failure.
- Nervous system disorders: convulsions, twitching, trembling.
- Edema in the genital area.
- Coma, and then death.
Boric acid, the price of which depends on the form of release of the product, is a common drug. Sold in all pharmacies. The price of this product is scanty. So, for the powder( 10 g) you need to give from 35 to 50 rubles. For a 3% solution of 25 ml, you only need to pay 20 rubles.
Side Effects of
Prolonged use of the drug may lead to such negative manifestations as:
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Rashes over the body.
- Reduces the amount of urine.
- Shock status.
Restrictions on the use of
Powder, ointment or boric acid solution is prohibited in such cases:
- In case of impaired renal function.
- For children under 12 years.
- During breastfeeding.
- During pregnancy.
- For individual intolerance to the drug.
It is also not recommended to apply boric acid to the mucous membranes and to large areas of the body.
From the article you learned that a substance that has found its use in everyday life, cosmetology, agriculture, is called boric acid. Where to buy this tool, how to use it correctly, what its price is, also found out. We realized that this is a universal substance, from which you can make an excellent poison for cockroaches, as well as an excellent face mask.