Eucalyptus essential oil: properties and uses, instructions and reviews
Eucalyptus is called the extensive genus of evergreen tree plants. Without exaggeration, this is one of the most popular fragrances. As a rule, it is associated with coniferous, but in fact belongs to the family of Myrtovs.
Where does it grow?
Most of the species of this plant grows in the forests of Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand. Also eucalyptus can be found in Indonesia, New Guinea and the Philippines.
Today this tree is bred in many countries. This is done not for the sake of its disinfecting properties, but for its ability to drain swampy places.
Application of raw materials
Eucalyptus wood is quite hard and dense. It is often used to build ships, various tools and paper production.
The bark of this tree contains a large amount of tannins. From it they make healing broths.
As for the leaves of the plant, they also do not disappear. Of these, all the known eucalyptus essential oil is made. This product is actively used for inhalation procedures, rinses, and as a diversion for rheumatism, neuralgia and lumbago.
The properties of eucalyptus oil are such that it is part of a number of medicinal ointments intended for wound healing. Also this substance is ideal for the treatment of pulmonary diseases.
Eucalyptus essential oil( properties and uses of this substance are described below) is a clear and easily mobile liquid. It can be colorless or slightly yellow. Such a product has a characteristic and recognizable smell. Many consumers describe it as cooling, resinous-tart and light.
As mentioned above, the birthplace of eucalyptus is Tasmania and Australia. The aborigines of these lands called this evergreen plant the "tree of life" and the "diamond of the forest".
In ancient times this product was used to treat infectious diseases and wounds, relieve fatigue and muscular pain, as well as from the common cold and as a seasoning in cooking.
Composition and method of obtaining
Few people know that it contains eucalyptus oil. Instruction says that this product is 60-80% of cineol. Such a high content of this component determines its therapeutic effect.
In addition to cineole, this product contains tannic substances, organic acids, flavanoids and various aldehydes. According to the experts, only about 40 medicinal components are contained in the oil.
How is eucalyptus oil produced? In the pharmacy this natural product can be purchased in an already ready-made form. However, before placing in a vial, this product undergoes a lot of different processing.
Eucalyptus eucalyptus oil is known to be hydrodistillated. This procedure is subjected to young shoots and leaves of fast-growing plant species( for example, globular, ashy and rod-shaped).Usually from about one ton of feedstock approximately 3-5 kg of essential oil is produced. What are the essential oils of eucalyptus? The properties and application of this product will be described right now.
The product under consideration has pronounced phytoncidal properties. It is actively used as an analgesic, antiseptic and antiparasitic agent.
It should also be noted that the effectiveness of the oil in question lies not only in the properties of its unique components, but in their ability to produce vapors. The masculine aroma of this plant is able to quickly restore the human body after stress and various diseases. Also, this oil increases concentration of attention and sexual energy, reveals the internal reserve and intellectual capabilities.
How does the eucalyptus essential oil affect the human body? The properties and applications of this product are known to many. However, not everyone knows about the benefits of this drug compared to others.
- Eucalyptus, or rather oil, obtained from its leaves, has a variety of uses. Thanks to antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-infective action, it is indispensable for colds, including cough and throat infections. It should also be noted that such a product is prescribed for the common cold.
- Due to the pronounced antipyretic properties that are inherent in eucalyptus, it is actively used for the treatment of bronchitis, influenza and tuberculosis.
- The product under consideration positively affects the human HC.It helps improve the concentration and activation of intellectual capabilities. Thanks to the use of this oil, the body that has suffered severe stress and various diseases is very quickly restored. Also, this drug eliminates emotional overload and relieves stress.
- Eucalyptus oil for children is prescribed very often. This is due to the fact that it strengthens the immune system well. Thus, this tool is always included in the complex therapy of herpes and hepatitis. With the help of the product under consideration, inflammatory processes( including in the genitourinary sphere), respiratory and viral infections are also eliminated. Often doctors recommend using it for the therapy of dermatological diseases.
- In the presence of acne and pigment spots, this agent also exhibits high efficiency. It promotes the healing of abrasions, wounds, as well as small frostbite and burns. In addition, this oil has a beneficial effect on the hair.
- Using eucalyptus oil, you can permanently eliminate dental diseases, including inflammation and bleeding gums.
- Beneficial work of this product is observed in relation to the gastrointestinal tract. In addition, the oil can reduce blood sugar, especially in patients with diabetes mellitus.
- The use of eucalyptus oil improves blood circulation. This is due to the enrichment of blood O2.
- This product has an analgesic effect. It eliminates not only pain in the head, but also vertebral and joint. Also, this remedy is often prescribed for the treatment of rheumatism and arthritis. What is the use of the essential oil of eucalyptus? The properties and application of this drug are indicated in this article. The said means can be appointed for air disinfection, as well as for neutralization of unpleasant odors. As you know, it refreshes and disinfects the air, and therefore is an indispensable preparation for seasonal viral epidemics.
Another useful feature of this product is that the pronounced aroma of eucalyptus drives away mosquitoes and lice. Therefore, it is often used for disinfection of premises.
Above we told you about how to get oil from eucalyptus. However, it should be noted that such a product is not always used in its pure form. In some cases, the leaves of this plant are not processed. For example, bathing procedures from the eucalyptus( sometimes used with birch, oak and juniper) are very popular in bathing and in the sauna.
In the process of soaring from young shoots, the oil begins to evaporate actively. Thus, a person inhales vapors that have a beneficial effect on his respiratory tract, immune system and skin.
It should also be noted that, in the common cold, eucalyptus leaves are often applied to the nose and held in this position for half an hour. For a better therapeutic effect, the leaf should be hand-waxed beforehand.
How to use
How and in what quantity should the agent be used? According to the instructions, this preparation is used as follows:
- Eucalyptus inhalations( hot) are carried out for 8-10 minutes. For this, 4 drops of ether are added to 200 ml of boiled water.
- Add 5-6 drops of oil to the aroma lamps.
- 5 drops of ether are also used for taking aromatic. If desired, it can be combined with cottage oils.
- It is recommended to add 2 drops of the drug to aroma melons.
- For the massage, about 7 drops per 10 ml of the base are used.
- In the grinding of painful and inflamed areas, 8 drops of oil are used, which are also added to 10 ml of the basic product.
- Specialized shampoos use 5 drops of ether and 10 ml of the base.
- In cosmetology, this drug is recommended to use in an amount of 10 drops per 5 ml of the base.
- When visiting saunas and baths, eucalyptus ether can be well combined with other types of oil. In this case, they should be taken in an amount of not more than 6 drops.
Restrictions on the use of
Many experts are aware that the product in question is a strong oil. After it is applied to the skin, the patient often has a burning sensation, a slight redness and tingling. As a rule, such phenomena continue for 2-3 minutes, after which they disappear.
Doctors say that this is quite a natural reaction. However, in some cases, against the background of the application of the ether in question, individual intolerance of its components is also possible.
The product obtained from leaves and young shoots of eucalyptus is not recommended for children under two years of age. It is also contraindicated for pregnant women up to 4 months. It can not be combined with homeopathic medicines, used for high blood pressure, epilepsy and after chemotherapy.
Cost of air
How much does eucalyptus oil cost? The price of this tool is quite high. As a rule, it is about 200 rubles.
user reviews Almost all reviews about medicines containing eucalyptus oil are positive. Patients say that the use of this unique product has a beneficial effect not only on the person's well-being, but also on his mood. Also, this medicine helps in solving such painful conditions as colds, tonsillitis, runny nose, radiculitis, neuralgia, arthritis, rheumatism and others. In addition, relaxing procedures with the use of the ether under consideration help to relieve fatigue, and also make up for the strength after a day's work.
As for negative messages, they are most often associated with the appearance of allergic reactions. In this case, it is better to reject the drug.