Therapeutic exercises for the waist: description of exercises, reviews
Pain in the lumbar spine causes diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Manifestations of lumbosacral radiculitis are troubled quite often. This degenerative-dystrophic process of intervertebral discs leads to this pathological condition. And this, in turn, can cause osteochondrosis. The cartilaginous layer is displaced and thinned, the spinal nerves are infringed and reactively inflamed. All this provokes intense pain, which is increased during movement and physical exertion. In this article, we will examine how effective gymnastics are for the waist.
What can help?
Such a pain is eliminated by an arsenal of available tools - medication, physiotherapy, massage, manual therapy. But not only the listed therapeutic methods can help. It is necessary to engage in special therapeutic gymnastics for the waist. This is an obligatory element of therapy, otherwise it is not worth counting on the effectiveness of treatment. If the recommended physical exercises are performed, the following positive results will necessarily be:
- The pain will be removed.
- The muscular lumbar structure will be strengthened.
- Intervertebral gaps widen, the restrained nerves become relieved.
- Blood supply and metabolism in the vertebrae, nerves, cartilage, muscles of the lumbar region increase.
All this provides gymnastics for the waist.
Recommendations for performing gymnastics
Physical exercises are considered a fairly powerful weapon in the therapy of certain diseases of the spine. If they are not too skillful to carry out, the pain will not only fail, it can still intensify. It is necessary to comply with a certain list of requirements so that the deterioration does not occur:
- Movements should be smooth, without jerks and sudden attacks.
- Before classes, a large, bright room should be thoroughly ventilated. Clothes are selected as much as possible natural.
- It is necessary to control breathing: inhalation - exercise, exhalation - relaxation.
- One element requires at least ten repetitions to begin with, then you can increase the number of times and increase the number of approaches as you adapt to the load.
- If there is pain and other negative symptoms( nausea, general weakness, headache), this requires stopping the exercises.
The gymnastics for the waist is performed regularly, at about the same time of the day, convenient for the patient.
Where to start?
Anesthetic gymnastics can be performed from sitting, lying, standing. Exercises help stretch and strengthen the muscles. But the load on intervertebral discs is not allowed. How easy and simple to stretch the spine? It is enough to hang on the crossbar, while the power elements can not be used. The vertebral column as a result is passively stretched under the action of the body's gravity. The gaps between the vertebrae are stretched, the pinched nerves are released. Especially useful gymnastics for the back with osteochondrosis.
It's hard for women to hang on the crossbar, and not all men succeed in this. May interfere with health status or age. Then you can take a position on all fours and exercise from it. This situation is also called knee-elbow. It spares the spine as much as possible and prevents disc displacement.
It's enough just to walk on all fours, while slightly bending your back. And it's important to keep an eye on the breath - a deep breath needs to be alternated with a deep exhalation. Classes last no more than 20 minutes.
What is the gymnastics for the waist? About this further.
What kinds of exercises are there?
Standing exercises are also very effective. This creates an optimal balanced load on the muscles of the back, the press, buttocks and thighs. But it is necessary to rely on a solid surface with your back and sacrum. The wall for this purpose is ideal.
You need to inhale, then raise your leg, bent at the knee and hip joint. The angle must be straight. Withstand this position for 10 seconds, then exhale and lower the leg. To increase the load in the future, a small load( 1-2 kg) is used. If the leg is not bent, you can damage your back, so do not do so.
But the most often used therapeutic gymnastics for back pain from the prone position. This requires an even, hard surface. The legs are braced for shoulder width, arms stretched along the body. First you need to raise your head, using the muscles of the press to try to reach the knees with your hands. For every effort is given no more than ten seconds. Then the pelvis rises from the starting position, is held and lowered. Then you can try to turn your legs, bent at the knees, in different directions, then the knees rise to the chest. All this alternates, every exercise is repeated at least ten times.
You can also sit on a chair that has a high backrest. Back arches in the lower back and presses against the back of the chair. Then you can rest for a short time, then you need to return to the exercise. You can sit on the floor, dilute the knees widely, buttocks to place between the feet. With a straight back, they slope forward, lifting the buttocks from the floor. Repeat ten times.
We'll figure it out, is everyone available gymnastics for back with low back pain.
What are the limitations and contraindications?
Lumbar pain can occur not only because of sciatica and osteochondrosis. Not always there is a benefit from curative gymnastics, in some cases it can do much harm. The following conditions are not recommended for practicing the described exercises:
- In pregnancy.
- Malignant neoplasms.
- Exacerbations of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Injury of the spine.
- Kidney Diseases.
- With back pain giving in the leg.
Gymnastics for Bubnovsky for the waist
- It is necessary to lie down on the stomach. In turn, rises then the left, then the right straight leg. Delayed in elevated position for 1-2 seconds.
- Also lie on your stomach. Now instead of legs it is necessary to lift a trunk. Delay a few seconds and return to the starting position.
- Get on your knees. Take a breath, lift the body, spread it in the hand. Exhalation - return to the starting position.
- Get up on all fours. Do swings straight legs up and down in turn left and right.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees. Imitate them by riding a bicycle.
- Standing, raise a straight leg and put on any support - table, chair. Gently make the torso of the trunk to the foot, as far as possible. Then the legs should be changed.
- Lie on your side. Raise your straight leg up, hold it for a while and lower it into place. Then you need to change sides.
Is everyone allowed such a gym for back pain?
For these exercises, too, there are contraindications:
- In the early postoperative period, therapeutic gymnastics is not recommended. Seams may break or other complications may arise. .
- For malignant tumors in the spine. With these exercises, cancer patients will only aggravate the situation.
- In cases of blood flow disorders in the heart muscle. Exercises can cause a sudden myocardial infarction.
- In cases of blood flow disorders in the brain. Any physical activity is contraindicated in the pre-adult state.
Infarction and stroke very often end in a fatal outcome, so do not abuse these recommendations.
General depletion of the body, high blood pressure, heart failure and diabetes, as well as a tendency to bleeding are contraindications to this kind of physiotherapy exercises.
Reviews confirm that therapeutic gymnastics for the waist is extremely important. For classes you do not need to purchase expensive equipment, exercises can be done without leaving home. It is important to believe in healing, and it appears if you practice regularly. But in order to avoid negative consequences, it is better to consult a doctor before starting the exercises. He will prescribe an examination, according to which you can determine the cause of pain in the lower back.