Is stomatitis contagious or not? How do you know if it's a stomatitis?
With the manifestations of stomatitis, sooner or later you have to face every person. There are several reasons that lead to the development of this disease. Each of them will be selected further in the material. Also consider what is a stomatitis, whether infectious is infectious or not.
Based on the definition itself, it is obvious that the virus is the causative agent of the disease. The causes of the development of the disease can be the defeat of the body:
- with chicken pox;
- with hepatitis;
The main manifestation in the development of viral stomatitis is an increase in body temperature, the development of pain in the oral cavity. In the tongue and gums of a person susceptible to an ailment, characteristic whites of a whitish hue form, which tend to merge.
Viral stomatitis is contagious or not? The presented form of the disease carries a potential danger to others. Individual pathogens of the disease can be transmitted through the use of non-contaminated dishes and tableware, by airborne droplets during conversation, sneezing, coughing.
Bacterial form of
This is another type of disease characterized by the following symptoms:
- sublingual area of the mouth, gums and hard palate acquire a loose structure, become swollen and painful;
- the surface of the tissues is covered with sores and cracks;
- human respiration has a putrid, extremely unpleasant odor;
- signs of intoxication;
- changes the body temperature dramatically, reaching high values for a short time.
How long does it infect a stomatitis in a bacterial form? This type of disease seriously affects immunity. Therefore, most often affects children. Infection presents a potential danger to others until the time when the protective functions of the body are restored. In this case, the transmission of an infectious agent is possible both by contact and airborne droplets. Is the stomatitis of adults contagious or not? In this case, the bacterial pathogen can be transmitted under the condition that there are microscopic cracks in the oral cavity of the sick person, which are deep foci of infection.
The development of the disease is observed when the mucous membranes of the oral cavity are affected by pathological fungal infections. The disease manifests as redness and swelling of the tissues, the appearance of ulcers, white plaque on the gums, palate and tongue.
Among the main risk factors that can provoke the development of candidal stomatitis, it is worth noting:
- uncontrolled reception of antibiotics;
- general weakening of the body's protective functions;
- development of diabetes mellitus;
- hormonal failures;
- wearing of dentures, in which the formation of dryness in the mouth is observed.
Fungal stomatitis is contagious or not? Unlike previous varieties of the disease, the candidiasis pathogen is not transmitted by airborne droplets. However, with insufficient disinfection of general cutlery, infection can spread to a healthy person. The main risk group here are people who have a general decrease in immunity, along with an increase in blood sugar. Such conditions are ideal for rapid multiplication of pathogenic fungi.
The presented version of the disease is characterized by the formation of painful ulcers( aft) on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. An additional symptom is the formation of a gray, white or yellowish coating on the gums and cheeks.
In adults and children, the aphthous form of stomatitis can develop against the background of:
- traumatic effects on the oral mucosa;
- serious stress;
- total vitamin deficiency;
- acute course of digestive system diseases.
Aftosny stomatitis is contagious or not? If the cause of the development of the disease is the above factors, there is no cause for concern. You can get infected here only when the disease flows into a viral form.
Stomatitis - is it contagious when kissing?
If the disease provokes staphylococci or the herpes virus, then there is a potential danger of transmitting the disease to a healthy person through a kiss. Therefore, during the treatment of infected people, it is better to avoid physical contact with others. Aphthous stomatitis is not transmitted through a kiss, but in exceptional cases it can go to people who have a violation of the blood supply to the oral cavity.
Treatment of stomatitis
How many days is infectious a stomatitis in children? What remedies should be used to treat it? Reduce the duration of the disease allows the application of the following therapy methods:
- Refusal to use toothpastes containing lauryl sodium sulfate. This component contributes to the formation of foam during the use of hygiene products intended for cleaning the oral cavity. This property can provoke the development of serious outbreaks of stomatitis.
- The use of anesthetics, which include lidocaine, benzocaine, trimecaine. Presented substances can reduce the sensitivity of tissues, which allows you to avoid discomfort during a conversation or eating food.
- Antibacterial agents - mouthwash with chlorhexidine content can accelerate the healing process of painful ulcers.
- Medication antiviral drugs are relevant for the development of stomatitis in viral form. Suppress the spread of the causative agent of a potentially capable of oxoline, interferon, tebrofenovaya, bonaflonovaya ointment.
- Folk remedies - decoctions based on St. John's Wort, sage, chamomile, calendula, oak bark. Rinsing of the oral cavity with preparations made from medicinal herbs allows to remove puffiness, eliminate irritation of tissues, extinguish the spread of ulcerative manifestations.
So, we figured out if the stomatitis is contagious to others. To prevent the development of the disease, it is necessary to observe the hygiene of the oral cavity, avoid exposure to the body of factors that are capable of provoking a weakening of immunity. It is also recommended to resort to preventive measures, in particular, regularly visit a dentist, avoid bad habits, monitor the nature of food consumed.