Eye drops "Polinadym": instructions, description of the preparation, composition, analogues, reviews
Eye diseases can provoke various serious complications. Any pathology associated with vision does not allow a person to fully appreciate the world around him. Therefore, if the problem has arisen, you must definitely fight it. Especially often the disease manifests on the background of allergies. In this case, the doctor can prescribe eye drops "Polinadym".Instructions for using this drug will be presented in this article.
General characteristics and composition of the drug
The presented drug is used in ophthalmology. It is a local antiallergic agent. In its composition, you can find components such as diphenhydramine and naphazoline. The first of them reduces the signs of allergies, such as swelling, itching or increased lacrimation. It is a blocker of H-1 receptors. The second component contributes to the narrowing of the peripheral vessels, which lasts long enough. This helps to reduce the severity of edema.
As for the auxiliary substances, the composition of the preparation includes: water-soluble methyl cellulose, boric acid, disodium edetate, sodium tetraborate decahydrate, distilled water. If you are prescribed eye drops "Polinadym", the instruction must be read before taking the medicine.
Indications for use
This drug is used in such cases:
- If allergic conjunctivitis is diagnosed, and in acute form. However, it can be repeated for one season or disturb the patient all year round.
- With the development of eye irritation associated with the use of contact lenses.
- If a person has an allergic reaction to dust, water, cigarette smoke or sunlight.
- If there are acute infections of an infectious nature.
When should I use drops?
Eye drops "Polinadym", the composition of which we have already found out, can not always be assigned. There are such contraindications to the use of medication:
- Conjunctival conjunctival, Sjogren's syndrome( dryness of the mucous membranes of the body).
- Closed-angle glaucoma.
- Too high sensitivity to the drug components.
- Joint reception with some other medicines.
- Child age - up to 2 years.
Special care when prescribing such a drug should be observed with arterial hypertension, severe arrhythmia, atherosclerosis, thyrotoxicosis, adrenal adenoma, chronic rhinitis and bronchial asthma. In addition, it is desirable to dispense with these drops to pregnant women and nursing mothers.
What side effects can appear?
If you have to use eye drops "Polinadym", the instruction will tell you about those unforeseen reactions that may arise. So, the patient can manifest such unexpected effects:
- Burning, swelling of the conjunctiva, itching or other symptoms of eye irritation.
- Persistent impairment of vision and dilated pupil.
- Dryness of the nasal mucosa.
- Painful sensations.
- Increased intraocular pressure.
Sometimes there may be pallor of the skin, pain in the heart, tremor, tachycardia, increased blood pressure. In some cases, increased secretion of sweat was noted. Accompany the administration of drops can headache, nausea, drowsiness. As you can see, eye drops "Polynadym", the instruction is always present in the package of the drug, can cause quite unpleasant reactions. However, their strength and frequency are quite small.
Features of the drug
Most often, the drug is prescribed to adults, but in some cases it can be shown to children from 2 years. As for the dosage, Polinadym( eye drops, instructions for use will give you full information about this drug), the patient with acute symptoms is prescribed only one drop in the conjunctival sac. Install the medicine every 3 hours until signs decrease. After this, take one drop to 3 times a day. Continue treatment until the symptoms disappear.
In general, the duration of therapy is about 5 days. If further treatment is necessary, then it is necessary to ask the opinion of the attending physician. However, if within three days the drops did not produce tangible results, they should be discarded.
Overdose and drug interaction
In principle, the situation with overdose is unlikely, but it can not be excluded completely. If you were prescribed eye drops "Polinadym", instructions for use( the description of the drug you already could read earlier) will tell you about the possible symptoms of an overdose. Among the signs can be identified such as: hypothermia, dilated pupil, which does not pass a long time, tachycardia, suppression of the central nervous system, as well as increased blood pressure. If such problems occur, then treatment should be symptomatic.
During the appointment of drops the doctor must take into account the peculiarities of their interaction with some other means. For example, if a patient simultaneously with "Polinadym" takes tricyclic antidepressants, then there is a risk of excessive vasoconstrictive effect. One should be especially careful when sharing drops with inhibitors, which are prescribed in the treatment of drug and alcohol dependence. The fact is that this situation can provoke a hypertensive crisis. Little is known about the interaction with other drugs.
As already mentioned, if you are allergic, the eye drops "Polinadym" can help you. Instructions for use( reviews about the drug are mostly positive) indicates such warnings during treatment:
- It is not recommended to use the medication more often than every three hours.
- The drug is digested only in the eyes. Introduction of it intravenously, intramuscularly or ingestion is strictly prohibited.
- If a patient exhibits side effects that can talk about the systemic effect of the drug, then it should be canceled.
- During the treatment, it is undesirable to use contact lenses. If you can not do without them, then after installing the drops to install them you need only after 15 minutes.
- Since the use of the drug causes a short-term vision disorder, you should not drive immediately after using it. It is best to wait until you can normally perceive the picture.
Reviews, Analogues and Storage Features of
If the Polynadym Eye Drops do not suit you, the instructions for use( analogues may have the same active substance) states that the doctor may prescribe you other drugs. Among them are very popular: "Vizin", "Naphthyzin", "Opatanol", "Kromogeksal", "Okumil".As for Polynadima, the reviews about him are quite good. That is, it is effective enough, has a small cost, it can be bought without a prescription. It is sold in flakonchikah, which can be made of glass or polymer materials. The bottle usually has a dropper. The volume of the bottle is 5-10 ml.
The cost of the drug can range from 70 to 100 rubles. As for the storage features, it is necessary to keep the bottle in a dark place, at a temperature of about 15-25 degrees. Freeze the liquid can not. The drug can be stored for about 2 years. However, after opening the bottle the product can be used only for a month, after which it should be discarded.
Now you have all the information on the subject: "Eye drops" Polinadym ": composition, analogs, instructions."Never use medicines without the permission of the doctor, in order not to aggravate your condition. Be healthy!